This son of a bitch says calories in calories out is a complete and total lie...

This son of a bitch says calories in calories out is a complete and total lie. Has Veeky Forums been lying to me this entire time? Who is telling the truth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YoA5yAvbN5U
youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U
reddit.com/r/fitnesscirclejerk/comments/2194ts/is_there_a_specific_countertaubes_copy_pasta/cgautal/
cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
youtube.com/watch?v=DflAgJVy2no
youtube.com/watch?v=Ntx_doIaPek
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=YoA5yAvbN5U

He killed himself though because he's too stupid. That and he never lifted without roids

He roided. I'm on cycle now and eating way more than I should and shedding fat, so yeah it would make sense that he would say that. Not taking anything away from him tho, he was aesthetic as fuck.

calories in calories out is obviously true because of the conservation of energy. but you will lose calories faster if you, say, stopped eating processed foods because your body can't digest them as well.

iifym is the lie.

It's true.

I've been trying to tell people this for years.

I'm not a ketofag, in fact I hate it, but calories in calories out is only good for fat fucks and as a basic guideline.

Veeky Forums always talks shit about brown rice and laughing at people that stay away from white bread etc but the fact is, low GI foods ARE better than high GI foods when it comes to weight loss.

The body isn't so fucking simple as calories in vs calories out. Could, insulin and hormones are all part of the equation and ignoring them is ignorant

It always comes back to "healthy" meals of meat and veggies. High carb shit post workout if you want to dial in your macros better

how is iifym a lie. a good macro split and going over your tdee is fact for gainz

>Could
Wtf, meant cortisol***

Read above. All macros aren't created equal.

Thinking your body reacts the same from 40g of carbs from soda and 40g of carbs from brown rice is ignorant.

I'm gonna try keto for a few months. I've been at 201 lbs for a while now and I really wanna get rid of the rest of my belly fat and love handles. Hopefully it works.

You have a good keto diet infopic or something i can take a look at as guidelines?

>The body isn't so fucking simple as calories in vs calories out.
Everything is that simple. Its a law of physics. Energy in = energy out.

Not really. Diet is basically meat, eggs, coconut oil and greens. Around 1700-1800 calories. 120g fat 150g protein. Protein is high, but I don't care.

It does. I switched over to keto from a normal cut diet last week. Idk if it makes you lose weight any faster but staying at my deficit has become EZ mode, and none of my lifts have gone down.

Any snack foods i could mix in during the day to stay on the keto diet? I'm thinking almonds shit like that?

No. You're wrong. And I don't have the time to explain how stupid that is. But here's a start.

Energy is energy. Yes. Congrats on physics 101. However the effects of increased cortisol and spiking blood sugar EVEN IF YOUR CALORIES ARE ON POINT can affect your weight loss. Significantly.

Stop being a fucking faggot and do some research.

The hard part is it's really hard to quantify calories out, you can get an okay estimate on your TDEE but it really varies from person to person. One of the reasons intermittent fasting and controlling the types of food you eat help is because you remove a few more variables in calories in and calories out. Different foods are metabolized differently and metabolism differs from person to person and even day to day.

Hey bruvs, if you're trying to lose weight fast do PSMF.

Basically extremely low calorie diet if only tuna and broccoli or similar and lots of caffeine and water. One refeed on the weekend.

It's brutal and obviously not for long term use but you'll shred up to a pound every other day and not lose much muscle.

Yeah none of my lifts have gone down either lol. I'm actually gaining strength on squat and deadlift. Although I've only been training for 6 months so I'm still a beginner. Stats aren't that bad though.
I usually just do peanuts. Almonds are expensive as fuck lol.

t. fuckwit

You cant beat physics, retard. You arent creating energy. If you consume fewer calories, you will lose weight. Period.

Gonna have to agree with this.

Can you build muscle while maintaining your TDEE or do you have to bulk?
I'm in a situation right now where because I neglected the gym for half a year I lost gains but also gained weight so I'm cutting right now and lifting to keep from losing more gains and once I get my bf% down to an acceptable level I plan to try build my muscle back up, can I do that without having to bulk and thereby undo my cut? or can I just Eat at maintenance and build muscle by eating a lot of protein and lifting?

>calories in calories out
>dildos in dildos out

>one guy eats 2000 calories of only sugar everyday
>one guy eats 2000 calories of only whey protein isolate everyday
>one guy eats 2000 calories of only lard everyday

According to the calories in/calories out believers, all 3 of those guys will have the same weight loss or gains because the amount of calories. But anyone with basic knowledge of how the body reacts to different foods knows that isn't true.

You can lose weight on a low calorie diet, but what those calories are comprised of will determine whether you are losing fat or muscle.

Expect to shit water for a week or so and be constantly craving carbs
Also you're so limited in what you can eat
Did it once and went back to calorie counting since it's less annoying

You'll never get this fact across to fit morons. They spend too much time bathing in bad science.

>inb4 they keep claiming you will still lose weight, as if that is the argument

Erm nope because you're ignoring factors contributing to calorific intake and output

Thermal effect of food increases calories out
Bioavialability affects calories in
Etc etc

Fucking retards are too simple to understand what I'm saying

This

I'm not fucking arguing about energy you dumbasses I'm talking about biology and utilization of the energy

Yes. Eat nothing and lose weight. That's how fat fucks do it. IM NOT ARGUING THAT POINT.

I'm talking about for US, fit people, that are advanced in training and diet and need to dial it in more

The body is more complicated than JUST calories consumed. READ MORE ABOUT INSULIN AND CORTISOL

Yes, the way your body uses and stores energy can change depending on your hormones and diet. No, the total amount of energy does not change based on the source of the energy. You will not fail to lose weight if you are consuming less than you are using. Your body cannot create or destroy energy. Its not a difficult concept.

>READ MORE
stopped reading there

Nobody is arguing that body composition is based on what you eat. We were telling you that youre retarded for denying calories in calories out

It's really not that complicated. The body is pretty straight forward. Stop reading so much shit pushed out by these scientists that don't even lift.

medfag here, insulin and cortisol won't play much of a role in slowing down weight loss as they will in controlling levels of satiety, both of which are important in weight loss

are they the be-all end-all that completely refute calories-in, calories-out? no. but like you said earlier, it's important to get your calories from low GI foods, since those can prevent cravings

You should try explaining your argument at the beginning rather than just insulting people that are posting facts.

this

That's only calories in, what you eat will affect your performance and how efficiently you can burn those calories. But all three of those dudes will feel like shit and not do anything.

I'd wager he doesn't really know what he's talking about, considering the extent of his explanation is just

CORTISOL

INSULIN

that would mean kicking out rice + oats out of the diet, seems pretty hard to me

it is hard lol

They'll have different body compositions at the same weight.

>Thermal effect of food increases calories out
>Bioavailability effects calories in
>Etc etc

This would mean that the amount and type of weight loss would differ depending on the composition of the calories taken in. You prove my point but still say, 'Erm nope'.

another medfag here, 3rd year. there are studies with direct correlation between insulin and weight gain, even on caloric deficits. this is because the FUNCTION of insulin is to USE blood glucose, either by being transported into the cell via insulin transport proteins or being stored as triglyceride in adipose tissue. your body can adjust bmr to suit its needs, and when in the presence of insulin, it DECREASES your bmr. it's not the end all be all of calories in-calories out. it's just adjusting it because your body can redistribute where those calories go.

if you want a really concise explanation without doing a whole lot of the reading, look into jason fung's videos on the topic. here's the most applicable one.
youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U

It's true literally. It just isn't helpful because your calories out varies in immeasurable ways due to a variety of factors, including the types of food you eat.

As long as you keep protein high, carb vs. fat ratio does not matter, and this has been demonstrated in all the literature time and time again.

reddit.com/r/fitnesscirclejerk/comments/2194ts/is_there_a_specific_countertaubes_copy_pasta/cgautal/

Yeah, the types of calories you eat matters.
The more you decrease the calories from protein the shittier the results.

Physics fag here. If calories in calories out weren't true you would be violating the first law of thermodynamics.

Count the calories in each person's shit, respiration, sweat, tissue, and body heat and you will be able to find those 2000 calories every time. They probably won't be distributed the same because human digestion isn't a basic furnace but there will still be 2000 calories.

Not the level people are trying to imply, and that other guy is right, a significant amount of research on the topic of high carb vs low carb has shown via meta-analysis it makes 0 difference in total fat loss on a diet.

The only noticeable difference was the low carbs dropped weight faster the first week, and then stabilised with the high carb diet.

People also overestimate how much protein you need to avoid catabolism, a low carb diet is most definitely overkill in this regard.

fpbp

memers BTFO

Your post was completely worthless

counting calories with myfitnesspal works for me

wow who is this MD PhD talking meme diets

the guy eating lard only will lose the most weight btw. keto.

if he eats lard only but below maintenance level of calories he'll lose weight

same with twinkies
cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

i never understood this argument about weight loss or weight gain simply because it just assumes the body cannot tell the difference between 2000 calories of straight carbs and 2000 calories of carbs, fats, vitamins, minerals and proteins. Let me ask you this, if it really is as simple as energy in= energy out why then should people make the effort to try to eat healthier? Isn't all foods creating the same amount of energy depending on how many calories it has, nothing else being accounted for?

good fucking lord, publicly hosting that much misinformation should require some sort of punishment.

it's to the same level as people who talk about green smoothies to cure cancer.

should be a capital offence.

willfully and deceptively spreading information that will harm others in order to profit

It is important to mention that your strength will go absolutely shit and you'll have to rebuild from scratch

>hey guys can I build a house if I just feed the workers but not provide them with cement blocks and shovels and stuff?

I'm just pointing out that calories from protein are key.
Sure, swapping the calories from fat or carbs doesn't matter as long as enough calories from protein is in the mix. Meaning that types of calories, protein calories, does make a difference in the type of mass that's lost.

Fucking retard its true, he has literally proven it. 21 days of eating 4000cals a day and lost two pounds. Dont hate cuz ur a fatcunt faggot

Post the studies

Eat a lot of eggs, sausage, bacon and spinach. Dont try to get too much protein in. It was hard for me to believe at first but u really should only eat 20% protein from ur calories

U shit and shit has calories u fucktard

U should care, thats way too much protein, less protein more fat. Its called protein neogenesis or something, its where u consume too much protein and turns it into glucose which fucks with ketosis

Take a leap of faith my man

He was a positive guy and a great inspiration, it's sad he used roids more so because I think his heart just couldn't handle it :(
It IS that simple but at the same time isn't. If someone eating a relatively healthy diet but too much of it follows calories in, calories out they'll do fine. A fatty fuck eating garbage doing calories in, calories out, might also lose weight just because they're eating less (but they'll eventually plateau).

But obviously the micro and macro nutrients matter too, that's why people track carbs and sugar on top of calories.

If I ONLY went by calories in, calories out I'd still be gaining weight because my calories say I can eat more but my nutrients do not (i've been eating a fit diet plan too).
But combining both is what makes for success.

Just like you can't only diet or only exercise and lose weight (for most people), a combination of both is ideal for optimal health.

Why would you listen to a fuccboi who only made it because of roids, had shit strength levels, and died at fucking 22?

youtube.com/watch?v=DflAgJVy2no

youtube.com/watch?v=Ntx_doIaPek

Because you don't want to be thin but die at 40 from heart disease? Are the people on this board really this fucking dumb?

>itt: 7 anecdotes thatll make you think "fuck the first law of thermodynamics an sheit"

>What you eat can't affect the hormones in your body which definitely wont change how many calories you burn.

Really made me think.

>What you eat can't affect the hormones in your body which definitely wont change how many calories you burn.
So... the energy you ingest is stored to be used as energy later? So it doesn't violate the law? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ok try and eat 1 twinkie a day for a year then report back.

what are you eating that you believes affects your metabolic rate by a measurable amount for more than a short time?

There's more to it, but it's fine as a general guideline.

We are talking about losing weight not just losing fat or muscle you autistic fuck

the two defining factors are still the calories your body takes in and the calories your body puts out

hence calories in/calories out is correct

'the sums make my head hurt' doesn't make the equation wrong brainlet

>insulin is a fat storing hormone
must be why bodybuilders inject that stuff

Do we also get to see which roids he uses and what he actually eats off cam ? if you believe this dipshit you must be a really smart person