Beginner here

Beginner here.

I'm unsure which routine to start with. I've looked into SS and SL a bit and I don't really like them that much. I've seen a linear PPL program ("for beginners") from reddit, but I'm not sure if I could handle only 1 rest day a week. Are there any recommendations other than SS/SL for a beginner like me?

I don't know what the standards are for a office job ex fatty who never ever lifted.I haven't really tested my 1RMs for anything yet, but heres what I know I can do:

4x12 55kg/121lbs bench
1x5 50kg/110lbs OHP
3x5 50kg/110lbs pendlay rows

I did some DL and high bar squats (ATG) and cleans, but with only 50kg, and all those really weren't any difficult at all for 10+ reps

Im 6'1, ~90kg/~200lbs (after losing about 80lbs in the past year) with web calculators saying something like 22 bf% (Not sure if thats correct tbqh, don't have a bf caliper). Also I've read that if you are a fatty beginner, you should first cut to about 15% and then start a clean bulk instead of staying at about the same weight, is that correct?

I read the sticky already, but that was a while ago and can't remember anything that would answer my questions properly.

Sticky, and pick a routine and stick with it, you're only asking these stupid fucking questions so you can put off starting.

Read the fucking Sticky, and pick a routine and stick with it, you're only asking these stupid fucking questions so you can put off starting.

I don't ask them put off starting, I already started doing exercises, but without a routine.. I will stick with a routine once I pick one, but first I wanted to see what people that know more than me think is good for beginners

Please read the sticky. Just pick a routine and stick with it, I suspect that you're only asking these questions so that you can put off starting.

this desu senpai

Just pick one. You'll find there really isn't much difference between the various "beginner" programs. They all contain the main complex barbell movements (squat, bench, OHP, deadlift) and not much else. This is to make the best use of your limited beginner endurance, i.e. using the most muscle with the fewest number of exercises.

Thanks, so basically it barely matters which beginner routine I pick? What about the days, is 6x/w too much?

Do SL for 2-3 months and then switch to PPL

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

Would it be bad to do PPL if you're a skeletor?

>2-3 months

Uh if he's completely untrained he should probably do SL for 6-12 months before switching.

The routine should tell you how many days. SS is 3 days a week for example: AxBxAxxBxAxBxx, where A and B are different combos of exercises and xs are rest days, so it rotates over 2 weeks

Candito's linear routine is excellent for beginners

Yeah I know that already, like I said, I already looked at SS and SL, afaik they are both 3x/w while most PPLs are 6x/w. Thing is, I've read that that is too much for most people who aren't on gear; I don't have enough experience to say if thats true or not, so I'm asking about it here

SS is a meme

Because it works

Why don't people do

AxBxAxBxAxBxAxB

Why do you need 2 rest days?

?

I can't learn how to do powerclean

I started with 40 kg weight, and stayed the same for over a month, so I guess my form is fucked

is it fine to stop doing them? What can I do to replace them?

Gonna have a look at it, thanks

if you wanna be a quitter un-athletic faggot yeah, it wont really hamper your muscle or strength gains, it just a good way to practice communicating them and gaining kinesthetic awareness.

Just easier if you can only go certain days, you are trying to hit a pr each day on SS so plenty of rest is key to fully take advantage of your linear progression. Then once you have some actual mass to you, you can start training to body build or keep up with strength training. But many acclaimed strength programs are 3-4 days a week and work spectacularly.

Holy shit you're coming across as such an annoying fucking faggot. Just pick one. Pick the hardest one. If you find it's too much then do a different one until you find one you like and stick with it. Please stop being so fucking irritating. They're all the fucking same

>6-12 months
For real, fuck the gains at that point, put some variety in or you'll get bored to death.