Oatmeal

Lets talk about oatmeal!

Do you eat oatmeal after your work out?

Do you add extra protein to your oatmeal?

What do you do to make it taste better?

with or without milk?

>Do you eat oatmeal after your work out?
Yes
> Do you add extra protein to your oatmeal?
Half a scoop of whey protein
> What do you do to make it taste better?
Sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds (all rosted ones), honey, raisins
> with or without milk?
with milk while on bulk, and without on cut

Eat a big ass bowl for breakfast. About 1 1/4 cups worth.
~400 cal
Cook it in the microwave with non fat milk.
~100 cal
4 tsp of brown sugar
~60 cal

I will not be hungry for like 6 hours.
Oatmeal = godtier cut food

one and 1/4 cups worth

1/3 cup steel cut with 3/4 cup water and 1 tbsp brown sugar. Milk destroys your cut.

oatmeal powder aka oat flour is based too. 1/2 - 1 cup in a shake = calories, carbs, fiber, protein. Helps me (skinny fucker) meet daily caloric needs.

Salt and maybe stevia sweetener if i REALLY have to which is very rare
If you want those extra carbs for workout or whatever just chop a banana on top and throw some pecans or walnuts

i have the beetus so I can't add a lot of fancy shit to my oatmeal

I use steel cut oats in water, then add walnuts and almonds, finally some brown sugar and a bit of cinnamon too.
One day I'll slice a few strawberries in it too.

oatmeal tastes like shit I now eat wheat

100g every Morning with whey, cinnamon and some nuts

I've done all types from old fashioned to steel cut to instant. Lately I've been bulking so they don't suffice as an actual meal and I eat them as snacks in between meals so I make a couple of packs of instant mixing the brown sugar with the Apple cinnamon.

I have about 100g every breakfast. Mix it in with 6 eggs and 250g egg whites and scramble up the whole deal. It's great senpai

am i the only one who eats this shit uncooked? add it to my greek yogurt every day

Always with milk btw.

Man, I could really need some oatmeal right about now.

I make microwave oatmeal with water every morning. I throw a an egg in there too, and it works pretty well.

I eat one bowl at breakfast and one bowl after workout. I add one banana and some blueberries, it tastes great.

I used to to this before doing this

Does boiling oats make them worse from a fitness viewpoint? I like oatssoup but i can imagine that the somwhat dry and hard steelcut oats last longer in the stomach and keep full longer and cause less of a spike.
Any ideas? Because i fucking love oats soup

>sugar
>on a cut

I mean, for me, the 60 cal is worth for making it taste cunting awesome

tried adding a scoop to my oats once. Didn't like it, i'm keeping the powder and oats separate.

why would you eat it after you work out? what a waste. it has so many complex carbs in it that will PUMP YOU THE HECK UP

Its the ultimate breakfast that is low on calories but high on complex carbs and lets you not feel hungry for like 6 hours even after a morning workout, you are wasting it by having it after a workout and adding extra shit to it.

Get a quaker oats just add hot water pot, that is the best tasting and the best way to eat both for your body and cleaning up wise since its only the spoon that needs cleaning.

Tell me more about the egg in oatmeal, I just have the microwave oatmeal in the morning.

It's pretty much just scrambled eggs with out meal mixed in before cooking. It softens up the oatmeal a bit. I don't really know how to explain the taste in words but I enjoy it a bit better than regular scrambled eggs, I've never eaten just oatmeal before so I can't comment on that.

I add a sprinkle of Montreal steak seasoning as well if it makes a difference.

I add some raspberry jam to mine to make it taste better, anyone else do this?

>diabetes
>using brown sugar.

Seriously man. Fucking hell, I had type 2 diabetes for a year and cut out as much sugar as possible which is how I got rid of it (losing a fuckton of weight in the process) but I'd have never dreamed of putting even one spoon of anykind of sugar in my food. Hell, I wouldn't now even though I don't have it anymore.

Oh boy this an oat thread?
Some weekends I feel like a fat cunt and make a 1kg porridge, with 80g of oats, 40g peanut butter, 600g whole milk, 2 bananas, any fruit i can find, 150g walnuts, honey, sometimes 200g youghurt if i have it and flax seeds. Shit is so cash and helps me get out of skelly mode

I put milk and peanut butter in mine, shit's great

How to microwave steel cut oats?

1 cup oats - 150 cal
2 scoops whey - 200 cal
1 serving pb2 - 45 cal
8 oz milk - 90 cal

fuggin blender that up and you've got like 66g protein for ~500 calories. shit keeps me full from like 7-8 am til 1 pm.

shit 650 calories. 300 for the cup of oats.

new fag i dont use measurements dont know how either,im trying to gain weight but im gonna make a wild guess.
1 cup oats
Enough water until its just over the oats so i guess 1 cup idk
2 tea spoons of honey
1 sliced banana
and maybe half a cup of milk

God tier oats

>steel cut
>cook in reduced sugar chocolate almond milk
>make way wetter than you like
>stir in like 4tbsp of powdered peanut butter

Tastes like you're eating some garbage kids cereal but the macros are dank.

step 1.) make a huge batch of steel cut oats in a big pot and store it in the fridge

step 2.) microwave portions of it for breakfast throughout the week

bretty ez

Got some in the crock pot right now. Just started it so it'll be ready at just the right time in the morning. I use steel cut oats and add: almond milk, mashed banana, cinnamon, and honey. Tastes bretty gud with my morning sip of java.

I put peanut butter in mine.

I was watching a documentary on peanut farmers and one was talking about how much he loved peanut butter, even putting it in his oatmeal.

Genius.

1 cup coconut almond milk, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, about 1/3 cup bobs scottish oats. Takes about 5 mins to cook and I sprinkle some stevia in it at end. Also a tbsp of peanut butter.

>just monster shilling
Why in the fuck do newfags think it's shilling? How does anyone come to that conclusion? Even if you're so new that you're not familiar with the general tone of discourse on Veeky Forums, there are plenty of other reasons why it should be obvious that monster isn't actually shilling here: copyright exposure (Spongebob, Simpsons, Seinfeld, personality rights like Arnold and Trump), the fact that this meme exists nowhere else on the internet (not even Reddit or BB), the total lack of coordination across other platforms (again, not even Reddit or BB), the lack of repeated phrases (like CTR's "nuclear codes" pasta).

It's not shilling. It's a fucking meme. And the only way you're going to realize this is if you try that first sip of Monster Energy™ Zero Ultra™, fortified with mood-boosting B vitamins and available at your local 7-Eleven for the low low price of 2 for $4.

[SPONSORED CONTENT]

I usually add milk, brown sugar, bananas, peanut butter, linseed, chia seed and sometimes granola. About the proportions, depends on my mood. I know I'm not taking my diet very religiously and I should focus on cutting by now, but that shit tastes so good ;-;

how do you do this?

Brown sugar and whole milk
Side of toast, buttered and peanut butter on top

pre-diabetes at best, you don't """lose""" type 2 diabetes

>3 cups of each: almond milk, water, and oats
>3 tsp of cinnamon
>3-4 tbsp of honey
>2 mashed bananas
>mix that shit up
>1 hour in the crock pot on high
>8 hours in on warm
>fin

Really? Because according to my doctor my HbA1c results say otherwise.

In all fairness though, what does he know? He's only a doctor!

Usually eat 100 grams of oats before working out, i bowl it in hot water