How long is your workout? mine is about 2.5 hours but i think its too much but it might be because of the rest time

how long is your workout? mine is about 2.5 hours but i think its too much but it might be because of the rest time

How long do you rest?

It was 2 hours cause of long rests, I started counting my rests with my phone's timer now it's down to about 1 hr 30 mins

45min-1hr max. I don't rest for more than 30 sec

Maybe an hour, sometimes less, sometimes a little more. Train in BJJ 3-4 times a week and lift 4 days a week conjugate method.

1.5 hours if no one bothers me.

2hours if racks are used and i have to wait

2.5 hours if ppl bothering me

1 hour if im injured

if you rest 1-2minutes you can pump out more reps.

I like to exaust my muscles. Less rest gives me a bigger pump

what ever floats your boat i guess.

usually squats ohp drain most of my workout i rest like 2-5 minutes

Intensity day: about 1.5 hours (includes stretching)

Volume day: about 2 hrs (includes stretchint)

Also I don't have more than an hour a day to workout

50-70 mins on average it seems.

Depends, but usually around 1.5 hours.

45 minutes on shoulder days. 60-90 minutes for everything else.

3x10 on pause squats and deadlifts takes me 45 minutes plus time for cardio (which I can't do properly yet)

If it's biceps-triceps day I take like 30 mins because I can superset both and have virtually no rest time
On fridays it might be up to 2 hours if I notice a lack of volume for any muscle group in the week so I end up doing shoulders/lats/triceps/biceps in the same workout

1 hour, i don't like resting a lot, i feel like i'm not doing anything

same for me, arms day is the best day, huge pump, work done in 30~45min and its the most fun to workout (besides chest)

If you train longer than an hour. You are literally wasting time and gains. Its scientifically proved.

40-50 minutes

1.5 hour on push day
0.75 hour on pull day

To get stronger faster, the best rest period is 3 to 5 minutes between sets.

This is because much of the energy your body consumes during traditional strength training (heavy weight, 1 to 6 reps) comes from the Adenosine Triphosphate Phosphocreatine system. The ATP-PC system uses phosphagens to produce energy very quickly and without the use of oxygen. Your body has a very small phosphagen reserve, which lasts about 15 seconds. It takes your body about 3 minutes to fully replenish phosphagen stores (Fleck, 1983).

In other words, if you give your ATP-PC system at least 3 minutes to recharge, you'll lift more weight and get stronger faster.

To get bigger quicker, the best rest period is 1 to 2 minutes between sets.

Typical bodybuilding/hypertrophy training (moderate-heavy weight, 6-12 reps) draws energy from the ATP-PC and glycolytic system (the glycolytic system gets most of its energy from the carbs you eat). The aerobic metabolism plays a very small part as well.

Think of the ATP-PC system as a racehorse and the glycolytic system as a steady, dependable Clydesdale. Because your glycolytic system has come to the party, your body doesn't need to rest as long between sets as when you're strength training.

Bodybuilders take advantage of shorter rest periods to make their muscles BIGGER. How? Well, one of the key factors in how much muscles grow is the amount of anabolic hormones your body produces after weight training (McCall et al, 1999). Short rest periods of between 1 and 2 minutes cause a greater release of these hormones than longer rest periods (Kraemer et al, 1991; Kraemer et al, 1990).

Short rest periods also cause other muscle-building bonuses like increased lactate production and blood flow to the targeted muscles (Kraemer, 1997; Kraemer et al, 1987). Don't laugh about the blood flow bit. I know it sounds like old-school "pump" talk. But it's been shown that the increased blood flow to your muscles helps the protein get there quicker (Biolo et al, 1995).

Muscle fatigue, caused by lactate production, has also been implicated in short-term strength gains and significant hypertrophy (Rooney et al, 1994).

show me the proof

This. For lifting weights go heavy and go hard. Then go home. 2.5 Hrs is too long brajole.

wow nice cuts fag i bet you look dyel with a shirt on
i could lift and throw you

How the fuck does it take over 1,5 hours for someone to work out?
What kind of shit do you do at the gym?
Even if you did like 10 different lifts and had 5 minute break between each set, rest periods only make up for 50 minutes of your work out. Sets probably never take longer than 1 minute each so that's 60 minutes in total. Where does all the time go..?

Currently doing Texas method training

Volume days, including the 4 sets of pull ups and 3 sets of curls I have added, takes up to 1 hour 45 minutes

Light days take 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending if I do accessories

Heavy days take 1 hour 15 minutes

I'm about to move onto an upper/lower split. Hopefully that will cut each session down to 45 minutes, giving me enough energy to focus on each lift while also leaving time for cardio at the end of each workout.

kek you little twink shits know nothing

Please enlighten me if you know something I don't.

i really dont know why it takes me 2 hours i squat for like 30-40 minutes then ohp or bench take like 30-40 minutes

the picture he posted was of Boris sheiko, a best of the world tier coach whose template routines, 1 workout will take you 3 hours easily.

>arm day

This is the European style of training, many many sets.

Here is this week for me. Including stuff like foam roll, dynamic stretching, warm up etc. it can easily take 2-3 hours, and that's with 90 second rest for sets

is NE good?

That might work for people on gear but for everyone else that's WAY too much volume.

Say that to my face and not online you jävla skitstövel and see what comes about

Sheiko programs are fine as long as your work capacity is well-trained (i.e. most advanced lifters).

>what is Bulgarian training

Game Grumps will never be the same without Jon, Arin. Let it go

Stupid swecuck

45-60 minutes

PPL master race

One hour at worst, one and a half hour at best

Wow, Veeky Forums actually basing it's stuff in science? That's... a miracle.
Thanks for that.

It's just one guy you will probably never see this shit again

Käk

Some days it's 20 - 25 minutes.
Not much rest,,,, just moving from station to station... especially on upper back days.

>I am employed.

One hour max.

Two body parts that I work out
I never max out on any lift, because strength is not my goal, aesthetics is. This keeps my rest at a minimal 30 seconds. I tend to stick to three workouts for each body part so that totals six total workouts with multiple sets.

About 1:30 but I take slightly longer rests and sometimes do cardio which will stretch it into 2:00+

30-45 minutes. When I was a dyel noob years ago it was 1-2 hrs

tjäna