Veeky Forums I've always wondered how this lifestyle works as a literal lifestyle. As in, tracking macros...

Veeky Forums I've always wondered how this lifestyle works as a literal lifestyle. As in, tracking macros, getting enough protein per day, getting protein in aside from workouts, actually being able to workout, having the correct foods available at any given time, etc. It just requires such an autistic level of tracking it's insane to everyone else you become socially intimate with, and, admit it, it's even insane to yourself.

Fitness is a lifestyle; dieting and tracking and planning is forced. Is there a lifestyle that just means I will stay lean? Like paleo or some shit like that?

This is coming from a guy nearly 3 years into fitness and macros and lifting and fucking chicken rice brocolli bullshit and I don't see this as sustainable. This kind of eating is only destined to fail when you inevitably, through your own fault or other peoples', fall off the bandwagon.

just pretend you're building an rpg character where you really don't wanna fuck up the stats

Holy shit the autism on that post.

Just eat healthy food + protein and lift.

Paleo is fucking retarded and you're retarded if you even consider it.
Autistic calorie counting is only indispensable if you want a constant low bf percentage (which usually means a nice six pack). If you don't care much for that then just make sure you get "more calories than usual" when bulking and "less calories than usual" when cutting. No need to get all autistic about it, especially after you've already grown to a respectable size.

ur just mad that ur mum is a raid boss and me and my guild (coworkers) fucked her

>grew up making strength pures
>what's one more

amirite?

eating healthy and tracking macros are LITERALLY the easiest shit in the world as long as you don't have a learning disability. You don't need a fucking excel you can just by looking really easily tell how much and what you are eating after certain amount of time. After that it's just routine, literally makes no difference if I live a fit lifestyle or not. In fact I don't think I could even go back if I tried, I buy food that's good for me and in correct amounts, I don't fucking actively track anything it's just what I do

If you don't have the self control to monitor your dietary intake, you're pathetic. If you're so desperate to spend time with people you'd do physical damage to your very being in exchange for that time spent, you're pathetic. If the people you spend your time with won't respect you trying to properly fuel and improve your very being, they're pathetic.

If you're three years into this, and you feel this way, give up.

>when you accidentally level up your def

I wanted to start a new character anyways

Fuck you all I'm doing paleo

Bulking and cutting stays hard, but no one bulks or cuts as a lifestyle. Once you hit your goal weight, maintenance gets easier and easier once you get a feel for how much of things you should at and where to get it.

i mained a paleo pure for a while but his max reps were shit

I don't do half that shit. Just pay a slight attention to what you put into your body and you can do generally well.

>when shopping fill up cart with healthy ingredients only - 10-15 minutes/week
>use an app to track my lifts, lift a little more each time, research techniques/workouts - 30 minutes/week
>breakfast is usually eggs+bacon/dairy+sandwich - 15 minutes
>cook all the lunches to take to work on sunday - about 2 hours with cleaning
>cook and eat oatmeal before workout - 15 minutes
>eat some leftovers/pb sandwiches/quick grilled meal after workout - 10 minutes
>protein shake before bed - 10 minutes

4 hours a week is not that bad

I just do about a month of tracking to get my eye in and then visually estimate for a few months keeping an eye on scale and mirror. Once things feel a bit loose track again for a month. Means I track about 3-4 monthrs of the year and just estimate the rest, keep around 15-20%bf so I feel alright, look alright but don't need to completely effect my life. If I eat out I make good choices rather than lose control and order absolute shit. If you can't control yourself around mates either you're weak and being healthy isn't a priority or your mates have a very different life goal than you.

>gym 3-4 times a week for one hour
>progress on your weights
>make sure you get at least 4 nutritious meals a day
>drink a protein shake with creatine every day
>If you aren't lean, eat less food
>If you are too skinny, eat more food.

That's all there is to it.

Then dont worry about it

After you do a month of tracking what you normally eat you get a pretty good idea of how much your eating daily, so what if you're not perfect in it?

If you get a bit more fat than you like, do some cardio. If your biceps dont look as big as you want, do some more curls. If your squat is failing, then focus on that.

You will make progress and thats all that matters. But if you cant deal with tracking everything all the time then you're going to burn out and give up entirely, make sacrifices where you are comfortable making sacrifices.

Yeah seriously how fucking hard is this. The key is HABIT not motivation or determination.

Have one cheat day where you eat a couple bad things and get on with your life.

based broccoli the goat veg

>browse Veeky Forums - 15 hours/week
forgot one

This. Counting calories for a short period (

>chooses to complicate his normal everyday diet to the level of a bodybuilder on a strict cut.
>complains that his diet is too complicated when he inevitably fails.
Okay...

>I buy food that's good for me and in correct amounts, I don't fucking actively track anything

Pretty much this Tbh.

I love you guys

>tracking macros, getting enough protein per day, getting protein in aside from workouts, actually being able to workout, having the correct foods available at any given time, etc
Literally none of that takes any effort beyond a moment's thought if you already know what's in your food. You should always know what's in your food unless you're going out or something, and if you're going out then who gives a fuck about tracking your calories let alone your macros. The consistency you're getting from every other day being healthy balances it out, unless you go out practically every night.

>It just requires such an autistic level of tracking it's insane to
everyone else you become socially intimate with
>adding up maybe a dozen different numbers together every day is autistic savant level now
Holy shit kill yourself.