Protein Bars - Worth it?

I'm trying to cut out chocolate from my snacks and eat healthier. I was looking at protein bars but goddamn they are expensive for just a pack of 12.

Are protein bars worth it?

Whats the best value protein bar?

I just wanna use them to replace my bad snacking habit of chocolate.

They're the same if not more calories. It would be a lateral move to give up chocolate bars to eat protein bars.

but i figured that the 20g protein you get from them is worth the trade off and less sugar

Chocolate isn't "bad" if you can control yourself to a few grams a day.
You could also make your own bars, with PB, prot powder, oats and water, adding powdered cocoa. Still, a small bar will be about 230Cals, whereas a single dark chocolate square is around 70 cals...

I have a phd flapjack on a saturday.

>Whats the best value protein bar?
Kirkland protein bar you nigger
>same macros as quest bars
>tastes OK
>less than $1 per piece
>brownie flavor gives your jaw a workout

Can attest to most of this except the dumb gook i'm responding to obviously doesn't microwave his kirkland bars.

Throw the brownie one in the microwave for 12 seconds, little chinaman. Come back to me once you've achieved orgasm.

Jawlet detected

no because you can taste the sugar replacement they put in it

just have a chocolate bar once every 3 or so days, a regular size one is like 200 calories.

>cumming out precious T instead of converting it into gains

Dost thou even lift?

Most protein bars are just chocolate bars with added peanut protein.

Stop eating such sweet things.
I used to be a real chocolate fiend (like eat 4 large soft choc cookies and a tub of 24 brownie bites in one sitting kind of fiend)
I now eat no chocolate at all.
Any simple sugars I get come from fruit. Bananas now taste as sweet as milk chocolate used to.

Chocolate cravings go away after only like a week or two of complete abstinence. Don't try to replace it, just get rid of it. (this is pretty much the key to really beating ANY addiction)

get the kirkland signature protein bars and microwave them for like 15-20 seconds they're really good, reasonably priced too.

GOAT nutrition and far cheaper than overpriced quest bars

If you like paying for convenience they're fine

Otherwise make your own

>I just wanna use them to replace my bad snacking habit of chocolate.
Nothing wrong with cocoa powder, it's full of riboflavins, just stop adding sugar and saturated fat to it.

>Otherwise make your own

this desu. i think protein bars usually taste pretty meh - average.

i once made my own at home and honestly they tasted a lot better than most ive tried.

cant recall the cost but im sure its way cheaper when you make a full plate of them at once

I get packs of 18 at Costco for cheap.
They're pretty calorie dense though.

Can you link the recipe you followed?

Instead of cutting them out altogether, simply reduce the amount you take. Just shrink your portions.

You'll still get your chocolate and at the same time be making progress.

I lost 30pds with this method of simple portion reduction.

This. Buy IMO syrup in bulk from amazon, add protein powder and whatever optional ingredients (chocolate chips, chopped fruit, crushed oreos, PB2, etc).

Last night I ate 8x chocolate chip cookie bars for dinner. mfw people still eat chicken rice and brocolli to stay lean/add muscle.

Oats + Ground Peanuts or Peanut butter or ground almonds or almond butter + protein powder + xanthan gum or chia seeds in pretty much any combination

They usually have a lot of fat and sugar in them. I used to like eating one every day at work until I compared a bar to a snickers and realized it was almost no different than eating one of those.

Just stop snacking on chocolate you fucking lardass. Switch to baby carrots, a 5lb bag from costco is $7 CDN and 45kcal/100g.

>b-but muh sweet tooth

You're disgusting and will never make it with that attitude.

Looks good bruh, what are the ingredients of those in the picture?

Idk man, I've almost completely given my lunch over to the Premier Protein brand of bar. 30g protein and 290kcal, fills me up until dinner. Sure they're higher in sugar than I would like, but it's way easier for me to pack one bar that's less than a buck than it is to prep lunches for the week.

But I'm a lazy cunt so what do I know?

You should already know:

1. How many grams of protein you need in a day
2. How many grams of protein you're currently getting from regular food in a day

If you cannot quote both of those numbers off the top of your head, immediately stop reading this thread and educate yourself on basic nutrition and macros. I'd also recommend going to a mirror, looking yourself in the eye, and telling yourself, "Omg, I can't believe what a fat, useless nigger I am. I didn't even read the sticky and really have no idea what I'm doing."

If you know you need more protein, then bars are a convenient, but expensive way to do this when you are "on the go". Don't just eat them like candy bars while sitting at home - there are much cheaper ways to go about adding more protein.

Quest bars are the best, but most expensive brand there is. As has been pointed out, the Kirkland ones, available at Costco, are almost as good and are a fraction of the price.

I always try to deliver them gains recipes for Veeky Forums.

Base Recipe for cookie bars:

112g IMO syrup (Vitafiber or Vitayum, same thing but the latter is cheaper)
38g Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
84g (3 scoops) of vanilla whey protein powder
50g rice krispy cereal
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp nutmeg
3 tbsp baking stevia

Optional toppings/add-ins: chocolate chips, raisins, chopped nuts, crushed oreos, crushed andes mints (use chocolate whey for awesome chocolate mint cookies)

I like the Met-rx cookie dough bars. They are okay. It has 25g of sugar, which I think is too much. But that is probably the trade off to make the damn thing edible, since the bar is not dipped in chocolate.

>his babby jaws can't handle Kirkland Chocolate Brownie Protein Bars
Lel post in more jawlet threads

>Are protein bars worth it?
They are high-protein candy bars and an expensive source of protein.

>Whats the best value protein bar?
Ones you make yourself. For example, using whey, oats, peanut butter and the right amount of water. Simply mix together, shape into bars and freeze them.

>I just wanna use them to replace my bad snacking habit of chocolate.
Not much difference in calories so this would be a bad idea because they are delicious too.