Im still making strength and size gains while cutting (500 deficit/high protein) and working out 6x a week (ABCABCx but...

im still making strength and size gains while cutting (500 deficit/high protein) and working out 6x a week (ABCABCx but sometimes i skip my rest day lulz) all while being natty

is this weird? i feel pretty high T desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qmen0wuvUk0
youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw&t=145s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>[Post a Reply]
It's only a matter of time until you get hurt, telling you from experience. Doesn't even matter if you lift "properly".

I used to work out 6 times a week and was going through a cut while making gains then I strained a tendon in my forearm. Kept working out on it and now I've been out of the gym since October 2016.

also

A: chest, tris, shoulders
B: back, bis
C: legs, core

lifts:

Bench: 205lbs x 5
Squat: 225 x 5
Deadlift: 265 x 5
Pullups: weighted 50lbs x 5
OHP: 135 x 5

i feel like ever since my breakup when i stopped eating and my hormones probably crashed, i bounced back strong af (stronger than i was before) and im making mad gains idk its weird

Don't listen to this guy, just listen to your body. If you are feeling sluggish with your lifts take a day off and maybe even deload for 3 days of the workout (I'm assuming you're doing a PPL).

i felt like i SLIGHTLY strained a thumb tendon/ligament while hitting my PR of 135 OHP. i listened to my body and called it quits for that workout and took a few days break. that was a few weeks ago and it feels fine now desu.

so should i just listen to my body and ill be fine? or should i force myself to do ABCx with NO rest day skips?

i do feel sluggish every once in a while and ill force myself to take a rest day. actually recently, i was having a lot of muscle soreness in my arms (i think it was because i skipped a rest day and went rock climbing instead lmao)

that was about a week ago and i think i forced myself to take a rest day and im fine now again.

also i stopped taking creatine before my cut (i was bulking before) so i think its lulzy that i somehow keep gaining strength (although slow)

i also made insane strength gains within the past 5 months. i went from 145 bench to 205 for example

these are all me (OP) btw sorry not trying to bump a lot or anything

When I went to therapy a lot of people there told me they usually didn't even show a sign/symptom right before they got hurt. It just kind of happens.

During this time, I'm not sure if it was a universal sign or what but a lot of people told me to start taking it slow from now on and i was watching a youtube video online somewhere where a bodybuilder gave advice on taking a month to two months off if it's a slight strain or whatever so that you don't make it worse. He was mentioning how your body's muscle memory brings you back to where you were anyways.

I was finishing up therapy during this time and my arm was getting better, so I started hitting the gym again and sure enough I started making my gains back in 2-3 weeks but I also ended up hurting my arm again.

I have a friend who tore his pec during decline out of no where, he wasn't even struggling with the weight.

And I also have a friend who is natty strong af can rep 310 14 times 285 23 times and only weighs 220. He hurt his chest once not a tear probably a strain but he took two months off without a doubt and I think back to that day and realize I should've done the same.

wow thats pretty scary especially since there are no warning signs.

tomorrow is chest day so now im contemplating taking a rest day especially since i try to add weight every workout (5lbs)

thank you for sharing

Not bad. Personally I have 245 deadlift, but cant even bench 110 what the fuck is wrong with me

It's because you're still a novice.

This didn't deserve its own thread

ive also been feeling like a popping in my inner elbow

no pain or anything

yeah okay im gonna take a rest day tomorrow for sure. maybe even several days to be on the safe side. i really dont want to get injured

youtube.com/watch?v=qmen0wuvUk0

Np dude

ive lifted for like 2 years prior (on and off)

this is the first time im actually making gains though

just try to increase the weight by 5lbs every workout. i take preworkout and listen to hype rap music (hopsin). i also usually ask a gym worker for a spot. basically, just go fucking ham and force your body to move the weight

thats how ive made a lot of progress lately: basically just go HAM in everything (diet, training, sleep)

How long you've been messing around doesn't really count. If you progress linearly, you're still a novice, and most novices can adapt sufficiently even on a mild cut.

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw&t=145s

Post vids and stats to back up what you're saying pls

It's the literal definition of novice in most strength programming.

You'll scream e-stats unless I post vids, and all my meet vids have my face in them.

Thought so.

took the liberty of taking a cropped still from a 1RM from a month ago.

441/276/518 at meet @163lbs, 465/295/530 gym maxes at current bw 184lbs

nice, wasnt me (OP) talking shit btw

There's some shit around over "resting" and "over" training that helps you do apparently inconsistent strength increases. Basically when you "overrest" your capabilities catapult because you can easily get back to where you were, but with "momentum" to just as easily get past that. It also works with "overtraining" a while before the long resting period, but also making a more active anabolic resting instead of the actually catabolic effects of "overresting" that I described (catabolic in the sense that you're not building, but slowly losing muscle when you're no longer working out).