/fat/ - Fatty General

Did you drink you 15 calorie monster today, /fat/?

Last thread over 300 pounds (Cross-thread)

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

>Calculate your weight loss plan
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Calculate your BF%
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/
examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/
scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is now /SIP/ thread

>Tfw have to go buy Monster now
Fuck, i want one so bad now

Orange flavour. What's the general opinion on it?

The tea one? Didnt like it as much.

I love the green one

Tastes like oranges.

At what bf does love handles go away?
>6'5'' tall
>215lbs

Daily reminder triangle body is disgusting, a quality man is more stocky and boxy, not a disgusting triangle like the fags in the macho autist movies some brain dead morons idolize

This is way better if he loses a little weight.

>a fat black faggot
why

Oh did i trigger you racist /pol/tard with a superior male?

One that has a brain and hasnt been brainwashed by movies and tv to worship some disgustingly ugly triangular huge shoulder body.

Pic related's body is perfect if he loses some weight, no fucking triangles, nice stocky cuddly build :3

Now go cry on your racist autism board.

Is the mcdonalds calorie chart accurate?

But why is he wearing boots?

you mean what they post? yes they legally have to be accurate.
Although if you are planning on fast food i recommend a couple of wendy's grilled chicken wrap. you get more protein and less fat

No wendy's here sadly, i usually get a burger and 20 nuggets and maybe fries for a full day meal, mostly some salad in the evening.

I thought I read somewhere they can have up to 20% inaccuracy but I might have made that up in my head.

>not drinking the superior sip

265lb at 6'3 here

Rana 5 miles then did the Marine corps short card workout wearing a plate carrier and helmet. Ate a subway and drank my first sip of the day, getting ready to do back day and some heavy ass deadlifts

>I can't seem to find any studies on true calories gained from vegetables.

The fuck are you talking about. There's accurate nutritional data available for all sorts of things.

>people say eat as many as you want but I dunno.
Who the fuck says this? Vegetables contain calories. If you're eating a ton of course you count them.

nutritiondata.self.com/

Weighing them raw and looking up the info for that is best.

Hey guys your daily /sip/ ambassador here lol xD. Reminding you to drink your daily sips and get gains hehe

What is this shit /sip meme?
I drink half the thing on every meal.
DRINK, sip just makes you want more, it isnt satisfying.

you are delusional if you think 500 kcals of celery is the same as 500 kcals of coke.
body breaks it down differently than pop. Not all calories are equal.

Calories are calories faggot

If you're talking about total energy determined by calorimetry versus actual metabolizable energy, then, yeah, foods vary in this respect. But you're not going to be getting different amounts of energy on different occasions of eating the same food. Eat the same foods and count the calories and observe your weight. You don't need to know the amount of metabolizable energy you're getting, if your foods don't vary much from day to day, because the total energy is linearly related to metabolizable energy. Observing your weight being maintained means that your current foods contain an amount of metabolizable energy equal to your TDEE while you still don't know what that number is exactly except that it's something less than the total energy you counted based on nutrition data.

less calories is all that matters, they only reason i am not drinking coke is because of high sugar/calories

SIP SIP

SIPADELPHIA

SIP SIP

SIPADELPHIA

I'm 335ibs down from 570 and I've started reading more about macronutrients

so then, using goal weight macros for protein(200ibs), I apparently need 250 grams of protein every day.

where do I even begin to get that amount of protein into my diet? I currently eat 50 grams of oats and at best 250 grams of meat every day, there's other shit like coffee with 50ml of unsweetened condensed milk once or twice a day but that's barely 140 calories
maybe I'm stressing over nothing but I'm still not sure how to work this out

Grilled tuna steak and broccoli for dinner after a 2.1 mile walk. How'd I do family?

What you guys think about L-carnitine.
I think to cheat whit it in workouts to lose weight faster. Didn't see studies that says have bad said effects.

>regular /fat/ threads
Great dialogue and motivation for people to continue their weight loss journey, also some of the fastest threads on Veeky Forums

>poorly disguised marketing threads
Shitoosting about energy drinks.

Fuck this shit. See you all next thread

Like almost everything in the vast pile of different supplements in existence, it's useless. Unless some very specific circumstance applies to you it's a waste of money.

examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/
>Despite its high prevalence and dependency for beta-oxidation, dietary and supplemental L-carnitine does not seem to positively influence fat metabolism unless the subject is in an otherwise deficient state.

I use it because it prevents insulin spikes so during intermitten fasting I don't fall asleep if I eat a meal with carbs. Also it gives u energy all day. It's in every energy drink

>eat at deficit of 1000cal per day for 6 days of the week, eat at my maintenance or slightly over it on the other day
>haven't lost any weight even though it's been a month
This doesn't make any sense. I've been pretty meticulous when it comes to counting calories and I make sure that most of my intake is protein. Is it just a meme that grills take longer to lose weight?

This is a pretty typical day for me but people in the last thread were telling me that I'm not eating enough. The thing is I don't feel hungry or like I need to eat more. I just had my dinner in pic related and feel stuffed. Any tips?

Bump to get the thread back on track

235lbs Fatty here

is it too soon for me to start using a BO-flex machine if i have one readily available?

should i lose more weight first or just start going hard?

>down 32 lbs since January
I guess the eternal bulk is finally over. I'm gonna make it brehs

meh, i was trying out keto but realized i just love brown rice too fucking much, couldn't have my grilled chicken and broccoli without some good o'l rice, was on day 3 which is supposed to be the day where you enter ketosis after not eating carbs.

Keto is a meme right? other than the whole hunger reduction thing you don't like, lose any extra pounds right?

I'll have some oats for dinner for a total of around 1k cals, lil bummed out because of the keto thing but good day overall

you are not getting enough macros, not even close. Also i refuse to believe that a fatty can't eat more, there is no need to force yourself to eat almost nothing.

800 is the bare minimum for me, and when i only eat 800 calories they're mostly protein so i still eat a good portion of food (pound of chicken breast and some broccoli) as opposed to those crumbs you ate

You're not so fat that your range of motion is severely reduced. You can probably do the all the normal movements like anyone else so, yes, start training already.

So, what is this macro nutrition stuff?

Use small words, I'm a retard.

275 lbs

ate 1750 calories today, yesterday 1650, day prior like 1500.

I'm on my feet 8-10 hours a day and walk 1-2 miles intermittently at work. anybody want to make an informed idea of how many calories i need to break even everyday so i know roughly how many i'm actually cutting?

looked down at my stomach and it looks fat as fuck. looking at it through the mirror always made me think it was not that big.

had two small meals today. scoop protein in the morning. rueben for lunch. 2 pieces of chicken breast for dinner.

tomorrow I am going to probably have chicken breast, black beans, and some vegetable.

give interments fasting a try. I've done IF and keto both for extended periods of time and much prefer IF. Both help curve appetite, but IF has more freedom for carbs/junk

Plus fasting has bunch of health benefits compared to keto where info seems to be a toss up.

myfitnesspal is giving me a goal of 2300 for sodium, and i'm barely hitting 200. how can i get it up? do i even need to get it up?

it's very little, i walk 4 km (2 and a half miles)every day to work, around 15 mins per km so it's a moderate pace, and according to MFP i burn around 190 extra calories doing that.

i'm also only getting about 1/3rd of my sugar

i should have stated that differently, what i want to know is roughly how many calories a day am i burning by existing and the couple miles of walking.

it's 1g protein/1lb of lean body weight. Depending on your height, you should never need more than 150g of protein. 100g if you are a manlet.

>5'7"
>lost 11 lbs (187 to 176) in 2 weeks
>weigh myself today
>lost another 4 lbs over the past 2 days

What the fuck, why is my progress this quick?

Will it slow down?

When?

I've actually been doing IF for like 6 months and it changed my life, it's like dieting got 50% easier when i started doing it, currently doing a 20/4 cycle

And yeah i'll ditch keto i guess, i feel like i have more control if i allow myself complex carbs than denying them even with the appetite loss of keto

It'll slow down. A lot of the weight you've lost so far has been your body adjusting and dropping water and waste weight.

how many calories are you eating every day? are you lifting and hitting your brotein goal everyday? are you doing the starvation mode diet? you may be losing muscle along with fat, remember that muscle is heavier than fat.

i'm eating 1k cals a day with plenty of protein, probably 100g a day I'd say

I lift or run like every other day, I've become stronger if anything

>1lb in 10 days
1 (ONE) pound
in 240 hours
what the FUCK

I counted calories
here they are

26/02: 850
27/02:900
28/02:950
01/03:950
02/03:1000
03/03:1100
04/03:1600
05/03:700
06/03:850
07/03:900
08/03:850

that's 10650 calories consumed
my bmr is 2100, 10 days is 21000
total deficit is 10,350 calories
that does NOT equal one measily fucking pound

use a tdee calculator, then add the calories burnt with exercise, but don't make the mistake of being like "welp i burnt 200 calories, guess i'll have a packet of oreos now" that's a starbucks whale habit right there

scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

But there's also no need to force myself to eat more if my body isn't asking for it, right? I only get a little hungry just before bed but there's no point in eating before sleeping, that's a habit I shook a long time ago

thanks.

BMR - 2425
calories needed to maintain my 275lbs - 3335

i *should* be losing around 2 lbs/week in theory, though i'm worried considering the guy above that's only lost one pound.

if anything my gut is smaller due to not being chock full of food which is satisfying as fuck. my clothes fit better than they did a week ago.

>335 down from 570

That's really great progress, but I have to be a dick and ask. How the fuck do you get to 570 in the first place. It literally makes 0 sense to me how people get that big. 570 is probably 200lbs heavier than the heaviest person I've ever seen IRL.

undereating should be tackled the same way as overeating. if you're eating too much, you force yourself to eat less. if you're eating too little, you force yourself to eat more. there's obviously more subtlety to it than this, but that's the idea. 400 kcal a day isn't sustainable.

this bitch thinks she eats enough too

Ultimately we fatfucks are trying to get healthier, and 400 calories a day is anything but healthy, try to up them to 800 at least, and at least 65% protein

it's just water or something man. even if all those calories you ate were Ice Cream you would still have lost weight. Keep it up.

yeah for real, i ate and drank liquor like a hog for 15 years and never went above 280. he must have been a sugar fiend.

the previous 10 days I lost 7lbs, give or take
so 8 over 20 days, is that good or not?

Ayyyye shout out from Philadelphia!

that's plenty good man, 1lb a week is a solid amount of fat loss. Don't sweat it

i know, I should be glad it's at least going down
but I was losing so much so quickly when I started, now progress has slowed to a crawl
it's tough on the old esteem

take pictures or constantly look in the mirror for little changes. it helps me out man

I ate the inner fillet, someone else ate the drumstick. Tasty!

i'm just gonna eat an entire walmart lemon pepper rotisserie chicken and nothing else for a day and report back.

if you catch them cold they're only $2.50 instead of $5, take it home and steam it for half an hour and it's almost as good as fresh.

I realize it's not sustainable and I don't eat that little every day, but forcing myself to eat if I don't feel like I have to seems counter productive to weight loss, no? I'm a noob at this stuff obviously so correct me where I'm wrong

enjoy your sodium

Finally hit sub-30% bf after being low 40s for 5 years. We're all gonna make it some day.
>tfw cutting out soda was a dozen times harder than cutting alcohol or cigarettes

>On keto for the last 13 lbs I need to lose
>Get a super bad cold
>Need something to relieve cough and throat pain
>"sugar free ricola should be fine, right?"
>yeah sure whatever
>been popping them like tic-tacs
>finally check them out online
>4 carbs per lozenge
>literally slurped down half a bag

AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sup fat friends. Going to my favorite Mexican place tomorrow and will likely have my first cheat day in my first 2-3 weeks of dieting. Probably gonna have wings (Mexican place with awesome wings, don't ask) and maybe a naked burrito or waffle fries. Gonna feel guilty as fuck afterwards, but I'm gonna get a two mile walk in beforehand though.

I've been making progress (diet+gym) but is there something I can sostitute chicken/turkey with? Maybe only once or twice a week, I'm getting sick of eating that every day and I want to remain focused.

>Be me
>180lbs
>Feel fat as fuck
>Squat 3pl8 for 5
>Only work out in a hoodie in the middle of summer
>Life is good

anything from the sea, tuna and tilapia are probably your cheapest choices, if you've got cash to spend then you can go for some salmon or shrimps (shrimp macros are god tier but expensive as fuck)

As a poorfag i buy tuna most of the time, but i don't like it by itself, or even in pattie form, i like to make a mush with it, i'd normally boil some broccoli, some eggs (just the whites) and mix them all together with a tbsp of low fat mayo, bretty gud

No i don't drink monster because i don't put dumb shit in my body like energy drinks.

I get my energy from exercising and eating well.

I've been doing really good today.
Had a protein shake for breakfast after my workout, salad for lunch, and baked chicken with sweet potatoes and quinoa. Went 1 gram over on my sugar counts but i'm not going to cry over one gram, just going to be more conscious tomorrow.

So I have done 4 or so different TDEE calculators and they all tell me I'm supposed to be eating between 3400-3600 calories a day to maintain my weight. I've been currently cutting at 2400 or so calories a day and I'm losing weight, but I'm worried I'm not maximizing how fast I can be losing fat without impacting my muscle mass. Do any of you think that an 1800 kcal diet would kill any muscle gains I've made or should I go for it?

almost 100lbs lighter, started at 350 on november 2015, last weight in was 10 days ago at 261, i've been lifting for the last 6 months, am i light enough to do some jogging? there's a pretty nice clear where i could run, the grass should also be easier on my joints

Allright I'll add in some tuna. I tried once some cheap salmon but it destroyed my stomach and I don't feel like paying too much for it.
Another thing, I've been getting by fibers from salad what are some frozen veggies I can use? Broccoli and then what? I'm on low carb but not keto.

tuna goes with everything really, i use broccoli because i'm on keto, but try some sweetcorn, diced carrots (finely chopped), peas, and maybe even some boiled potato (also finely chopped)

Oh also, avocado and tuna is a good combination that i rarely see mentioned here

Always use low fat mayo to blend everything together

I'm 6.2. I've been on a body comp machine at some point and was measured at 230ibs muscle, bone and skin, water and flab not accounted for. even then, unrealistic numbers for sure.
150ish makes more sense. that's a more realistic number to aim for

the worst sort of snowballing, one thing led to another. dysfunctional family, fuck all self worth, total apathy. just gave up after a while. found solace in food and fps games.

for the most part I didn't think about how what I ate affected me. after a 1month binge of beer and the europoor equivalent of slim jims it got to the point where I could barely wipe my ass and that's when I decided I'd had enough

>570
how did you end up there????

but jesus christ you almost lost half your weight, good going m8

/fat/ why you go fat in first place?
I did got fat, when I was 10-14 years old I spend my summer whit my grandma on the mountain. We are slavs so that mean the diet was bread, high fat meals.So yeah "you have to eat more user to get big and strong" made me the fat slob I am.

>myfitnesspal is giving me a goal of 2300 for sodium, and i'm barely hitting 200. how can i get it up? do i even need to get it up?

Sodium is one of the essential micronutrients that you need to stay alive. 500mg seems to the recommended minimum daily intake. Adding salt to food is the most obvious way to get more sodium.

Are you measuring your weight just once a week? That has a good chance of giving you misleading results. Measure daily right after waking up and average over a week. Also, don't presume to know your BMR accurately.

thanks - i actually checked and several things i was logging didn't have the sodium accurately listed. it's much better with that corrected, but i do need more.

Hi /fatgen/, 1 month obese newb here, I'm 180cm tall, basically my weight has been going from 105 to 110kg every time I weight myself, sometimes even when I enter the gym, i weight myself, it would be 107kg, then after a workout, it would show 110kg+

I'm not counting calories yet, but I'm almost starving myself, so i don't know what to do, please help.

see
it takes time. and dedication, or lack thereof. depends on how you want to spin it.

You're not starving yourself, stop being a baby. Once you count calories you'll realize how much you've been eating, otherwise you would have been down to at least 100 after a month of "starving"

That sounds about right. Actually getting too little sodium is pretty rare as everything contains at least a little bit of it.

count your calories.

Parents. Specifically my mother, as my dad was the one who noticed the problem. As soon as I understood what I was eating I just refused to eat anything with them. They fed me unhealthy shit all the time, ridiculous portions, sweets, never once spoke to me about nutrition.

In a way, I hate my mother for putting me through it at such a young age. My confidence is shot, I spent my formative years as a fat person and even though I look okay now, I still feel like a fatty.

It fucked my life up and every time she talks about how proud she is of me for my career, how I keep fit, like she laid the foundations or something, it makes me furious. It was all my doing and if I'd not realised, I'd still be disgusting.

Nobody knows about this, not even my partner. I feel ashamed.

A 1000cal deficit sends some people's bodies into survival mode, causing them to store fat instead of burn it.
Just eat at a 250cal deficit and do Hiit at least 3x a week. The pounds will melt off.

Weight varies from day to day and hour to hour. There's no point comparing weight measurements made in different circumstances. Measure every day right after waking up and taking a piss. Even still there will be random fluctuations between days. An average of a week's measurements is more accurate than a single measurement. So ignore the daily differences and only concern yourself with the weekly averages.

And start counting calories. Only by observing your weight can you know whether you're eating less than you spend. And only by counting your calories will you know how much that actually is. And when you know that number you'll be able to repeat it.

Is this true though? I mean, how little can your calorific requirements drop to if you're overweight and starvation mode kicks in?

250 is way too low and starvation mode is mostly a meme, especially if you're overweight.
1000cal deficits are fine at higher weights, just make sure you get exercise and don't include that exercise in your daily calorie allowance like one retard in this thread has done

What exercise is good for while you're cutting to lose weight and gettinf down the bf% and weight where you want to start bulking? Everything I read/hear about is for skinny fags just looking to bulk up. For reference I'm 5'10 200lbs M