Just finished The Sound of Waves.
>that ending
[spoiler]Hatsue thought it was her picture that protected him.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
>implying
>"At this moment Kenji eyebrows rose."
>"He knew it was his strength alone that protected him"[/spoiler]

Wew lad.

normal people have read the majority of the literary classics before they are 18

that's more like it

you'd read war and peace by age 18 then?

pretentious 18 year olds, yeah

The Art of War was stupid, don't recommend.
Meditations was amazing for my depression, do recommend.

*blocks your path*

>no stirner

shit list desu

Is this a meme? I've never met anyone who has actually read it.

Veeky Forums's equivalent to ITAOTS or /tv/'s Drive

I read it.

I liked it. I thought it was really funny at some points. Some parts stayed with me. Some parts I got really, really fucking sick of the way DFW writes.

It's not a must read, or anything. It's also definitely not for everyone. I don't know a single person I'd recommend it to.

I've read only fifteen out of those 100 books.

i tried reading it and it was just too much

mark ames hates the author too, so i just axiomatically accept that the book sucks

That's a lot of Kafka desu, hope you like existentialism

No, Meditations by Marcus Aurelius is the Veeky Forums book, not whatever the fuck that book is.

Rollin

you've apparently never attended a college in the united states

i came to bitch at you for not having dostoyevsky or nietzsche, but this list is really good. i'd add michel foucalt as well, but i'm partial to his writings. maybe some georges batailles as well for the fucks of it.

I actually attended a very highly ranked college in the US, and I don't know anyone who read it. I guess I hadn't heard of it until after I left college though, so I never asked around.

roll

I\How is Don Quixote supposed to help me navigate complex social relationships?

I read it in the summer before i went to college because i didn't have anything else to do. it seriously drags in some places and it's annoying to always flip back and forth to read the footnotes, but for the most part it was quite good.

I've read 0 so you've got me beat.

>currently attending college in the United States and have never even heard of this book until this thread

Yeah I'm with this guy. I've never even seen this book before and I'm at one of the largest colleges in the country.

roll

Only book you could ever need.

No antifragile?