So i am beginner faggot and i was talking with my "intermediate" friend. we were talking about our goals etc...

So i am beginner faggot and i was talking with my "intermediate" friend. we were talking about our goals etc. He asked me what my goal was on bench in like 1 year. I said some shit like 100+Kg or something for like 5 reps ( i am pretty skinny). He said its impossible and that he gains like 10-15kg on his lifts a year, difference is he does shit for 12 reps 4 sets i think.

Am i really delusional? I see people here saying that they went from 60lbs to 200+in a year on the bench with some beginner programs

Other urls found in this thread:

gymbull.com/posts/669
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most people won't consistently bench 100kg for 5 within a year unless they eat like a whale and have no regard for fat gain.

don't listen to Veeky Forumss estats.
But all that said, aim for the stars and you might only land on the moon etc. Set your goals high rather than low.

Uhh 7 months of solid benching i went from 40kg bench to 100kg. Its all about consistancy, workout, nutrition and rest.

Who is this hoe?

Depends on the person, but generally speaking no, that's not possible.

And then

>Veeky Forums in a nutshell

your friend is a faggot if he can only add 10-15 kg a year even if he benches 4x12. however that depends on how much he benches.

in reality under let's say 80 kg it's easier to progress then it gets harder exponentially. i see people on Veeky Forums claiming they got to a 2pl8 bench after half a year even a year and i know they're lying because literally all strong people at all the gyms i've been to confirmed that it took them a lot to get to a 2pl8 bench. most claim at least 2 years. and then there's regulars who have been at it as long as me who haven't hit 2pl8 yet.

you know fags on Veeky Forums are estating but it's not entirely impossible to get to 100 kg on your bench, just incredibly hard

It's not estats at all. I've lifted for a couple years but everything was shit.

I didn't eat, didn't stay tight during bench and had bad programming whilst weighing like 70kg.

I ran Nuckols 3x beginner bench to 2pl8 and added some dips for more volume.

Took me like 6 months to go from 60kg(135)x4 to 100kg(225)x4.

i'd suck the curry farts out of her bunghole tbhwy

You must be a manlet or don't lift 2 plate bench is not that difficult to get in a year

I got to 75kg bench from 60kg bench in three months, I think I'll hit 100kg before the years out.

Try this for benchday:

gymbull.com/posts/669

subhuman.

the average person doesn't pay attention to diet and/or has sub-optimal programming. that's why it takes them years and years to get anywhere (ie. your friend adding 30 lbs/yr as an 'intermediate' lol..)

run SS->TM or whatever other flavor of beginner/intermediate strength programs and you can definitely hit 2pl8 in a year if you're diligent enough and eat

It's funny how many people on this board talk about how they bench 2plate or do 1/2/3/4 considering how dyel everyone looks in CBTs. Everyone is a 5'9 / 155 lb twink.

I go to WVU and at the rec center 95% of guys don't bench more than 160 - 185

I honestly think its easy to get to 100kg bench in a year. Your friend doing way too many rep for someone trying to grow muscle. Should be 5-8 rep/3-5 set. Eat alot and have rest days.

I hit it in a matter of months

This is bullshit

honestly if he's natty and benches more than 2pl adding just 20lbs a year is great progress
do you honestly think you're not gonna stall ever?

keep doing your SS nerd lets see how you'll progress after 2,5pl bench lmao, only way that'd be possible if you keep madbulking and weigh at least the same as you bench

"Intermediate" is a useless term. You are either a learner or an expert. Most of us are learners, the experts are guys like Louie, Boris, John Meadows, Rich Froaning, Ray Williams, Kiko Pozdeev, etc - those that have or have consistently produced results. Whether or not you will get a 100kg bench with a beginner program is up to anyone's guess.

Depends on the person. If the guy was sedentary all his life, he will be lucky if he gets 70kg because he has no upper body muscle. If he has played sports, why not?

Since I've changed up to 5-4-3-2-Failure (If I get 3+ on last set I up the weight next week) I have put around 2.5 - 5kg on the bar each workout and got 80kg for 5 yesterday. I started training about 8/9months ago and started with like 12.5kg dumbells on some bro split.

When I first started lifting I was 6'4" and 165 lbs. I often did 50 push ups a night and was in 11th grade. My initial 1rm was 185 lbs. I benched three times a week for 15/12/10 Monday, then 10/8/6 Wednesday, then 5/3/1 on Friday and was a complete curl bro (did Bicep curls and was in and out in 30 mins), gobbling down protein powder and peanut butter sandwiches, and 8 months later I was 17 years old, 6'5", 180 lbs, and could hit 245 lbs for 3 reps. I knew nothing about fitness. My chest is still disproportionately stronger.