In your opinion, what is the single most important first step to getting Veeky Forums?

In your opinion, what is the single most important first step to getting Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ow58yHEl_Ls
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Step 1:
Going to the gym

low bar squat 3x5 3x a week regardless of your training goals

Eating right. Anything else is number 2.

I don't feel balanced right when I do low bar, I shake on my way down. When I do high bar I go straight up and down no problems.

what do?

Put your mind to it

Self hatred

Might sound weird but.

For me, it was walking. Not counting calories or going to the gym or running, those things came later. It all started by just going on a little walk once a day for like two months.

lowbar squat 3x5 3x a week

make sure to barely do any upper body work

this will make the perfect physique

Diet. Just cut the shit out. Sodas, chocolate, fast food anything and everything that's classically bad. Drink more water, eat more veggies and meats. And get off your ass a little.

Oh and give up smoking.

t. Ex smoker

underrated

mindset

How long did it take to stop smoking? Did you do it while getting Veeky Forums or before?

Im currently dealing with this

bench press everyday. No one cares about your legs but mark rippetoe when he pounds your boipucci in the night and leaves a few gallon jugs of milk the next morning in your fridge.

If you are stuck in an office job - don't stay seated for long periods of time, get the blood flowing and at the very least walk around and do some push ups every hour. Stretch in the mornings and at night, and lift heavy with plenty of accessories for your arms. You don't have to eat super clean, just stop eating the shit you know is bad for you like soda, candy and fast food. Try to live an active lifestyle, and practice hobbies that are healthy and help you reach your goals.

lifting heavy weights

no if you bench more than 2x a week this is overtraining

your arms will come right off don't attempt

Not seeing as "lifting", going to the gym, or getting in your scheduled, routine exercise, as just that, something you need to do without exception barring extraordinary circumstances

Not something you do if you feel like it, or something you don't if you don't or are having a "bad day", feel tired, or whatever, you still pick up your weights and do what you planned to do

Once you have this conditioning down and it becomes a habit, part of your life, as opposed to an experiment or "free time" activity, this will continue for as long as you are able to do it

When I was 15 years old I got tired of being small and playing video games all the time so I committed to getting big, somehow. I started with Wal-Mart resistance bands and 10 lb. weights. It was a meme routine including push ups and crunches about 4 times a week but I did it. Then I worked in a shitty weight bench my grandpa gave me, could barely do 60 lbs. but I stuck with it.

I didn't look into an "optimal" workout routine diet, or any of that shit beforehand, I just did what I planned to do and it became a part of my life. Once I finally got into a real gym a year and a half later my gains took off because I applied myself better than most. Now I'm 22 and am benching 405 naturally. When people ask me "why" I lift I just feel confused because I can't think of a reason not to. 4-5 hours a week to dramatically improve your life in many regards.

So don't obsess over the niceties like routine, diet, "goal bodies" or other shit while starting out, just make a plan and stick ardently to it. Most people fail when they consider it a product of convenience.

what do if lowbar rips my shoulders apart

Muh nigguh

calories

whether you wanna be bigger or smaller. calories

Fpbp

Hit rock bottom.

?

Fpbp

nvm I googled it

>not doing 5x5
enjoy your no gains faggot

Acknowledge what you are and what you need to do to change that.

I don't fuck about with e cigs or vaping, just focus on what you want from your body, the amount of money you could spend on food/supplements/membership and the amount you've wasted. Why lift when the gains will be slowed by how much you're smoking? It's all perspective my friend.

Still miss it with a drink, but don't drink nowadays, all about dem gains.

Doing it.

Getting your diet on track

Develop discipline

nice try Rippletits

This. Worked for me, too. Listening to music helps with it, also for mental health in my case.

Home gym "master race" BTFO

Bullshit.

I eat like shit (candies, cookies) etc and I still make gains.

1. Going to gym at least once a week
2. Barbell compounds
3. Isolations
4. Eating right
5. Cardio

That doesn't make you fit.
Though I suppose it makes you """Veeky Forums""" because who here actually cares about fitness?
Either way, you would look and perform better if you ate less shit.

Anyway, my thoughts on what is most important, is simply just finding discipline.
If you don't consider giving up, then everything will fall into place.

post pic

Warm your shoulders properly and start your warmup sets with a wider grip and narrow it down as you go along

reading about mindfulness, and setting VALUE centered goals first. not emotional or objective goals "I want to be 210lb at 6'1 and I'm doing it all for wimmin because I'm sad"

do it for shit like being a powerful fuckin man, being a valuable strong human being. personally, power is my main value. basically a mission statement.

after that, short term and even long term goals are just details. it's your mission that will get you into the gym every every week, not emotionally punishing yourself like most people try to do. this is proven sports psychology, and I'd recommend looking into that/mindfulness further.

Reading the sticky.

Go lift weights and run because you need to do it, and not because you want to. Make training the center of your life and your reason for living. You need to get stronger: its that simple.

Sleep nigga

Posture is suprisingly important.
Especially you manlets out there who would kill for another inch of height. If you have anterior pelvic tilt, you can gain an inch of height by simply fixing your posture.

Dude, I've been trying to fix my apt for so long now, and I've seen no results at all. Hip flex or stretches every day, abdominal exercises, I've started doing glute bridges. I don't even know what to try anymore.

Consistency

/thread

You probably have sway back. Stretch your hamstrings.

noice

En-en-en enjo-joy th-the enjoy the the m-ment

upvoted

consistency. as some people mentioned in this thread like going for walks, or having a good diet or starting to lift weights. It doesnt matter where anyone here started its more important that they all ended up together and its because they were consistent in something, anything that was positive.

Consistency is the key to it all, whether it be in your training, you cardio, your diet or whatever. A mediocre routine and poor diet that is consistent will get you further than that guy who is super dedicated and counting calories for 2 months then quits.

Its the golden ingredient in all of this; the ability to go day in day out, walk into the gym and walk out, shovel that brocolli down over and over. Without this it doesnt matter

post pic

Post pic

discontent works as well.

Haha dont worry about it bro. I low bar because im tall so it helps with the bar path. Short people have a better time with high bar it keeps the bar above the middle of the foot during the movement.

Overtraining.... if i had a pound.... if only you knew how difficult it is to overtrain and how long it takes for the symptoms to occur. Forget about overtraining please bro. You'll know when you're there.

clean and press 200 times a week 1x bodyweight

youtube.com/watch?v=Ow58yHEl_Ls

Consistency of workouts.