Could someone help me how in the flying fuck am i supposed to tight up this fucking screw on the base of my bench i am...

Could someone help me how in the flying fuck am i supposed to tight up this fucking screw on the base of my bench i am literally trying it for like 3 hours already but the fucker wont budge past the point i circled. I used every fucking tool i had, i tried every fucking screw with every shit i had. But it just wont go past that fucking point. I am going to fucking kill someone PLEASE help

It could be slightly crooked. Try unscrewing it and trying again from a different thread. There's no point brute forcing it.

what's not to understand? you need two wrenches, that's it

/thread
One holds the bolt head the other tightens the nut that has plastic inside it. Nylock nut

Use some properly sized sockets/wrenching.

Or, maybe the threads are galled up or damaged right at the beginning where you messed them up shoving them through. Maybe you'll have to neaten them up with with a file or something.

Ask your Dad... haha.
Ask your Frie... Haha.

Fuckit, man, just post closer pics of the threads at the end of the bolt.

u srs?

just put a wrench on the other end so it doesn't spin

actually, just return it

you aren't intelligent enough to lift

this

Holy shit OP, are you that fucking inadequate as a man? I swear to fucking god, you must have fucking baby soft hands. Are you a jew?

It didn't even occur to me that OP overlooked that.

same, it was so beyond stupid that it didn't occur to me that it was possible to overlook that. I was simply thinking that he's using a cheap mexican speed wrench instead of a proper socket wrench, but no, OP is just a retard and not a real man.

Nope.

Tried with a friend and another wrench.
It literally won't fucking go.

>he had to use a friend to hold the other wrench

Yes because when i tried alone it didnt move.
With him it didnt move.

What the fuck am i supposed to do

neck yourself and your friend for not being real men.

if the thread is undamaged and the screw isn't crooked you are just too weak

You might get a socket wrench with an extended handle.... (called a cheater pipe when changing an auto tire / tyre with the included wrench).

The extra leverage makes a world of difference.

> t. Archimedes

you cross threaded it no doubt, try a different nut and see if it works

Ok i finally did one.

I just went brute-mode on this piece of shit for like 5 min and i fucking broke one wrench somehow on it. Its so fucking slow i will be assembling this piece of shit for the rest of my life

...or you can bite the bullet and spend $0.78 buying a new bolt/nut.

You ever stop and make sure all of the nuts and bolts were the same size?

>not knowing what a locking nut is

i bet you have soft hands too you fucking faggot

i'd be willing to bet my paycheck that there is a nylon insert inside the nut

use a different nut retard

>use a different nut retard
But i don't have them

Are they lined up properly? Chances are either you have a shitty angle on it or you're not threading it properly.

Ye because they slide a bit very easily. Only after a point its stuck and i have to brute force it

its probably because you used the other nuts in other areas

Check the threads on the nut and bolt to see if they are damaged.

Try using the same nut/bolt combo that is in another spot.

Take it to a hardware store and see if you can find another adequate bolt.

the bolts/nuts will have there own section sitting in little plastic cabinets.

Did it go a little way and just stop if it did and you really wrenched down on it and it was cross threaded the threads are damaged.

It happens OP

No, i literally got them in the package with an instuction book where its mentioned what nut should i use.

the only nut you should have is ones on girls faces

Sometimes when things are cross threaded you can get away with pushing on it really really fucking hard and twisting it but you could make it worse.

I'm assuming you don't have any thread cleaning kits.

You probably busted your nut.

Just go to a hardware store (take the old ones) it don't need to be the exact same nut/bolt and get anpther one. Theyre cheap (metzicans make them for us.

okay, well have you tried to switch them out anyway to see if switching works for both? If something isn't working, its better to stop and think of alternative solutions rather than to try to force success.

You could try turning the nut around but I don't think that's it.

I ordered the cheapie Amazon rack, and it came with lock nuts, and it came with metric sized nut/bolts even though the packaging said it was in the superior American system.

I guess the lesson of the story is that this sort of shit happens with cheap hardware, you should take the nuts/bolts you have to a hardware store and spend $3 getting stuff that works.

Maybe, but if i got one i think just my pre Cold war tools suck dick. I mean now that i think about it, it should be pretty fucking hard to move this as if something gets loose i will fall and probably kill myself during a bench press.