QTDDTOT

>Tfw when blood-eagled, edn.

Do pull ups make lat pulldowns obsolete?

Not really. If you don't have a weight belt you can really load the weight up on lat pull-downs. Also it's good if you want a lot of time under tension, you can lower the weight but greatly decrease the speed and pace.

Fair enough. I suppose they would improve your pull up count too. Thanks

How long does it take to get used to eating clean? Typically

Does it matter if I choose to eat dark meat over white meat at all? Health wise

In a PPL can flat bench press be replaced by weighted Chest Dips?

I'd already be doing incline bench press

My body takes adually 1-2weeks to get used to new diets.

Lost my virginity a couple hours ago and the entire time I couldn't feel my dick but I was somewhat hard. Fast forward a couple of hours and I still can't feel my dick and I feel a little off and lightheaded. What should I do brehs?

>tfw 6'2 160

Bulk right?

What is the ideal eating schedule daily? 3 meals and 2 snacks is a meme right?

Sticky says meal timing doesn't matter. Just do what works best. Me for instance I'm cutting. I have 2 meals a day and maybe one snack. But these arent based around a lot of calories to begin with so 2 meals isn't too little

squats and oats

Weighted jump rope vs speed jump rope, which is better for general all around use?

Thanks senpai!

Veeky Forums

Now that I've joined the 1000lbs club, why am I still DYEL as fuck?

>435 Dead
>325 Squat
>240 Binch

5'8 at 170lbs btw...

Is strength training and power lifting really a meme?

Either you're kind of dysmorphic or you made the mistake of thinking better leverages = stronger rather than just being better at the lift.

Bump

I work out with my GF who's a PT, my form is good on my lifts user.

Also: OHP 155

But no matter how I train my arms don't grow at all

Have you gained any actual weight while lifting? How have you trained so far?

Also good form is sometimes kind of the problem. People get too caught up in peaking strength and min-maxing their form to move more weight that it masks the fact they aren't really getting much stronger.

I've lost a bunch of fat but more or less stayed around the same weight +/- 2kgs

Maybe I should just cave and just do a brosplit like everyone else at the gym and start lifting 4x12 on isolations

After latest squat, my TFL hurts so badly I can't even lift my legs to take off / wear pants.
How do I fix this now?

You're not eating enough

Bump

>Lost my virginity a couple hours ago.. can't feel dick
go to the proctologist could be that he severed your dick nerve through the anus.

Depends how long it takes for you to learn how to cook.
Seeing how you'll always be stronger on bench if done correctly I'd say "no" but if you see growth, fuck man, who am I to tell you any different?
For what? Conditioning? I'd say speedrope, try both see what you like more. Ain't too much of a difference.

Give it some rest. I once had it so bad after trying that crotch curl machine I couldn't stand up. Best advice is a little R&R.

Once it heals will it get stronger or will it get hurt again at the next squat ?

So,
i am 76.4 kg now and 1.80m tall.
I got measured last week at 16% fat.

how long does it take to get that dank tyler 1 build?
Is he actually that big or is this doable in a year

Dips guy here. Thanks. What if strength isn't my goal? I always hear/read that dips give really nice chest aesthetics

When going for aesthetics, should you bench in the 5 rep range. or go lighter and go for 10-12 reps

Mine got stronger. No problems ever since. :)
Tyler1 is 15cm shorter than you, so expect to take a lot longer to look like him. He is big, but relative to his size.
Sure dude, if you feel your muslces working best that way while keeping incline press, and you get results I don't see why not.

As long as your volume is matched, you'll gain the same amount of mass either way. Lower reps will take longer, be much harder, develop less endurance and make you significantly stronger. The reverse is true for higher reps.

>Tyler1 is 15cm shorter than you
lmao

If you just want to be/look like a Chad, is there any reason not to focus on 4x8?

If you just want to "be a Chad", you should stick to swimming, lacrosse, and having a good face, you fucking r9k piece of shit.

Honest question what do you do when you're cutting and just can't take being hungry

How can i tell the difference between water weight and fat covering my abs?

There are many options. 1) look at your current diet and look if you're getting enough complex carbs and fiber in your diet to keep you full throughout the day. 2) drink a lot of liquid. I like to drink green tea cup after cup to keep me full until the next meal 3) manage your meal times better.

Drop water weight and check. Many ways to drop it, check the internet, but it could just be your genetics who the fuck knows.

Thanks man! Keep your trip up. You and VikingsPoster are the coolest tripfags we have

Now go for the real man's 1000 lbs club. Bench, Squat, and Incline.

I'm doing compounds movements and hanging leg raises as Abs work outs.
is this enough to get a strong, thick core? want to show up some abs at higher bf%s like 14-15

Does anyone else scratch their arse then sniff it??

well if you can do sets of 20 pullups, no kipping.

then sure.

otherwise do both.

in just about every single situation raised on this shithole of a cuckfest, the answer is never x not y or y not x it is always:

>do both, you enormous faggot

when you gain fat does caffeine get stored in it too? Im losing serious weight at the moment but I feel Im caffeinated as fuck and cant hardly sleep. I have serious troubles falling asleep, sleep maybe 4 hours and feel rested. that effect I only get when I take in some serious amount of caffeine. But I cut it all now for some time.

How do tricep kickbacks compare to skullcrushers? The latter feels awkward for me and kickbacks feel sooooooo good

just superset curls+skullcrushers and youre basically set for big arms tbqh

Can i go up on my squat by 10lbs a session instead of 5. I feel like I can lift it

On ss btw

QUICK RUNDOWN

>Shitty Wrists. get hurt when punching.
>I have to develop tendoms and shieeet.
>suggest me forearm exercises to do so please.

Thanks.

how much do you lift now?

Cable Wrist Curls.

If I can do pushups, should I be able to bench my bodyweight?

Hey OP I started watching Vikings because of one of your threads about two weeks ago and I just want to say thank you. I'm really enjoying it.

r8 this routine?

If you can do pushups while all of your body is in the air (feet not touching ground) then, yeah.

Newbie to lifting here. Been doing it for about 3 months and bench stalled at 35kg, how do I improve? Trying to cut cause I'm a skinny fat too. Eating at maintenance excluding exercises. Doing PPL 6 times a week. Both presses are weak as fuck while my squats and diddly are 60+ and increasing.

Do 3 sets of 5.

Thanks, I kewn about this one, I do it with dumbells

I did like 3 3 2 1 2 earlier today at 37.5. Do I keep trying at 37.5 or drop to 35? Should I eat more or continue my current calorie intake?

most lifestyle adjustments take around 2-3 weeks to feel comfortable in my experience.
This goes for everything from major changes in your daily routine to diet.

Should I add lateral raises or dumbell presses to help my OHP in SS?

I've run SS and Madcow once already and only managed to get my OHP from 20kg - 45kg x 3 over 1.5 years. Gained around 10kg overall but started slowing down weight gain around the time I started Madcow.

Lateral raises. You already have a "pressing" movement

you need to be roiding

Like 140lbs

I'm most likely going to have to go on a waiting list for surgery for a hernia, or have to stop lifting until it gets big enough that surgery is required.
Obviously I can't lift until I'm recovered, but I wonder what the point of lifting from however much strength I would have lost since then.
I surely don't enjoy lifting as much as I used to and no one has commented on my very small gains (close to ottermode)
Should I just jack it in? I've been lifting 18 months now.

For real? Glad you like it brother! That made my day. You've got a hell of a lot to look forward to. I envy you. I'll keep up the good work with these threads.

what can i do to replace deadlifts in my routine? I've injured my arms and would like an alternative that still hits lower back and hamstrings.

Just do machines or what?

I've been running SS but progress has become grueling and my lifts are still novice. Also, I hate doing bench only once a week every other week. How can hitting chest once in seven days be enough?

Squat

Replace bench and squats. Do squats once a week and do bench every other day.

i find squats mostly hit the quads. Butt and hamstrings are a lot less affected and i want the opposite

i find squats mostly hit the quads. Butt and hamstrings are a lot less affected and i want the opposite

rack pulls + good mornings (not at the same time)

What's my best bet for looking good all summer? I've been lifting 5 months and started my cut now. Should I get to 10%bf and lean bulk all the rest of the summer or try to recomp?

When should I bite the bullet and upgrade my chucks to actual lifting shoes?

For the record, my Squat and Dead 1rm's are 3.5pl8 and 4.5 pl8 respectively, although I haven't tried for a deadlift 1rm in a couple months.

i can't do rack pulls for the same reason i can't do deads, but good mornings look good, thanks!

I don't know if the other user answered but how do I round my shoulders?

Lol smoke a cigarette and drink a cup of black coffee. Or just drink water you're prob just thirsty m8.

Is the 2 suns 5/3/1 program a meme?

What's a better intermediate program if so?

So, if i want to drink a protein shake when im not at home, do i just mix the powder and milk when im actually going to drink it or can i mix them before i leave for work in the morning

So I was looking at Pavel's exercise regimen that was recommended. I have done the 5x5 stronglifts in the sticky but the following was confusing to me.

Monday –heavy squat (SQ)
Tuesday –heavy benchpress (BP)
Wednesday –heavy deadlift (DL)
Thursday – light SQ
Friday –light BP
Saturday –off
Sunday –off

If training five days is not an option, four will do:

Monday –heavy SQ
Tuesday –heavy BP
Wednesday –heavy DL
Thursday –off
Friday – light SQ, light BP
Saturday –off
Sunday –off

Not ideal, but if you have to cram your training into three days:

Monday – heavy SQ
Tuesday –off
Wednesday –heavy BP, light SQ
Thursday – off
Friday – heavy DL, light BP
Saturday – off
Sunday – off

For the first two schedules, is it quite literally just that one exercise for that one single day? Nothing else outside of that?

I'm just so used to the idea of doing 3 main exercises, and ending with about 10 minutes of cardio.

No, I'm on it atm and seeing good progress over the past 4 weeks. The two compund lifts of each day will take a lot of time though, up to 20 mins each. Also be sure to add in lots of back work because the programmed lifts are very push centric.

Great for increasing your bench in particular.

Preaciate it, just did the first day of the 6 week variant yesterday, and it felt bretty gud

Am I going to be a skelly at 10% if I'm currently a DYEL?

pic

On week two of lifting. When I do dumbbell flies, I feel it more in my bicep than my chest. I'm doing my best not to bend my arms. Is it just shit form? I'm only using 20 lbs.

What are some good Bluetooth headphones to wear to the gym?
They should be closed, because at my gym they always play the same top 40 trash.

>tfw pectus excavatum
I've seen worse but I'm scared it might ruin my aesthetic when I get built. anyone else have this?

I am trying to gain muscles, i go to the gym 3 times a week and i eat a lot of healthy food,
Im currently 76 kg with 17% fat,

i am hungry constantly, literally constantly i can keep fucking stuffing my face with food.

After a while i start eating fucking piles of oreos or other fatty shit because i am so hungry even after dinner.

What do i do

A month ago, my hip flexor started hurting while I was doing ATG squats so I stopped squatting and rested it for a week. It continued to hurt so I started stretching it and rolling it out yet it still continues to hurt when I do ATG squats but not when I squat to parallel. Should I do squats to parallel or continue waiting for my hip flexor to heal to start doing ATG squats again? Also, any tips for getting rid of hip flexor pain would be nice.

Make more healthy food. Big batches of stew in a crock pot make it easy. Tons of chili and a leafy green will get you far.

by hip flexor you mean TFL?

Allright, and should i just eat every time i feel like eating?

I want to lose 2.5 kg of fat while gaining muscle weight

The pain is right here but on my left leg

I can only do one pull-up, are lat pulldowns good at training myself to do more?

I'm not the only one! I've been getting the same pain but in my right leg. Weirdly it seems to hurt more than I use less weight, though so typically it starts when I warm up.

I managed to lose about 30 lbs by eating more produce and cutting out soda, mayo, etc while doing SL 5x5, but you'll have the best luck counting calories. Use myfitnesspal. My last post assumed you wanted to get big, but as long as you drain the fat from the beef and add some beans to the chili it still applies. Veggies curb cravings. Eat bell peppers or carrots with a little hummus.

If you're only looking at 2.5 kgs, don't even bother counting. Eat healthy food when you're hungry and lift. You'll look good