/fat/ Fatty General

Last Thread almost at 300 posts Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

>Calculate your weight loss plan
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Calculate your BF%
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

>currently playing Overwatch and filling my stomach with Tea to curb cravings

How do you guys curb cravings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7gXhPUs0dk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>5'10", currently at about 265
>first week of trying to get fit
>been eating about 1600 cals a day and going to the gym every day (my work week starts on Saturday)
>constantly feeling hungry

help

>6'1
>350 lbs

Got the weights down, just not the diet. Could use some help.

>5'9, 200lbs
>Only just recently started cutting, been on a week strong now
>Sister came over today for a visit
>She's an alcoholic shit and doesn't respect the fact I'm trying to cut and live a healthier lifestyle
>She's gone and ordered an extra large pizza for the family today so we don't have to cook
>I was going to cook my own dinner anyway
>tfw there's a greasy hot pizza on my diningroom table tempting the fuck out of me rn to break my cut in a million different ways
give me strength brehs it's so fucking hard

what are you eating?

Go for a walk, head down to a convenience store or something, and then buy a salad with no cheese or dressing and some water. The salad won't be the best but at least it will get you away from strong temptations and give you a bit of exercise.

I don't know if I should be posting here or QTDDTOT but how do I get rid of that last inch or so of stomach fat? The rest of my body I have seen improvement on but no matter what I do I can't seem to shake off this last layer of fat on my abs. Should i just increase the amount of reps I do for ab Excercises? Or just do more cardio?

could just eat 2000 calories m8 and you don't need to go to the gym every day unless it's like cardio

That last bit is all diet my friend.

Good luck.

Eat more, trust me.

Thanks mate, see you on the other side.

I do 3 days of lifting, and 2 days of cardio.

Why should I eat more? How much should I eat?

i was like this 2 or 3 weeks , then my body understood that i was going to fucking fed it only 1500 cal a day and i no longer had cravings

This. Whenever I feel like I'm going to break down I go to the local 7/11 and buy a 4 dollar DIY Chicken Casear salad that's only 230 calories. You can make your own at home ofc, but whatever stops me from eating bad.

Discipline friend. Eat 1500 calories a day, continue the workouts.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate these threads.

tdee is close to 3000, eating only 1500 is retarded, should eat at least 2000

YOu don't even have to start at 1500 a day. I ate 2000 a day, which was my maintenance calories, for a weekish just to get used to not gorging on food daily.

1500 cals a day for someone you weight is gonna cause you to rubberband back to gorging. Eat at or 500 below maintenance for a bit until you get that down for a week or so

What kind of deficit should I be aiming for? Is it worth lifting weights if I want to look better, or should I lose the weight before I start lifting. I'm only ~30 lbs overweight.

Thanks for the help. Take care.

google TDEE

find out

that's a pound a week

yes it's worth lifting weights, otherwise losing weight without working out just turns you into a skinnyfat

lifting weight for gainz first makes it easier to lose fat in the future because you burn more calories simply maintaining muscle, either way you should be lifting regardless of whatever you prioritize.

awesome, thanks for the advice man.

+1 on this guys advice, follow what he's saying. If you start tomorrow you can shed off those 30 lbs and look lean and slightly muscular by the end of the year easily

post yfw i'm eating ice cream with my meals 3x a day and i'm 115lbs and losing weight

ice cream is a 'light' junk food, it's very airy,

>100g icecream 200 calories
>100g chips 500 calories
>100g of pure sugar is less than 400 calories

Mainly calorie deficit. As long as you eat at a deficit, you will lose weight, regardless of what you eat.

Other than that:
>Lots of vegetables
>Good amount of protein
>don't eat simple carbs, only complex carbs
>cut out sugar, and sugary foods
>try to cut down on sodium
>eat healthy in general
>make sure to do a good amount of cardio as well
>eat leaner cuts of meat
>Try to incorporate fish into your diet.
>Healthy oils like canola, coconut, avocado, olive etc. NO VEGETABLE OIL
>Consider taking multivitamins and fish oil supplements
>Get a good amount of calcium
>If you're going to eat snacks between meals, consider nuts with lower calories, popped corn, without butter or salt, cucumber, celery, etc.
>Make sure the fat you eat is healthy. More polyunsaturated and monosaturated fat, moderate amounts of healthy saturated fat, as little trans fat as possible. There are different opinions, research, beliefs on this. Dieticians recommend what I just mentioned above
>LOTS OF WATER.
Don't believe in fad diets. Here, let me run through shit people will recommend.

Keto:
Basically running your body on fat. Your body won't turn into a "fat burning machine" as in fat on your body. People usually fall for this because they lose a lot of water weight in the beginning. You're putting your body at risk for many health problems and ketosis is a terrible state for your body to be in.

Low Carb:
Better than keto, but again the same thing - water weight. You will feel really tired.

These are the two most popular ones

Again, in the end it comes down to calories in vs calories out. If you fuck up on eating healthy, just make sure you don't overeat. Also if you fuck up on one thing, don't just give up and eat like shit for the rest of the day. Understand you're human and make mistakes
You're gonna make it user. Once you lose weight, you will realize how easy it is to control your weight, body composition, etc. You will lose that "permanently a certain way" thinking

>light
>ice cream ben and jerry 400g
>Like 1400 something calories
>light

Sure if you go for the actual light stuff it can be less but don't throw all ice cream under light

Help me bros, I'm going on vacation and don't know what to do. I met my pre-vacation weight goal but don't want to let all the work go to waste.

Just don't eat a lot, right? Enjoy myself and eat foods I want to eat, but try and spread out the food (as in, if I want to eat from specific places and specific foods I shouldn't eat more than one or so a day).

just found out a cup of dole whip is 90 calories. Looks like I know what treat I won't be staying away from.

stop sitting in front of your computer browsing Veeky Forums and go for a fucking walk, you disgusting pieces of shit

there's dimes waiting for you out there, but if you don't move fast, niggers are going to take them and ruin them

no tomorrow excuses, no just one more cigarette bullshit

GO DO IT NOW
GO OUTSIDE

Try intermittent fasting. You get to eat whatever you like and still lose weight. I usually just eat a full plate of food each day and nothing else. Try to keep it on the healthy side though.

Unless you're going to some 3rd world shit hole just order a salad with everything you eat. That's what I did on my visit to NYC. I maintained weight, which I'm happy with.

Does this truly work? I'm always hungry right now

>5'6"
>250#
>currently doing weights 3x week, 4x week cardio
not sure what is the best diet to follow since I'm exercising a lot more often than I usually do... been doing low carb, lots of protein, as little fat as possible... also, am grill. so I think maybe that makes a difference... pls help .___.

Ffs, I cut so well, can deal with hunger pains, workout every day. But the second I have 1 sugary treat, I can't stop. I had quite a bit of kcals left for the day and decided two cookies would be a nice treat..nope, ate the box

Fuck it, no more sugary garbage at least until this cut is done..I have a problem.

what you eat matters too user. what do you eat?

healthy fats are important too, keeps your hormone levels in check, good for heart, etc. Try to get them from nuts, fish, avocados, seeds, oil.

This pic is a pretty good summary of foods to be eating.

It's actually been proven that fat from fish does not provide anything positive for the heart and some fat from da cow is protective.

just binge ate

i feel full but i feel failure

also you don't need 1g protein per bodyweight

Buy bronkaid, aspirin, coffee.

Started at 240 2 weeks ago, now at 232.

Hardest thing for me to give up is booze.

In about 3 hours i get my cancer test results back. I hope i don't have cancer but I heard chemo is good for weight loss amirite g-guys?

Here's today's food

>breakfast
4 scrambled eggs mixed with 2 slices of cheese (480 cal)
>lunch
A ham and cheese sandwich along with a banana and baby carrots (620 cal)
>dinner
A chicken ceaser salad with light ranch dressing, apple slices, and baby carrots (400 cal)

Add in my protein power (120) as well.

its night in a shitty area. no.

>people think nyc is a vacation

source or gtfo bruh

>NYC
>Not a third world shithole

user...

3 steak tacos 750 calories. Bought from some illegals for lunch.

1 bowl lentil soup for dinner 400 calories. Proton shake 300 calories or something idgaf.

About a gallon of coffee, 0 calories

>About a gallon of coffee, 0 calories

m8...

Blaq coffee has 0 calories

>gallon

Sorry for the blog. Recently lost my job was losing weight while I was there now I've been sitting on my ass for the last six months if I just do adiet will I be able to lose the weight again or would I need to do some exercise I know that sounds very lazy but I'm very self-conscious about my weight I don't think I'd be able to go to a gym

is keto a bad meme? it seems like a lot of women are successful at losing weight rapidly while adhering to a keto diet

A basic diet combined with a simple exercise program will help you lose the excess fat.

You don't even really need to exercise if you decide to become fairly active.

yes you can lose weight only by dieting however most people in the gym don't give a shit about you, also you can do bodyweightfitness at home or just take walks etc.

I don't like it, your mileage may vary.

My brain just doesn't work right without some carbs. I guess women can't tell the difference lol.

Cutting too hard. Bring it up to 1800 calories and makes sure you get lots of protein. If you stop exercising decrease calories to 1700

So that stuff about the buff guy shitting all over the fat guys is false?

We are all going to make it. I give you my strength.

yes keto is a meme, with multiple health risk associated with it. It is especially risky for fatties because it increases the chance of heart attacks if you have diabetes or pre-diabetes which is common amongst fatties. Keto was designed to help epilepsy patients but doctors need to at least try 3 different medications before they are allowed to recommend keto, but most try 9 or more, keto is a last resort kinda thing.

That's usually the last place fat is used because it's center of mass. Gotta cut hard.

Most gyms lifetime ban people that film or harass others.

Is 3 meals and 2 snacks a day a meme? If so what is the ideal day eating schedule?

1 good meal and a small collect before bed

I started jogging again for the first time in a year and went to donintervals and my legs itched so bad I could only do 20 minutes, but I'm going to do more this week because I know that'll pass eventually

6'1" Male

Changed my diet in August last year, have been slowly losing since then. I would probably be closer to my goal weight if I didn't cheat so much. Once I get under 100kg I am planning to start lifting.
Am I gonna make it?

Just remember, you don't have to finish your plate. The servings at restaurants are designed to satisfy a 350lb beetus fueled monster. Eat a litter, drink a little, and have a fun vacation.

Vacations should be a chance for you to splurge a little and try all the cool flavours and ingredients you can't afford to eat every day. Don't settle for fucking speghetti and meatballs. Go for the weird crustacean taco or the fillet.

people on keto diets claim to have reversed their insulin-dependent diabetes though

Autopsy on an obese woman who died of heart disease.

youtube.com/watch?v=V7gXhPUs0dk

cutting starts a few seconds after 8:30

whoops thought this was /fph/. Serves some motivational purpose thought I suppose.

i have watched this video before, kinda funny how one of the guys doing the autopsy is on the border of overweight/obese yet he talks about how bad it is the entire time.

that is a result of losing weight, you will not hear about the storys were they had a heart attack and died because they are dead and can't shitpost online.

>5'7 170lbs, size 16-18 whale.
>People in local gym sit next to the door talking shit and shaming big people
>Cant afford healthy food
Fuck it im gonna eat healthy even if it ends up being too expensive for me, idk about exercise though..

probably troll but i respond anyways for others. Healthy foods are dirt cheap compared to fast food. If you buy Oats, milk, eggs, rice, veggies, fruit and lean meats you will pay around 20-30$ a week for food.

Not troll, sadly..
Basically my life is kinda fucked right now and i'm having to live off £10 a week, of course that's impossible so I'm stretching out my money to £20 from next week on.
I know i'll be able to eat somewhat healthy and all with the budget if i become smart about it. I'm just in such a bad state right now, everything sucks but i also know losing weight takes time too and i dont want to fall for the "i'll start in 2 months" meme i want to do it now or atleast try... idk about exercising but eating healthy i can try.

go for a walk inside your house then
>living in shitty nigger infested areas

£10 for food is possible. you won't have a good time, but it's possible. think porridge with water, lots of pasta.

How did it go?

people like you crash the hardest. you give too much thought and are too strict with cutting. eating a few slices of pizza won't destroy your cut lmao. enjoy yourself some man and eat some pizza you retard

>167
boys Im so fucking close to 150. I started at around 210 last september. I regret not lifting but fuck that we're all gonna make it

On the advice of Veeky Forums I started taking photos of myself. I currently workout 5 times a week, 40mins cardio and lifting, then additional lifts and core exercises every evening. My diet is around 1400 cals a day but usually less.

I wasn't losing weight, my body looked the same so two weeks ago I took a photo. It was gross but gave me a starting point (although I'd been doing this for two months prior).

Took a new photo last night. Fuck me, the difference is insane. I'm not going to bother with the scales anymore because I can't trust them.

ice cream is one of the worst things you can eat

scales are good but only if you weight yourself under the same conditions every time and then average it

its mostly white crime here retard. its not the ghetto.

im not comfortavpble going out at night. and i do walk around. 250 steps at a time every hour

best times are morning or before bed for this reason. weight fluctuates during the day. its better to weigh weekly but i do it daily just to keep my mindset

Good video, interesting and quite motivational. Seeing the 3~4 inch layer of yellowy fat is disgusting.

Dahl and rice is pretty good and cheaper than meat with rice

started at 350lbs 13 months ago, now sitting at 268, but i stopped giving a fuck for like 3 months (didn't gain weight tho)

finally gonna break this plateau, i've been doing psmf for 3 weeks and it ends this friday, if i'm not 260 i'll kill my cat, after that i'll up my calorie from 800 to 1300 (the magic number that made me lose 90lbs)

we gonn maek eet

don't cut for too long. cut for 2-3 weeks and then eat at maintenance for 1 week so your hormones reset then start your cut again. also you don't have to eat at such low calories because you're only going to stall faster

When you change your diet how long should your body stall for
I was losing way too much weight then I raised my calories by only 200 now it's stalled

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
LEAVE MY BOARD NOOWW!
GO BACK TO R9K DAMNIT THIS OUR BOARD REEEE!

You did good but keep at it

>I was losing *too much* weight
>raised my calories
>stopped losing weight
>how do I lose weight again
Einstein over here lads

>/r9k/
>attempting to change their lot in life
hearty kek

What routines other fatties doing at the gym? I'm doing starting strength right now and ive made decent progress but I've been on permastall on overhead press.

is a full body routine like this really ideal for a fatty like me? i'm 6'1 240 pounds.

>Eating at large deficit losing over a kilo in a week
>Raising by mearly 200 would get rid of the deficit

It isn't cancer, i'm fine.

this is true
this is not true, diabetes has nothing to do with weight alone. obesity and diabetes are consequences of sugary diet, which wears out the langerhans islands in the pancreas. being fat from overconsumption alone does not cause diabetes as it does not cause insulin spikes.

t. actual educated diabetic since 10 years

Good. Reward yourself with a run.

Fat people don't really try to change their lot either

Woke up from a nightmare about me becoming boogie tier fat after eating a burger.

Send help, please...