What's the point of counting reps/ and sets?

What's the point of counting reps/ and sets?
Just workout until you're tired for fucks sake.

Lift and find out

stupid people who don't think logically.

stopping at a certain rep number just because the program said so is the most retarded thing you could possibly do (if you feel like you could still do more sets/reps).

the real answer tho is that then you should adjust weights but dont quit your sets if you could still pump out more reps.

0/10

but what if I accidentally do 7 reps

>stopping at a certain rep number just because the program said so
Do people actually do this? I aim for a specific amount of reps (3, 5, etc) and adjust the weight accordingly.

I thought only women did that

If you do 5x5 then just do 3reps next set

because the relation is not linear and starts to plateau and even decline (produce negative results) past a certain total reps amount

This lol, pic related everything i do in the gym is random including number of sets and reps. I just lift until exhaustion

manlet

the point is that muscle growth is not random, that certain patterns and approaches work better than others.
"how you happen to feel today" is not the optimal growth plan.

that said, my 5x5 is never 5x5. it is 4 sets of 5 and one set of as many as i can do. when #5 hits, say, 8 or 9 reps, i up the weight.

Tfw I used to think this and eat like shit. I made no gains my first 8 months...

Never understood this. Why do you plebs even use weights? Just do dozens of bw squat and you will too get tired.

what do you do for chest?

>godly insertions x2

>What's the point of counting reps/ and sets?
At my gym if you do a prime number of reps then the staff put you in the timeout room so you gotta be careful.

same here, i just keep lifting until i'm too fatigued to lift any more. some people have weak bodies that can't even go to the gym everyday and they need a little notebook to keep track.

>2017
>Not lifting according to Fibonacci sequence
Never gonna make it

Your gains will go to the shadow realm

>Lifting according to Fibonacci
>Not lifting according to Ackermann sequences

Enjoy your shitty primitive recursive gains.

>lifting to a computable function
im literally lmaoing at ur life

Hey Stacy stop squattin and get over here gurl, we got some nerds at the gym

I can't really wrap my head around how some people can be as fucking dumb as you.

>risking stopping in the 6-7 rep nogainz range

Steroids, judging by that acne and claim of training randomly like most steroid takers do.

I do it because my back is fucked from lifting with shit form in highschool. If i do to much it hurts like a motherfucker

Enjoy your uneven / no gainz faggot

Negative progress

>Not writing a recursive calculation of the factorial equation, in Lisp to calculate you next set.

then why aren't you benching the bar for 3 sets of 23598745 reps?

WTF I hate Boris Sheiko now?????

Or you could just make the last set of each exercise AMRAP

2 reps worth of atrophy

>literally a /fraud/ poster

Why are your arms so short

YOU'RE RETARDED GTFO OF MY BOARD DYEL

Daily reminder this is what b8 looks like

>what is autoregulation

Y'all need to lurk more desu

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?
So if u do 5x5, but u feel like u can do 8 reps on the first set, you should do them? What if i get to tired on my next sets??

non english here