Running is bad user

>Running is bad user
>In 20 years you will need your knees replaced
How true is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2016/12/12/can-running-help-prevent-osteoarthritis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump?
I'm not trolling im legitimately asking.

Not as bad as its made out, jogging is the quintessential human exercise.

Anecdotally my father has run all his life and is 67 now, still running. Even skiing. I dont jog though, i do HIIT or cycling.

Running is hard on the knees but not as hard as being fat is. Ask joints wear out based on use. On average runners knees are better than the rest of the population but worse one you adjust for BMI

I've "ran" or "jogged" MAYBE a collective ten miles in my entire 20 years in this earth at the maximum and one of my knees is so bad that I can't go longer than four hours without sitting otherwise I get excruciating pain and ATG squats make me cry. You will get knee problems if you are inclined to knee problems no matter what, the only thing you can control is the severity and how fast. You know what I DID do? 100m sprints and long jumps. High impact destroyed me. Human beings are meant to run, we are not meant to be human racecars. Just go easy with it.

It came up when I was talking to me doctor and he said that its actually good for your joints and bone.

>Doctor is middle eastern

Not very, not unless you're doing sprints on pavement multiple times a week for years. There's nothing inherently injurious about running just like there's nothing inherently injurious about squatting. Shit can happen and you might get hurt out of bad luck, but at the end of the day, more muscle and a stronger heart are worth the risk.

is it true that running makes you taller?

Running strengthens your joints, but it can be harmful if you're obese.

might help with you posture making it seem that way

i also heard something about an HGH sprint?

I run between 3-30 miles a week and have been doing it for almost ten years. The only pains I get are occasional shin splints and hip pain but they are more just general soreness from running too far.

I have no chronic damage of any kind. The hip pain is normal after running 12+ miles and usually goes away after a 3 or 4 day break.

Every week or couple of weeks just read a few articles about proper form and shit.

It's something lazy people say. It's only people who don't run who say it.

Humans are designed to run. Apart from our big brains, running is our thing.

same guy here. apparently sprinting boosts your HGH by 300 percent or so.

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.

so fucking true. Used to be an athlete back in high school. Did intense training for 100m sprints. One day collapsed and experienced severe pain in my knees and hips on 400m sprint. Turns out I had developed arthritis because of the high impacts. GGWP

>Humans are designed to run
Doesn't mean it can't be bad for you
I don't understand why running is such a big thing when pools exist

Cause running is fun as fuck, at least outside it is. Swimming bores me to tears

Private pools cost thousands, public pools are always filled with people, making it impossible for serious swimming.

Running is free and you can do it anywhere at any time.

Running with shoes is bad for you

the fuck should i do in winter, im not a fucking nigger in africa

Combined with the work I do fucking my knees up slowly it probably applies to me. Main reason I prefer swimming/cycling.

It's one of those myths that pops up when fat people try to exercise and get hurt. Of course your knees are going to hurt if you're 100 lbs overweight and sedentary and then suddenly start jogging 15 miles a week.

Not true at all.
we have evolved into a running species. companies fucked that up by introducing think rubbery soles, and "air" to run on, which causes you to heel-strike and fuck up your joints.
beginners running often go way too hard and too often, and fucking up their joints. they simply don't have patience for the ligaments and tendons to keep up with the muscles, and then they get injured and blame running it-self.
beginners are often overweight and out of shape, and that will put extra stress on knees and joints, and they get injured.
minimalist running shoes and "five finger"-shoes are the best when it comes to running.
look at a small child running in bare feet; they land on their mid to forefoot just like nature intended.

painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2016/12/12/can-running-help-prevent-osteoarthritis

true if you're only running on concrete or asphalt, these surfaces are just too hard. run on a track, or grass, or a trail, etc, and you'll be good to go forever

Running is good for your health, won't harm your joints.
Running marathons in doc marten boots everyday might harm your joints.

Up to like 15 miles a week is good, very good.

More than that it's still good, but you start having more negative side effects.

No, but height exercises might

by the time 20 years rolls around it'll be 2037 and i bet they'll have some real kickass roboknees to stick in me. Bring it on

Jogging or running in moderation is excellent. Unless you're really short or built for running doing marathons or training like you're going to do a marathon is detrimental. Like any repetitive motion if you do it a lot you'll get injury and inflammation.

>exercising in other peoples saliva/urine/microscopic fecal matter
Gross
Never gonna make it

>breathing in other peoples farts to survive
Stop breathing right now.