Sup guys

Sup guys

How do I start working out at my gym, when everyone else is YUUUUGE and I am ashamed to put babby weights on?

Pls halp

just start going. nobody really gives a shit.

Stop being ashamed.

Literally nobody gives a shit about you.
Also nobody at the gym gives a shit about you.

Stop being a pussy. No one cares how much you lift.

Nobody cares about you you narcissist. Go lift.

new lifters are so narcissistic it's funny. people can't even see you if they look at you from the side. who do you think is looking at you? just don't do absolutely retarded shit like curling in the squat rack/quarter squats and you won't draw any attention.

The people there will probably only be helpful if they interact with you at all.

I am going, but only doing cardioshit

I think I will take this advice.

Can you guys also help me as to what is the etiquette when you want to work out but someone else is already on the machine? Do I roam about close by or what?

That just means that other folks there know what they're doing. Keep working out and you could make some decent progress and get some advice from people who evidently know what they're doing. You could also get a hook up for roids if you're smart.

>roam about close by or what
yes

Just ask how many sets they have left.
If you're too autistic to do that, then just stay nearby and wait til they pick their shit up and leave.

Don't stare at them.

I'd say insecure, not narcissistic..

It quite funny that almost every newbie thinks that gym is like prison yard where they'll be raped for being weak, when in reality gym is one of the chilliest environments you can be in.

>"Hey bro can I work in?"
>"Sure bro."
>"Thanks."

ask them "do you have a lot of sets left" to let them know you want on. if you don't want to wait you can ask to work in.

I wouldn't worry about it Ant Man you're too small to see anyways

Every big guy there started somewhere and they know what it's like.

The only cocky people/mean muggers at the gym are kids and manlettes anyway.

I used to be like you. Then one day I was benching solo with newb tier weights (35lbs on each side).

>Go a little too hard, start to crumble.
>Asian dudebro swoops in to save me from RoS
>"Th-thanks."
>*sup nod*

In that moment I learned that at the very least, no one is going to mock me to my face. Maybe he mocked me later. Maybe he actually appreciated me being there. Truthfully it doesn't matter.

Now, I'm still a dyel skelly, but that's my cross to bear. Still haven't had to do RoS, though.

stop caring about what others think and just go?

got a feeling you're not gonna make it my dude

Polite thing to do is ask how many sets they have left, and 90% of the time they'll instantly lose the intense look they get when lifting and say some shit like 'I got a couple more sets but you can work in if you want bro!

Thank you everyone who made me understand how gyms work. You are Veeky Forums's chosen heroes. May strong lifts be in your future and stay away from snap city

You should only compare yourself to one person.
That person is you.
Present you should be lifting, eating clean, and improving to make future you better.
So present you should look to future you and say he's "YUUUUGE".
Now go read the fucking sticky.

I'm swole by normie standards and I enjoy seeing new people give it a try as long as they have good gym manners. I also enjoy being asked for advice and in my experience most people are like me. Just look up for any guy who trains alone and do squats and deadlifts and you are good to go.