Are there any reliable trading bots at all?

are there any reliable trading bots at all?

or do i have to code one

>or do i have to code one
implying you can code

you have to code one. if someone ever publishes a profitable strategy i will eat my dick on live tv
implying that writing programs is hard

code yer own pleb

just code your own. my bot gets me about 2% on average every day. no, i'm not sharing it.

you guys have experience?

im thinking the machine learning route (prob w tensorflow) but ive seen crazy good mean revision ones (results could be faked)

What language would be the best? JavaScript?

i'm not even a good programmer. i literally learned to code 1 year ago and I only know JS. yet I still make money off my shitty bot that I wrote. I literally just run this node service on a VPS and it makes me money (albeit small amounts)

python probs

I tried this route at first, but the crypto markets aren't terribly predictable. Running a reactionary trading bot works pretty consistently, but I've found it hard to get it to hold during pumps and not baghold on dumps.; Still, it can make 10+ 1-2% trades a day on some markets.

Why not just have it run on ethereum? Stable as fuck.

whats your average % gain per day if you use the full portfolio to invest?

sorry just trying to learn and dont know realistic goals to set

2% is pretty good

put it this way:

if you had a trading bot that worked. would you give it away? would you even sell it?

theres no automation on ethereum (yet), so you would need to continually call your contract to get it to place/cancel orders, which would cost you gas each time.

not until we have a unified second layer for these kinds of transaction does it make much sense to use full blown algo trading on ethereum.

ofc not nothing makes more money than money.

Write it in Python.

You'll learn a lot about how markets SHOULD obey rules and how they actually don't.

If you can't come up with a viable strategy on paper, it's not worth trying to make your own bot.

Why not? It makes sense to sell it if you're not a whale. Just sell a limited number of licenses, so that the strategy can be fully utilized, you make money without risk and your clients book cute profits. Everyone makes money until someone manages to copy or crack your bot. Which is going to happen even if you don't sell it, because someone else is bound to come up with the same strategy.

Just run the bot on gdax. No fees.

>invest 100 dollars
>consistent 2% roi yields 135k in a year.
>bretty good

Yeah but what algorithm? Im training a custom neural network and in some market conditions it absolutely dominates so I would strongly disgree that the market is unpredictable. That isnt the problem. The problem is that there are fat tail probability distrubutions which can cause huge swings in price in ways which are unpredictable by statistical models. Then the market takes a dump for a day straight and the model thinks its imposible for it to keep going down. This is where you apply other algos like sentiment analysis