Anyone who's actually Veeky Forums but still smokes? can it be done?

anyone who's actually Veeky Forums but still smokes? can it be done?

no it can't be done

Really hard. Recently quit for the 8th time.
Started when I was 15. 24 now. I've quit 7 times previously ranging from 3 months to a year. In total I've smoked about 6 years.
I'll have a cigarette when I'm drinking that I'll get from a friend. But I refuse to ever buy them again. I'm older now. I understand the addiction better and I'm just alot happier now not breathing in smoke.
Try your best to quit user. That shit is literal cancer.

Cardiofag chainsmoker here, it can be done.
I've ran a marathon right after I burned a few with no problems. The trick is to build up your lung's tolerance to deal with the decrease in output.
It took me years to reach this point. My first few half marathons I wanted to fucking die. I even threw up during one.
But I persevered, and now I'm reaping the benefits of both health and pleasure.

We're all gonna make it...

Can I smoke 2 or 3 only on weekends? What about 1 a day? I have great self control, would this affect my gains too much?

I only smoke when the weathers nice out, and i usually go through a pack in like 2 weeks. In my experience as long as you arent chain smoking it hasnt had any effects on lifting

depends what you mean fit. markus ruhl used to smoke a pack a day

If you had any self control, you would never have started smoking.

> health and pleasure
> literally killing himself

At least use a rope and make it faster

Joe Schiling

t. faggot

I'll sometimes smoke when I'm drinking. I never ever feel a craving when I'm sober though. You can absolutely smoke casually and socially, especially if you understand how bad they are for you.

You wouldn't ask if you knew this guy

I smoke 3-5 cigs a week and i'm fairly fit by most standards. Not like i'm smoking a pack a day but it's been pretty constant over the past few years.

Don't worry user you'll get tired of scabbing smoked off your mates and start buying packs again, the ride never ends.

Nice

this is absolute bullshit by a mentally ill fag, do not listen to him

never understood how people can do this

are you actually inhaling the smoke?

if I'm smoking I can't see myself not smoking at least half a pack a day

No bullshit friend, just experience after years of hard work.

if you have the discipline to run and finish a marathon you have the discipline to quit smoking

stop bullshitting, you're shitposting and trying to bait smokers to keep smoking because you're mentally fucked

I smoked for about 8 years, 18-28, and always was a sporty guy. Never an athlete, but I enjoyed playing hockey and going to the gym.

I tried to quit several times, and finally came to peace that I would die smoking.

At about 28, I was so weak, always tired, it took me 3 days to recover from a small ball game.

So I quit smoking.

5 months later I was diagnosed with leukemia.

Now I vape or chew nicorette. I need nicotine so bad to stay sane. I really can't smoke, it cost 60,000$ a year to keep me alive. If I start smoking, my family and friends and doctor will think I'm an ungrateful moron.

To answer your question, yes you can be Veeky Forums and smoke for a couple of years but your progress will be slower and you'll lose your benefits quicker.

Give it ten years and you won't be able to execise.

Everyone's different with smoking i guess. I get cravings to smoke a lot, but its easy for me to just not do it.

>I smoked for about 8 years, 18-28, and always was a sporty guy

>I smoked for about 8 years, 18-28,

>8 years 18-28

>8 years

>18-28

I smoked a cigar this weekend and I feel like I can't breathe as deep. I'm getting back to normal but i felt like shit the morning after. Idk it might be in my head, but that was my experience. I've only smoked a cigar like 5 times before, all in the last 3 months, but it's the first time I feel bad. Didn't affect my lifts in the short term, but might long term. Might quit.

If you can't stop smoking, you're not going to get fit.

sure, I smoke a pack a day, and still manage to run 6.2 in under an hour

also drink frequently, it's all about building your stamina in the first place, but yeah you'll probably have a hard time building stamina if you're already a smoker. but once you get there you're good

It can't be done. Actually, it diminish your gains. May relax your muscles but don't do any favour to your blood circulation.
However I still smoke cause I'm addicted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you know that you're not supposed to inhale cigar smoke right?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I used to smoke but quit. I have a few Veeky Forums friends who smoke socially but as a former actual pack a day smoker, no.

It was extremely difficult to quit and trying to get fit while you smoke is fucking retarded. Your body just can't deal with the cardiovascular stress. Even after I quit smoking it took about 3 months for my skin to start to clear up and like 6 months for my lungs to start to be able to efficiently operate while I would do cardio on off days. It's been like 9 months now and the difference in my appearance and overall health is night and day. Not to mention I'm saving a lot of money.

Don't give in to the tobacco jew, it's garbage and has no upside.

Degenerate. I've never understood addiction which I'm lucky for. Smoked for 7 years and then just didn't like it one day. Cold turkey and haven't smoked one in 2 years.

Yeah, I should have said about 10 years since in the beginning I was not smoking a lot.

You know, 8 years of total smoking time on a ten year period.

You should get checked for autism before you spread it out to the gym.

Bump.

Fitness is about having a healthy diet and getting regular exercise, so yes.

If you plan to do endurance or high-intensity cardio, think again.

If you're concerned about maximizing your muscle growth, you're pretty much fucked because you're a smoker but you will still make gains, lets just say at 2/3 the rate of a non-smoker.

speak for yourself willlet,I've been smoking occasionally for 3 years now and still don't smoke more than about one a week
its not our fault you're weak and you cave