What are some of the most brutal conflicts in history? By that I mean the one with the most malice...

What are some of the most brutal conflicts in history? By that I mean the one with the most malice, atrocities committed, etc. Not necessarily body count.
I know of WW1 and WW2 would be the easy answers but I'm interested in lesser-known conflicts than those.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Münster_rebellion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livonian_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The 30 years war is a good place to start

What I've heard the Mercenary War between Carthage and its former mercenary troops was quite horrendous.

dutch conquest of Indonesia

Iran-Iraq War had the worst elements of WW1, WW2 and modern Muslim warfare all rolled into one.

>1 million dead civilians
>Trench warfare
>Nerve gas attacks
>Suicide bombers
>Child soldiers
>Iran even used suicide children squadrons to clearout mines, known as "martyrs"
>Genocide of the Kurds
>Lasted 10 long years
>End result: Statu quo ante bellum, making the whole thing pointless

Definetely these
Interesting

Can't forget the Rwandan CW and Congo Wars.

The greek/Armenian genocide post wwi in the ottoman empire.

The Liberian Civil War

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Münster_rebellion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livonian_War

Butt naked? Is that you?

>Genocide of the Kurds
>bad

The Greek-Turkish war following World War I was incredibly brutal and merciless, since both sides were hyped up to an extreme with feelings of nationalism and religious/ethnic fanaticism. The brutality inflicted by both sides - but especially the Greeks (during the war at least, when they burnt down hundreds of villages indiscriminately) - is a major reason why the countries hate each other even to this day.

You forgot the one bit where the Iraqis ran power lines into a swamp and then electrocuted thousands of Iranians who tried to run through it.

lmfao, the absolute madmen

They hate each other to this day because the Turks stole all their land.

The Ancient Greeks were pretty brutal. They went to war with the objective of inflicting as much bloodshed as possible towards their opponents.

Grant's Overland Campaign of 1864 was an absolute killing field. He used head-on tactics against Lee, probably because he was intimidated by Lee's reputation. But it eventually worked.

the third taranaki war of the new zealand wars was full of malice, atrocities and even cannibalism. small war on the scale of the world. but it was fierce.
i imagine most of the wars against natives were just as brutal.

Second Sino-Japanese War
Salvadoran Civil War
Syrian Civil War
American Civil War
Vietnam War

The Black War, which nearly exterminated the Aboriginal Tasmanians

The Mercenary wars where Carthage's mercenary army from the First Punic war turned against them were considered infamously brutal even for their day. The mercenaries were pissed because Carthage was refusing to pay them, arguing that they couldn't afford to because they were also paying reparations to Rome. The mercenary leader made a point of ruthlessly torturing to death every Carthaginian he managed to capture, usually by breaking their arms and legs before throwing them down into a hole and burying them alive.

Rape of nanking

The Spanish Inquisition
The Burning Times/Witch Hunts throughout Europe
Battle at Wounded Knee

Start with the Assyrians. They were the first that popularized large scale atrocities.

edgy

I've always wondered, is that Catholics hanging Protestants or Protestants hanging Catholics? Or maybe it's something entirely different.

The Siege of Tenochtitlan. Eleven weeks of brutal urban warfare that ended in the destruction of both the city and it's people.

He's not edgy he's a t*rk

This. Saddam was a hero for killing all those cunts.

Unironically protestants hanging other protestants

But...... why?

I’ve become convinced that with the past history and thousands of sects arguing with each other, Any Christian who claims to be the true Christian is trying to sell you something.

Literally whose particular interpretation of Christianity is right.

Ancient as in bronze age?
I had the impression that in the 800 B.C., and forward, their wars was basically big brawls on agreed upon battlefields (the peloponnesian war being an exception).

Mehmet, my son

Nope. Classical. I made a thread about it.
>>>/4062544/

Basically what youre describing is the old limited warfare spiel despite our sources telling us the opposite. The Greeks main goal in war was to butcher as much people as they could. The building of trophies in the battlefield was the celebration of the slaughter against the enemy.

See:
My bad

The American Civil War wasn't as brutal as those others. It was pretty destructive though.

The Paraguayan War
The Imjin Wars

Daily reminder that sweden has always been the true enemy of european christianity and absolutely deserves to get cucked by feminist cunts and abduls:

>During the wars the Commonwealth lost approximately one third of its population as well as its status as a great power

>According to Professor Andrzej Rottermund, manager of the Royal Castle in Warsaw, the destruction of Poland in the deluge was more extensive than the destruction of the country in World War II.Rottermund claims that Swedish invaders robbed the Commonwealth of its most important riches, and most of the stolen items never returned to Poland.
>Warsaw, the capital of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, was completely destroyed by the Swedes, and out of a pre-war population of 20,000, only 2,000 remained in the city after the war. According to the 2012 Polish estimates, financial losses of Poland are estimated at four billion złotys. Swedish invaders completely destroyed 188 cities and towns, 81 castles, and 136 churches in Poland.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)

Pic related for me

Bump

Isn't it rev Butt naked now? They let that psycho off with a slap on the wrist.

Good.