>finally got out of minimum wage service work and into a salaried office job
>got back in shape over the past 9 months
>confidence started soaring from out of nowhere like 6 months ago
>started meeting a dozen different people every week
>full social calendar
>two different dates lined up for this weekend
>going to take my first paid vacation i've ever had in a couple of weeks
>to go and see an ex from college that's thirsty again

I used to be the chubby loser with unkempt hair that sat around all day smoking pot and drinking beer. I still have no idea when everything started going so right, but it did.

Nice blog post, my favorite part was where you talked about fitness

Awesome man

did you not do bachelor's already? if so wtf not applying to grad school?

Larry?

>le college is useful meme
>le i need to receive an education meme

have fun wasting money I guess

Not Fitness

Too expensive and my salaried job/pay goes to hobbies and possible property for the future

>this fucking crab mentality

You'd fit in on tumblr.

I bit the bullet and got my STEM degree. College/University in the US is a complete fucking scam tho

If you're going to "get an education" then just teach yourself and save the money. If you don't absolutely need that piece of paper at the end of it then don't go.

OP here

So I'm a network engineer in cybersecurity
Went to community college from 2010-2015 and didn't even get my degree :( however, due to my knowledge and this Infosec/cyber company requirements they needed bodies to fill seats since they were a growing company at the time
I was hired on, and started at the bottom of the SOC dept, I was a lowly analyst and didn't get a degree however I do have certs and strongly believe in getting them. Currently went from analyst to engineer, to senior engineer, to articte with no degree.

>Sad but true, I can get my Cisco network design degree and maybe try out for my CCNP but I am lazy and unmotivate to start school again
>I am one math class away from getting an AS in Cisco Network Design and I have not met that requirement since I don't take math classes

>network engineer in cybersecurity
>doesn't have a CCNP

wat

Where do you live?

If you're Veeky Forums and decently attractive you will slay so many 18/yo with daddy issues.

I'm a security network engineer, I don't need the CCNP since I am not working on Cisco layer3+ equipment, only thing we do with the Ciscos is managed switched/layer2 devices

It might benefit me to be honest, I have a whole lab at home

My certs started with the CCNA/Net+ and moved up to the security certs and I was hired on two weeks after getting my cert in CCNA Security

I-I also have a hipster beard

Again, where do you live? I have a CS degree with a CCNA but I never really tried to get my foot in the door in the US. I live in China teaching English now.

How easy is it and what was the pay like for you? I live like a king here and don't want to move back just to live paycheck to paycheck for 5 years before making decent money.

>Denver Colorado
>CS degree with a CCNA but I never really tried to get my foot in the door in the US

I'm seeing a lot of engineers out there with this type of background and most only with a certification. Some engineers/analysts only have a cert and they are shit as engineers/designers

The worst thing I have seen is the guys in their 30s with a BA degree and they don't know shit about troubleshooting and always need help with something

>I don't even have my degree but I'm certified like a motherfucker

CCNA R/Security, NSE4/FCNSA, AS Network design, Net/A + NSE1-4

>How easy is it and what was the pay like for you?
The job is simple for me at this point, and something I am looking at moving on with. Current salary is 60k with bonuses and after tax only make about 45k

The job is excellent and the projects I work on with multi-billion companies is awesome. I've worked/make sure the internet runs, works, is available and secure for many, many clients

I am a dedicated network security engineer, -Dedicated means you are the primary/lead engineer for numerous clients. I get to work on some awesome stuff. but the IT world can be hell at times

>45k

Which isn't that much anymore if you live in the US unfortunately. Thanks for answering.