Realistically can i just start with PPL instead of SS because fuck legs to be honest as my beginner routine?

Realistically can i just start with PPL instead of SS because fuck legs to be honest as my beginner routine?

whenever you want

Yes, I wish I would have

sure, if you want to be small forever

I don't get it

You want be able to gain strength on PPL. You need to be intermediate.

Just quit squats after you can do 140 kg 5x5 if you don't want ugly monster legs.

[citation needed]

Lol what? Why would someone not be able to gain strength on a PPL? It's not only higher volume, but for upper body lifts is higher frequency as well.

Doing PPL with bitch weight will get you nowhere. You need to do some kind of respectable linear progress beginner program (I like Greyskull LP more than SS because you don't have to squat and DL on the same day). Once you've run SS/SL/GSLP for a few months and you can actually move some weight around, PPL or other hypertrophy programs will work a lot better for you.

Think about it. Which is going to make your chest grow more: benching 95lbs 3x12 as a rank beginner, or benching 160lbs 3x12 once you've gotten a little stronger?

Also, if you don't care about your legs you might as well just not lift. Take up swimming or something.

I'm retarded, I do full body every other day and it works for me but im not a scientist and could possibly be getting better gains if i took longer breaks between hitting my muscles up

all im saying is, do whatever the fuck you want. Just make sure you get enough sleep, rest, good food and are conscious of whether or not your routine is working for you (are you getting stronger?) that's it. that's the whole thing.

don't give advice retard
why not just do an upper/upper split

>You need to do some kind of respectable linear progress beginner program
No he doesn't

All he has to do is take a weight for example, bench. Get 10 reps on 3 sets. if he can do it easily, just add weight. There, progress done. Without some fucking retarded starting strenght 50 squats a day

you should do some legs so that you dont look super weird nude. maybe just do squats once a week even.

Reddit linear ppl, gets you strength gains and a good looking body as long as you eat at a surplus ,I like to add drop sets to cable flies and curls . Don't listen to powerlifting fags that only suggest ss or sl

I am doing that and seeing massive noob gains. PPL is specifically designed so you can have progressive overload.
PPL is fun, gives you massive pump and hás massive volume. It focus your core/shoulder better than any brosplits. I did add some chest/back acessories though
Also i AM not doing Bent over row but i probably should.
Dont fall for The meme. Do PPL, ask question on reddit because they truly want to help

Can i do it on a cut?

I plan to start PPL and cut for like 2 months, or will i not see any noob gains?

Noon gains happen regardless of a cut or bulk ,that's why it happens but if your skinny fat I recommend a lean bulk. If your fat cut.

Anecdotal evidence incoming
>I got to intermediate after 8 months of ppl
>3x5 for big 3 lifts + OHP and 3x8-10 for accessories
Did I do it right?

Lmao this thread

T-rex detected

My ppl has compound lifts first at 3x5 although I keep working up till I hit about 8 then advance .

How wouldnt op still gain strength?

I started with sl which was good, As it was a real struggle to get motivation to go to begin with. So I can see how something like that may be beneficial to a beginner until they get comfortable in the gym and start getting motivated to go.

But as long as op keeps records on his lifts and keeps progressing every session I cant see how it would hurt besides probably burning him out and him loosing motivation and quitting

>and keeps progressing every session
How exactly are you supposed to add weight everytime, like after a year going by this you should be able to bench like a fucking ton

Dont even worry about a cut you have nothing to cut back to go lift and do the odd bit of cardio

Idk why the face pulls though and the lateral raise 3X20 SUPERSET twice with tríceps
Wtf

Even an Extra rep as long as there is progress. Obviously you will plateau at some stage but cross that bridge when you get to it.

sure ive been lifting for 5 years now and never done a "strength" routine.

progressive overload is the only thing that matters bro.

did i bench/squat/deadlift less than avg after 3 years?
>yes

did i BTFO every single m-muh functional strength trainer in my gym who had been lifting equal time?
>yes

its not like PPL means you cant do one strength training excercise like bench press for chest, squat for legs etc. but the main focus is to not end up looking like retarded t-rex.

>did i BTFO every single m-muh functional strength trainer in my gym who had been lifting equal time?

Meant to say I absolute destroyed them in size (not fat) and muscle _definition_ mainly.