Dips are a better exercise than bench press. It provides a far better stretch on the chest and works the triceps more...

Dips are a better exercise than bench press. It provides a far better stretch on the chest and works the triceps more. More muscle and strength gains. Replace your bench pressing with body weight dips, seated dips, and weighted dips.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wou-hbOIQBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I do both

Why not do both? Bench is really great for building a solid back as well, and developing good core strength. Really, they're both great upper body exercises.

Tricep dips are great for triceps.
Chest dips are actually terrible
youtube.com/watch?v=Wou-hbOIQBI

i just started doing dips, but I don't have a proper set up, so i'm just stacking boxes next to eachother and laying my palms flat.

it hurts and I can only do a couple.

Yup, both. I do them on separate days too so I do a great chest/tri compound every other day. OP confirmed for never making it.

>Dips are a better exercise than bench press
No shit, brah.

>tfw can't do dips anymore because of costochondritis

Let me guess, you didnt begin with a sensible progression and started doing full bodyweight dips since day 1.

Very intelligent of you, bro.

>weighted dips

Triceps dips also substantially work your chest. If they become easy, start doing them WEIGHTED.

No actual need to watch that video if you know how your body works.

No, I got in a car accident.

Also is there really anyone who can't do bodyweight dips from the first day? Dips without extra weight are really fucking easy.

then you are doing some shitty half dips

whatever strokes your ego, pal

they are better for creating the round boob/lower pec female chest appearances

they are not a valid press alternative but can be used effectively together

>weighted dips

faggot retard

This is getting saved. Thanks user

my push day:
bb bench
incline db bench
dips
pec deck or cable crossover
triceps pushdowns

pretty satisfied with it

Do them on your fists then

its a shoop

>good core strength

I don't even know how to use my core in bench

When I was 18 or so I couldn't do dips regularly, because my sternum would accumulate the damage and hurt like motherfucker.

At 21 or so I started doing them again, it hurt a bit, but I pushed through it, against my better judgement.

Now, at almost 23 I don't feel any pain in this area anymore and I do weighted dips with more than 40kg (90+lbs)

A fat dyel motherfucker like me sure as fuck can't

I just started doing dips and I can't go past parallel because it just feels too tough and my shoulders hurt

Don't dip beyond 90 degrees my dude. Fucks you up

then don't christ your own body is telling you not to do that, dips aren't meant to be taken that far, shoulder impingement and all that stuff

60 degree dips are optimal desu

Going past parallel is a one way ticket to fucked up shoulderville

Thanks, doc.

do you have dumbells with flat sides? (hexagon/octagon) grab two 10lbs and use those as braces on the boxes.

that may be true, but the message behind it is 100% true