Edema

Anyone know how to get rid of putting edema? I take blood pressure meds that are supposed to help with this, I cut my sodium intake down into almost nothing, I drink a lot of water... As you can see it's still pretty bad.

What do?

Looks like you're just fat
I dunno

Mirin those congestive heart failure gains

perhaps stop wearing socks that are as tight as a tourniquet all day every day?

I have the same problem being on birth control. Some day it's fine, some days I can't get my shoes on, some days I look incredibly puffy like I put on 30lbs, but it will all disappear overnight/over a couple days then I suddenly swell up again. I have stretch marks. I also bloat ridiculously too.

This is it, OP. Stop taking birth control.

See your doctor, wear diabetic/compression socks

Closely monitor your fluid input and output so your provider has more information

Actually that's from my compression socks that got rolled down a bit when I got home, I don't wear crazy tight socks just regularly.

Not on birth control, wish it was that simple.

Ah god I really don't want this to be the case. My doctor wants me to get tested for heart issues.

I am fat yea, will losing weight help (if it's not heart issues)? I'm on day three of my diet and exercise so it's a little early to look for results.

it just looks like you're morbidly obese

Sorry didn't see this. I wear compression socks but they don't really seem to do much. I'm hoping exercise will improve the condition. Unless I have heart failure and in that case I will pass out on the elliptical.

Fat, wouldn't say I'm obese yet though. Bad depression had me giving up on myself so I ballooned weight, my body is ugly on the outside but the least I can do is get it healthy on the inside. Or something.

That's not supposed to happen when you wear socks for a long time?

Nope, not at all.

Elevate your feet periodically throughout the day and don't wait to get your heart tested

Also keep an eye on your electrolytes (get regular blood tests) if you're sweating and taking a potassium wasting diuretic. See your doctor quickly if you're getting tremors/twitches/arrhythmias

I get heart palpitations quite a bit, and my resting heart rate is pretty high (90s to 100s usually).
I'm only 24, I've had a shitty life sure but I don't want to peter out now.

Dont listen to the trolls lol

what is your height/weight? obesity isnt a matter of opinion its just numbers

If that's the case then don't push yourself hard when exercising (read: walk, don't run). Stop immediately if you have chest pain/tightness/discomfort or feel lightheaded/weak
Better yet, talk to your doc about safe exercise and goals

Isn't this normal when you wear socks?

Do cardio loser
Also don't cut sodium you moron
I had the same issue and now it's gone
>lost 30kg

Lose the weight, bro.

>will losing weight help

Being less fat will always be the answer when it comes to health problems.

6' - 270lbs
On a 1500 calorie diet right now. Doing my best not to just starve myself.

Thanks for the advice. Alternatively, if I die I die lmao oh well. One less fatty, right?

My doctor keeps telling me that sodium is causing my issues though.

Working on it!

True.

Reduce your salt intake.
It's basically water in your legs and salt keeps it there. Just use google for more information

Nah bro, talk to your doc and do it right. We're all gonna make it user

You have 50lbs to lose till you're not obese. Not trying to be harsh but you seriously need a wake up call. That diet is good but you should just give up carbs, I'm 6'3 200lbs (still cutting, but technically normal BMI) now but I used to be almost 300. I did it by doing keto and there was absolutely 0 exercise involved, keto suppresses your appetite a lot.

Dang. Well, better now than never. I'll have to look up keto when I get home.