175cm tall

>175cm tall
>76kg weight
>Fatty

>Eating 800-1200 calories a day (with one day a week eating 2000-2200)
>Logging all calories
>Working 9 hours in a decent physical labor job to keep my active
>7 days a week 20 minutes cardio session burning roughly 200calories
>4x a week weight session

Why aren't I losing weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199212313272701
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Muscle gain perhaps, if you are completely untrained. It should be overtaken by fat loss in 2-4 weeks if you don't give up.

Do it for more than two days

Been going 5 weeks so far haven't noticed any noticable changes

If you really were eating 800-1200 calories per day then you would be losing weight.
You are either miscalculating your intake or you're just lying.

>9 hours manual labor
>works out at the gym
>eats less calories than a teenage girl

are you fucking dumb?

You're not eating enough to function. What I'm going to refer to is complete bro science as I've not bothered to research it myself and it's just from what I've heard on various threads and put into practice. What I'm operating from is the idea that if you eat below your BMR, you're going to go into starvation mode and not a lot is going to happen. I used to think calories in/out was a meme, but I'm finding just the opposite.

>story time

About a month ago I discovered I was eating about 1500cal a day tops. I was also doing training/climbing and found I was getting really shitty energy levels and passing out after training in certain circumstances. I was quite easily able to up it to 2000cal a day, I tracked my intake using MyFitnessPal and then upped my calories by 100 a week.

Now - here's the interesting part. When on my 1500cal diet, I was struggling to lose fat, wasn't really gaining muscle, but was definitely gaining strength (though it was painfully slow progression). However, since moving my calories up, there have been the following benefits:

> I've gone down a belt size - so lost some body fat
> Metabolism has sped up - which is probably the result of the above weight loss
>Energy has sky-rocketed

Your diet doesn't have to be super clean to start with - for example I eat a lot more bread now than I have done, but the idea being get your calories up, then make tweaks to help improve your nutrition.

Aim for 2500cal daily to start with, then see how you feel and build it up. You'll probably lose weight if you're doing 9 hours physical labor.

Starvation mode doesn't exist

you are not exempt from the laws of thermodynamics

the only thing you got right in this post
>"What I'm going to refer to is complete bro science as I've not bothered to research it myself "

But the brain IS a hell of a drug, it will attempt to combat these changes tooth and nail, and the only way around it is to be aware and deliberately make changes to avoid it

>nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199212313272701

>"Some obese subjects seek medical evaluation for failure to lose weight despite a history of severe caloric restriction."

Sound familiar?

>"Two explanations for this failure are a low total energy expenditure and an energy intake substantially higher than reported."

I think we can remove the possibility of lack of exercise

>"Subjects presenting with an inability to lose weight despite a history of caloric restriction may represent a subgroup of obese people who severely misreport their food intake and level of physical activity"

Post screenshots of myfitness pal so we can berate you

To be fair, I agree with everything you post and I feel fine standing corrected.

I overestimated my calories when I wasn't eating enough. I was eating about 250-300cal for breakfast in the form of a small portion of porridge + whey protein and almond milk (which is low cal anyways).

I'd then go until lunch without eating, even then it would be maybe an apple at best. Though to be fair, it was probably easier for me to eat less purely because I went through two years of anxiety issues which caused a lot of difficulty with appetite and I physically couldn't eat a big enough meal to get my calories in.

I mean sure, if I went and got takeout on one day, I'd probably come closer to say 2000cal, but memes aside, I actually was under-eating and the proof has been in the struggle to eat more over these past few weeks, but it's been worth it.

And to be fair - weight loss isn't even my primary goal.

>easier for me to eat less purely because I went through two years of anxiety issues which caused a lot of difficulty with appetite

mang i feel that feel so hard

>Why aren't I losing weight?

Because you are bullshitting the numbers. If your post were true, you would have dropped at least 2.5 kg by now (likely more).

You're either miscalculating your calorie intake, or your energy expenditure. I spent three weeks at 90kg, not losing any weight, until I realized I was starting to sleep 11 hours per day, instead of the normal 8. My body was getting so little energy that I was feeling sleepy all the time.

My mistake was exercising more and keeping calories the same. I started by doing 1 hour of cardio on 1300 calories, and when I hit 90kg (I started at 115kg), I was doing 3 hours of cardio on the same 1300 calories.

That was kind of dumb, in retrospect.

You are lying (:

if you have a physical job and are working out that much and not losing weight you must be eating 4 times as much as you say you are

Nigga your whole head, arm and parts of your legs are missing. You're losing too much weight if anything.

>Eat >500 less a day
>2 weeks in
>added HIIT to my usual routine from day 1
Lost 6 lbs but have also fatigued myself, so i have to take a week off

You probably suck at calorie counting.
I (m/175cm) went from 86kg to 70kg on a 1200kcal diet with light cardio 2-5 times a week with an average of ~1-1.5kg loss per week.

>175cm "tall"
more like 175 cm short manlet

Stop the cheat days I guarantee you are eating way more than 2000 on your cheat days

Using myfitnesspal scanning barcode s of every food I eat and using a scale to weigh the portion sizes.
I'd love to agree that I am over estimating what I'm eating, but I'm not.

Generally,
I'm eating 1/3 cup of oats for breakfast with low fat milk

Wholemeal wrap with two slices of thinly sliced turkey (primo brand) measured at portion size with spinach and iceberg lettuce

And for dinner
I'm eating
1 portion of frozen salmon with a steam fresh bag of vegetables
Or
1 portion size of chicken breast with the same amount of vegetables

Throughout the day, If I snack it's on almonds and only a maximum of 7 nuts.
Protein shake post workout also

Pic of general eating day
I did add salami for taste this day

Choose:
1) Crashed your metabolism
2) Thyroid disorder
3) Cals in/out are a meme

Hint: It's mostly 1 and 3.

>you are not exempt from the laws of thermodynamics
/fat/ again misquoting physics.

There are people gaining from salads, you know? Why? Their GI tract is just that effective. They can turn cucumbers into carbs and fat. Look it up.

>Look it up.

I did. Turns out it's bullshit.

This is the next day

Generally speaking my diet has remained the same with one cheat day a week eating around 2000-2200 calories

I really do wish I was lying because there's no way in hell I'd be asking for a roasting to find out why the fuck I'm not losing weight

How do I fixed a crashed metabolism?

You're absolutely wrong.

DYEL 177cm manlet here and I did 1500 calories a day for THREE WEEKS user and I lost 9lbs.

You're overreating and not calculating calories right kys

Also do you even own a food scale? I bet you don't, kys

This.

While starvation mode itself is pseudo-science, there's definitely something going on when you're not eating enough that adversely affects your gains. Same shit happened to me. Was eating too little, added around 300 calories to my daily diet and, boom, back to the progress I wanted.

As an active dude, you need to eat at least 2000 or more calories a day. I know it sounds scary, but try it for two to three weeks. If you don't like it and don't see progress, you can go back to the extreme low calorie count.