Pull Ups

Is the pull up the greatest exercise known to man?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/SUTEN-Durable-Max-50kg-Black-Training-Jacket-Adjustable-Loading-Weighted-Vest-Thickening-Exercise-Boxing-Training-Waistcoat/32662693788.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.1.14YNik
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

seems all you really need in life is pushups , pullups and squats

seems all you really need in life is pushups, pullups/chinups, squats and lateral raises

FTFY

that would be The Press™

When I was deployed to Afghanistan all I did for 7 months (besides obviously patrolling for miles through the desert) was pull ups, dips, push ups, and ab workouts and when I came back I had the best physique of my life. was basically "what girls actually want" mode And I was on an extremely carb heavy diet with little proteins.

I'm much stronger now obviously but I still mire my past self

>seems all you really need in life is pushups, pullups/chinups, squats and lateral raises

heh, that is my routine :-)

once you actually get past doing 3x6-8 pull ups you will understand that eventually they become a warm up for you
the good thing about pull ups is there are tons of different variations so you can keep challenging yourself, but no the regular pull up itself is not the greatest exercise and never will be

but that isn't squat

>do first set of 10 pullups
>easy
>do second set of 10 pullups
>still easy
>get half way through third
>pull something in back, cant move
Not so easy

I can't do pronated grip chin-ups, hurts my right shoulder like hell.

you're thinking of The Press™

how bout yall suck My Cock™

yes if you're going for ottermode/cardioboi, no if you're trying to get massive.

I donno but theyre fun as fuck

Pull-Ups are the holy grail until you tear a rotator cuff like I did, and the Chin-Ups are the holy grail.

tfw bad at pull ups

>this is what chicks want
keep your roid belly to yourself faggot

Lol ever heard of bicep curls?

Yes but not for me anymore, tore a forearm muscle a year ago and now pullups agro it to the point of too much pain so its weight chin ups for me from now on

That and chin-ups are pretty much the greatest exercise known to man.

You can just substitute squats with cardio if you don't want retarded ham legs.

I just started getting fit and I cant do pull-ups or chin-ups at all. What can I do instead to work those muscles so that one day I'll actually be able to do chin-ups and pull-ups

pullup negatives
inverted rows
lat pulldown

>seems all you really need in life is pushups, pullups/chinups, squats and lateral raises

later raises? why ? why not do handstand pushups or pike pushups

No. Deadlift is the greatest exercise known to man.

Is there a worse exercise for hypertrophy
Is there a better exercise for entering snap city

Thanks user, I'll give these a go

front good mornings

tfw hit a 107,5kg x6 deadlift and 5 bodyweight pullups.

because pushups work front delts already and nothing can replace laterals

Are the legs on top suposed to look good? They look like they're about to snap from a gust of wind.

Bot doesn't look very goof either, I think the shorts are partly to blame tho.

What regiment, senpai

that title would go to rowing as it works your entire body

31st infantry

After weeks of doing reverse pullups I can finally do 3x5 pullups.
Feels good man.

they're up there

love chin ups too

squats a shit

Both the top and bottom pictures are cyclists, one is road one is track.

>tfw can't do one pull up yet

life is pain

Cyclists do squats though.
Especially track cyclists.

a lot of cyclists do single leg stuff instead of squats

Can we stop this nonsense coming from these belligerent cultists about squatting being the mecca of exercises.

I squat yes, now that's outta the way, Cyclists also do a shit ton of reps for hours with explosive sprints - it's not solely squatting that's giving them those legs.

>instead

I don't even squat.
I am a cyclist, doing interval training 3x a week (sprint/hill reps) and my legs look like toothpicks.

If you see a cyclists with nice legs he is doing weighted squats, at least in the off season.

all legs in that pic look like shit. Also, road cyclists do squats a well you mong

Could be genetics and list of factors surrounding ur training. Ur also forgetting pro Cyclists are all on gear

>road cyclists do squats

lolno

Weighted pullups or weighted dips are pretty great desu. That or deadlift

>implying handstand pushups don't work lateral head.

If you get good at it, you can do them in a burpee series:

Push-up -> Legs in -> squat jump -> grab pull-up bar and hang -> pull-up -> reverse order

That said, I would rather do chin-ups over pull-ups long term. More muscle mass, slightly longer range of motion, and better mechanics for the Lats.

>seems all you really need in life is pushups , pullups and squats

Literally my daily work out, except add running and sit ups

Tfw hit 3 chinups and one pullup at 86kg bodyweight yesterday. Couldn't do a single one of either before taking a break last week because of flu. Feels absolutely incredible man

I just did my first recently. It sucks because I wasnt a skelly so I had to pullup 200 lbs. Try adding in heavy rack pulls, it will help you be able to get to do one finally.

Who /one-arm chin/ here? Finally managed to do these today, did 3 x 6 per side. I'm looking at achieving the true OAC soon, tho it's hard because I have SS legs.

That's mot one hand.

You're pulling your primary arm with your secondary, it's a half-assed pull up at best.

You mean one and a half-assed, it takes more effort than a regular pullup.

yeah and legs work during ohp.
lateral head is probably most important aesthetics muscle second being forearms third neck

pretty good chest and back from pushups, pullups, low bodyfat + good forearms, neck and wide shoulders is true godtier

Just managed 5x5 chin-ups for the first time. Ask me absolutely anything.

I command you to greentext your happiest memory!

Why are you not doing pull ups?

seems all you really need in life is pushups, pullups/chinups, squats, deadlifts and OHP
FTFY

Do pull ups give you broader shoulders? I do them after my 3x12 chin ups but by then i am so exhausted, i cant do 4x3

Replace pushups with benchpress.

Also need bent over rows to fix your back.

seems all you really need in life is all the main compounds

Keep going, mate! They really helped me push my bench to the next level. I can now do my weight, and my max single rep so far is 160 lbs. I'll go for 200 lbs before going pure cut!

>Is the pull up the greatest exercise known to man?
Pull ups and dips. Invented by the Germans during their training of guerilla troops vs Napoleon. Not kidding.

They did the dips on the same bar as pull ups, though. One bar dips, basically.

Push Ups were generally not used back then.

t. historian

And dips

aliexpress.com/item/SUTEN-Durable-Max-50kg-Black-Training-Jacket-Adjustable-Loading-Weighted-Vest-Thickening-Exercise-Boxing-Training-Waistcoat/32662693788.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.1.14YNik

Should I buy this lads?

I tore my rhomboid doing pullups/dips and overworking while on extended caloric deficit.

Injury sucks.

Wrong. Nothing builds muscles better than squats. And if squats are king, then the deadlift is queen.

All you need is squats, deadlifts and pendlay rows.

>weighted pullups

are you ratarded

So what like you buy one of those retarded belts and then attach plates to it and let them dangle between your legs like some kind of douchebag?

lmao all that is doing is putting the stress on one wrist. you are still pulling yourself up by 2 arms

No one cares about how you look at the gym, if they do they are fucking idiots. Now if you feel douchey, thats on you, if people make you uneasy, thats also on you. Basically your not in high school, don't be a faggot, you are in charge of you and how others make you feel.... Fuck! youre such garbage user, cant you just be a better human?

I prefer to be a douchebag in the gym than in the streets like you with your tight XXS shirts and faggy haircut