Will atheism make the world less interesting?

Will atheism make the world less interesting?

If it had a chance in hell to be the populist choice, yes, but even so, it wouldn't last forever, desire to know the unknowable is too grand and important to the human scheme of things, belief in God would just reappear, and in some new variety. My bet is on animism, or techno-animism of some kind.

Yes people have residues of superstition and memories of childhood impressions and fears but it is the work of an adult to rise above these hindrances to development,both personal and human.

I've never seen atheist on a list like that, it always just say "unaffiliated"

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

Yes

>Doesnt want to live in a fairy garden full of women

>atheism will not crumble together with the white man

Inshallah

A garden can't be beautiful if there is no god

Why? This place is looks nice and I'm pretty sure there is no God.

No

What a disgusting looking garden.

Considering religiously unaffiliated people are in decline as a global percentage, I'd say the world will MORE interesting if your premise is true.

Go outside or travel once in a while.

You don't have to worry, atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world.

>second religiosity
>genuine religious experience
Pick one

I've learnt that reality is stranger than fiction. Religion and supernatural concepts are pretty lame compared to space robots and nuclear science. Criticality events result in death-flash of radiation like the killing curse in Harry Potter. It's like magic but real.

A perplexing and discomforting attitude

The only thing I could see an atheist finding more interesting and mysterious in their world view would be the existence and beginning of the universe from nothing but that's arguable at best.
Everything else is far more interesting in the non atheist view aside from perhaps agnosticism.

I don't follow. You doubt that 1.8 billion of today's Muslims are "true Muslims"?

only if you're a brainlet

How are over simplified explanations for things more interesting than reality? Magic is only 'more interesting' to a brainlet with no experience.

the rise of atheism only means two things

that when push comes to shove
there are no atheists in foxholes

after atheism wanes a new sect of Christianity usually emerges.

>fairy garden
>full of women

laddie...

Probably not, we'll just start seeing a lot more cults

>y-you'll come crawling back, you'll see!

I think something like 97% of converts are people converting to Atheist. The only reason Christian and Muslim religions are growing so rapidly is MENA and SSA birth rates. Over time, many of those kids will convert to atheist or generally unaffiliated beliefs.

Well, if religion fails, there is still transhumanism. Kinda works like the faith from old, only that it does not require any supernatural elements. You can built a artificial paradiese and the explore the possibilities of sapience.

>Christians in MENA
>Rapidly increasing in population
>When they were just kicked out of the homeland they've been in for over 2000 years
If anything, Muslims will continue in population growth until the atheists who have 0-2 kids max will die out and be replaced. In the end it'll be a stand off between actual Christians and Muslims.

>I think something like 97% of converts are people converting to Atheist.

Source?

>The only reason Christian and Muslim religions are growing so rapidly is MENA and SSA birth rates.

Pretty obvious, but don't underestimate the influence these religions still have.

>Over time, many of those kids will convert to atheist or generally unaffiliated beliefs.

If the predictions say atheism is in decline, then no. Unless you have some proof that after 2060 atheism will suddenly have an upwards trend.

Considering the fact that atheists in a lot of cases just exchange their religiosity with fanatic politics or some kind of New Age mumbo jumbo, not really.

Unless you think a world where people think crystals can heal cancer is more interesting then no.

If there is no ultimate beauty then beautiful things have no meaning. They are reduced to things that shoot dopamine into our primate brains, and dada art would become the most “correct” art.

What kind of cults?

Eh I have seen enough gardens without the fairies a garden is fucking boring.

Science is fucking boring that's why.

heavens gate, scientologist, jones town etc

While i'm not really religious, too lazy to really care, going to the cathedrals and church services in Europe were pretty fucking cool.

Like I was in Salzburg for Christmas and got a little buzzed and met with some friends to go to church and they have that gregorian chant shit, and no shit it was one of the coolest things i'd ever seen, completely lit by candles, everyone somehow knowing the words in latin, was super comfy

pic not related, just my favorite cathedral

There would be less shitpost threads like this

It will make it less retarded. Too bad we will still have far right and left wing

Sigh.

>t. Simpleton.

no because atheism will never become the dominant religion in any country. Atheists turn into more and more of an autistic meme everyday, not to mention the vast majority of women believe in some supernatural phenomena of some sort if not a god, and they are the majority of humans.

>If the predictions say atheism is in decline
It's only in decline in relative numbers, due to Muslims breeding like rabbits. In absolute numbers atheists are growing. Because third world countries with highly religious populations will decrease their birthrates as they develop, the trend of Christians and Muslims breeding a lot in undeveloped countries won't hold forever.

Women are memes

How do you do a prediction like this?

This is almost as bullshit as IQ

Depends on what you mean by "interesting". Religion, in theory, benefits both the individual and society. I'm curious to see what kind of alternatives a truly atheist society would come up with.

>IQ is bullshit

It is. This is coming from someone with an (((((((((((above average IQ)))))))))))))))

I would certainly hope so.

Disregarding whether or not it is a good measure of intelligence (i think it is but w/e), it's an incredibly good measure of education and predictor for success later on in life.