QTDDTOT

Ragnar to Ivar
"No you are not normal. When you realise that, THAT is when greatness will happen".

>Motivation edn.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does it really matter if I choose to eat dark meat over white meat in my diet? Health wise

Simple but true, I like it.

So i'm a recovering fat fuck. I eat at a calories defect but I also started doing a basic upper body workout with dumbbells. When I started I had to start with 15lbs weights. I was able to move up to the same routine to 35lbs weights but I've hit a wall. It doesn't seem I can build any more strength, is this just from eating at a defect and the strength I built was just "noob" gains or whatever?

Yeah you're right. Typically it's not expected to gain strength on a cut as the cut goes on. So don't worry. Maintain your lifts but keep trying to progress in other ways. Add sets, add reps up to a max of 5 sets and 12 reps. If you can do 5x12 that exercise try to bump up the weight etc.

I'm doing a PPL. Which is better. Dumbbell one arm rows or your standard bent over rows?

possibly its because of the cut but also if your entire routine is based around one weight its progression is probably retarded

What this user said. Got access to a gym?

Anyone?

What's the max weight someone can go up to on dumbbell Romanian deadlifts without it being dangerous?

What exercises are best for gluteus?

Squats, deadlifts, a certain type of lunge I can't remember which, the adductor machine in the gym.

Bump

Kroc rows. But I like to do Kroc rows as well as barbell rows or T-bar rows after krocs. See what works for you buddy. If you don't see enough gains in a month from one (if you want to do one of those specifically), just switch it up.
Hip thrusts and lunges.
Why use dumbells for Romanian Diddlys? And I'm pretty sure your gym doesn't have high enough dumbell weight to reach that max.

Are weighted vests worth it?

No. Your body won't put on as much fat in a day as weighted vests weigh so it's very unnatural and puts your overall body under a lot of unnecessary stress. It's not needed. If you want to try it, give it a shot, but I wouldn't say it's worth it overall.

What's a good exercise routine for a weak skelleton womanlet? I'm trying to help a friend who gets tired too easily and has no muscle at all, but I'm not sure she has enough strength for lifting seriously

Home gym. But I plan to invest in a barbell too eventually. Thanks.

Any opinions on this Hart?

How long and how do I go about reaching otter mode from my current state?

Be ruthless in the gym young user. Don't tip the receptionist on your next trip to the gym

Could I take cycle of some moderately strong steroid to get a head start on a 'natty' physique and then just bulk and cut to maintain from there?

Yeah and then that retard kills his brother, completely destroying and kind of development the character has gone through and proving that he is simply retarded and insane.

The show really is a true shit show.

You can already forecast what will happen to his sons: Due to no actual legal right for land, they will be raided and killed once again. Great, fuckbert rekt them again.

I wouldn't say he had much character development. Nearly every scene of his was just him bickering with Ivar. However. I agree that he shouldn't have been killed off. The show killed his potential. As for the rest of what you said it doesn't matter. The show is still entertaining, I just don't take it as true history obviously. I look forward to seeing how the Vikings overcome Egberts treachery.

Does keeping carbs relatively low (

If you mean "health wise" as in making gains, aside from slightly different macros, no. If you mean by eating beef increasing your risk of cancer or salmon having a lot of mercury, maybe. Tbh I don't know much aside from effects on the body from protein aside from the good clean meats like fish, turkey and chicken because beef it too expensive to buy in my country and in my country on the north eastern europe, we eat a shitton of pork. So, I can't help you much if it's the latter you're asking. :(
If you mean you're DYEL and you want to take steroids right off the bat, I advise against it. The thing is, your muscle will grow but your ligements take way more time to get stronger so you'll most likely snap your shit up, plus you don't want to ruin your life just for ez gains. Go to /fraud/ and ask for second opinion, but I'm pretty sure they'll tell you the same only with a harsher tone.
Carbs retain water weight, so you probably dropped that slightly. It was probably that. You didn't get leaner as far as fat is concerned unless it changed your caloric intake.

I'm currently in class so I might take a while to get to all of you, but I will eventually answer.

WHY DO WE FIGHT EACH OTHER, FOR THIS PIECE OR THAT PIECE OF LAND!

I reached 1.5pl8 on Bench Press.
This weight is still totally manageable for me. The problem is I can't unrack the bar for the hell of it.

How do I fix this?

If I try to strain myself to unrack the bar all my form setup goes to shit and I feel more tired than after having already completed the full set of 5.
I must be missing something because I don't seen anybody else having such a problem.

Ask for a spot, easy as that. Some people have that problem more than others so that's the most efficient way.

If I do some strength routine like 5x5, is it ok to add few more exercise at the end with 10-12 reps?

>it doesn't matter

Well it does because it's just too annoyingly stupid. It doesn't make any sense at all.
No one would invade a country and then feel save in it because a king gave them "legal rights" to stay there. Even if he still had been king at the point, no one would believe that a king with a knife to his throat could grant any legal rights.
It's just completely illogical and nonsensical.

They won't overcome it, the armies they leave there will once again be killed and overrun, they probably won't come back and do something else instead.

And that weird "friendship" between Ragnar and Egbert - what the fuck was that supposed to be? How the fuck did they suddendly became "friends"? They were litterally worse enemies, Egbert had his people slaughtered, Ragnar invaded his country, etc.
Just because they share the idea of expanding their peoples country they aren't deep friends.

It was so weird and completely random, wasn't it?

nice digits, but

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm having trouble trying to figure out how many calories I should intake to lose weight.

I weigh 229lbs, I'm 5'10 and have been on 1600 calories a day. Currently doing SL and light cardio. Not losing much weight tho. Where am I fucking up?

There's no reason unracking the bar should be hard unless it's set too high up. In that case just lower it

How long have you been on this 1600 cal diet?
Have you written down what you eat and can you post 1 full eat day for me?

I've been on it for about a month now. I lost about 4 pounds and I've been keeping track of my food on paper and I don't have my notebook with me at the moment. But recently I've stayed at 229. Are my calories just too low?

Also I'm a guy if that changes anything

It's set between #12 and #14 in a squat rack.
If I set the uprights at #12 my elbows are too bent when I reach out to touch the bar.

rack looks like this.

The problem I have with Bench Press is instead my lower back (right side, not middle) hurts like a bitch every time while I press, when I'm arched.
Obviously my butt is on the bench so it's not that I'm lifting my hips.

What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, being a guy changes a lot. If you work out at the gym, do light cardio and eat 1600 calories a day you would lose 3 pounds per week and your body is not in fasting mode because in the first few weeks your weight would have dropped like a stone in a lake. You're most likely cheating on your diet or badly counting calories.

Want big arms and shoulders. What exercises should I do?

The problem is your lower back is elevated straight up instead of having a nice arch throguhout your back to your shoulderblades. You're putting strain on your lower back because your arch is wrong. Look up some guides how to fix your form.

most of videos I see on BP, the lifter always has this exaggerated arch where he pushes his butt all the way up the bench and the body looks like a horseshoe!

Started seeing a chiro to fix my posture and he recommended against benching due to my pecs being very stiff.

I'm only benching 30kg cause my progress is fucked and now that I'm not allowed to bench it makes me sadder. What do? Should I just do hypertrophy and stop going for strength for the time being?

Absolutely miss counting or incorrectly weighing your food. Use a app to help and count everything. Don't forget sauces cooking oils, hidden butter easy things to miss. Also watch drink calories

Kek!

That's okay no worries mate. Thanks for responding though, I'll do some reading

I'm curious. Do you intend to keep watching? When it returns.

Stretch your pecs.

You should be stretching your rotator cuff by doing dislocations, strengthing shoulder stabilisers using pre-hab movements like kettlebell shoulder presses, stretching your pecs using a stretch station, a wall, or by laying on a bench and doing a fly but letting the dumbells stretch out your pecs.

Fox my routine please, i have about a half hour three days a week to go to the gym:
AxBxA
BxAxB
Bike 6 miles 5 days a week
Jog/walk 3 days a week, 2x3 miles, 1x6 miles

A days
Bench press:
1x12
1x8
1x5
Chin ups:
2x8
Back squat:
1x12
1x8
1x5
Deadlift:
1x12
1x8
1x5

B days:
Overhead press:
1x12
1x8
1x5
Curls:
1x12
1x8
1x5
Back squat:
1x12
1x8
1x5
Deadlift:
1x12
1x8
1x5
Hanging leg raise
As time permits.

I'm a hamplanet; 257lbs at 5' 10" (on a good day) and my goal is to burn fat. Will this routine help? I've already done SS and greyskull.

I have bad fucking alcohol cravings right now. Pls motivate me to not drink Veeky Forums

There is this male PT manlet who trains 2 girls at my gym but they are pissing me off because they use squat rack to do pullups and then 50mins of cardio. I'm 6"5' 265lbs should I rape their PT to assert dominance?

Any quick way to strengthen one leg? I've recently realized my right leg is way weaker than my left, probably because I favor my left during squats.

Should I buy the book or just print out the PDF of Starting Strength?

Hardcover is ~20$ while the PDF printout is 4$

I've made great progress so far 60 pounds down, ive cut cokes snack cakes and started to limit myself but im stalling, does anyone know any diet plans that arent memes?

I had a catch up with a mate I haven't seen in a while 2 nights ago. We got drunk, I missed work and am only just starting to feel better now. Still pretty tired.
Don't do it, it's not worth feeling shit

I dont get it, is milk good or bad?

I think my glutes are weak and is what holds back my squat. I squat 280 and deadlift 405 so i think my hamstrings are pretty strong. What can i do to strengthen my glutes to get faster progress than just squatzing? I already squatz 2ce per week.

Is there any point in doing planks if I do weighted push-ups?

Thanks my man

Complete retard about cooking and eating overall.
If I cook 1/2 cup of oats, then it will expand at the end right with the water? So in the end the serving won't be of 1/2 cup since the oats expanded? I'm just too dumb for this calorie counting shit.

Anyone else only browse this thread on Veeky Forums? It seems like it has more fitness discussion than the rest of the board combined

The nutritional info on the packaging usually says whether it applies to raw or cooked

I'll look in those. He also said he'll introduce me some stretches to help with my imbalance.

What can I do to better my squats from the bottom position and going past parallel on the way up?

I have this problem due to severe muscular imbalances from years of only doing parallel smith squats. That plus long femurs cause me imense trouble moving past a 90kg squat.

Currently only doing SS to get my strength levels back up after injury. Should I just be patient and slow with the squat till the imbalances will balance themselves out or should I add something to the routine? Some additional hamstring work maybe?
Plateauing at such a small weight feels just fucking terrible though.

For fat loss, which matters and factors more?

Daily calorie intake or weekly?

Weekly

The other threads are more for humour I find. This is where you come to get the proper knowledge. Here and the stick. ESPECIALLY if it's a Viking QTDDTOT

I asked because saturday night is family night and there are always a few desserts, so I figured that since I can always control my diet everyday except saturday, I assumed it would fuck up with my cut

I'm around 15% bf and don't see defined abs even when I stretch out my stomach. Will they be defined when I get to 10-12% or did I just not do enough ab work?

a calorie deficit

Is it OK to practice squat form with a empty bar on rest days of ss. I don't feel like the empty bar would cause to much muscle distress. My form really needs work

I take four big craps a day. I feel like if I put all these caps on a plate, it would pile twice as high as all the food I eat in a day.

How the fuck am I supposed to gain weight like this.

It makes my food stuffing efforts feel completely in vain.

Is there any way to measure relative strength? Like how much I "should" be able to lift at my height and weight?

More than you can today. Go get 'em, kid

Get one and go on the elliptical for an hour. Thats how you get ex-fatty calves.
Squatting on my dick x10
Just make sure you impregnate the two girl afterwards and feed your sons whey protein in their milk.
Dont drink a gallon of it everyday.
Try front squats. The weight load difference might help you.
Yes doing light days can help pump blood to the legs and speed up recovery.
peanut butter and other calorie dense nuts.

I have no one else to ask to, is it standard practice to not reply people's snaps?

Read the sticky 5x5

Is my back too rounded while I deadlift? Here's a picture from a recent set I did, this is the worst example from the video. Am I on the way to snap city?

Are resistance bands a shill? I strained my bicep tendon so I've been doing light physio at the gym, but don't really have anything for physio at home.

Also, would they be useful for anything aside from physio?

Could just be that you're underestimating your bf. But yeah cut to 10% and they'll definitely be visible

Posted in the last thread but got no repsonse.

Is it a good idea to consume 1200g of this / week on a cut?
Currently doing a ppl program eating 1800 kcal / day and I am wondering if I can afford to eat this relatively high amount of sugar after each workout without it fucking me, keep in mind I will still be eating 1800 kcal in total.

Is madcow a good routine for someone to take on after SL?

im just shy of 1/2/3/4

Also, can I get a bodyfat estimate pls?

Lol is that Jonathan Lean Doer

Are kettlebell swings good for HIIT? I am skinnyfat and want to lose weight as well as lifting 4 times a week. Kettlebells are the most accessible to me.

Would 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest x10, three days a week be adequate for decent fat loss?

I have a 3 day schedule at my gym,
first day is back and biceps
second day is chest triceps
third is legs shoulders

I do belly(?) every day i that i go to the gym and i row 1500 meters after training.

Should i add in a 4th day to do a full body workout?

Currently doing SL 5x5 and looking to add some accessories on my days off since I've just gotten a lot of time to hit the gym recently. Currently doing heavy shrugs with dumbbells at the end of every lift day, but wondering what else to add.

Stats:
5'11
251 lbs

Bench 120
OHP 85
DL 235
Squat 210

Bumping for interest in this. Want to do something similar but dumbbell swings instead

I'd split up legs and shoulders

If i can see my Serratus what body fat am i?

Could you explain why?

Im new at this..

When you do squats do you flex your core inwards or outwards, or in a more neutral position?

>currently flexing outwards but I am curious if there's an optimal way to do it

Do shoulders on chest/triceps instead my guy

that's what I do. woks fine. albeit I only do squats and deadlifts for legs cos I don't care about them as much.

gee thanks

Is this reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

an actual good regime?

Currently doing SL 5x5 and I'm wanting to throw in something for my biceps on OHP days. Which would be better: curlbar curls or some variant of dumbbell curls?

Preference I'd say. Personally I'd go with dumbbells. When it comes to isolations, for me, it's straight to dumbbells.