You've started your cut for the Summer beach season already... r-right guys?

You've started your cut for the Summer beach season already... r-right guys?

No I am too shy to go to the beach but I am cutting so that when my house is warm during the summer it's a little more bearable lying in my depressed state all day.

No I'm stuck bulking for a long time I have to gain 40 lbs then lose 15

1200 calories yesterday

I'm at ~12% so I'm going to lean bulk for 8 weeks before I do my final pre-summer cut.

Started early last month and I have lost 2kg so far. I still have 10kg to go before I hit my goal weight and won't make it in time. I'm going to cut through summer and winter then roid next spring because fuck it

how do you set those numbers?

I've bulked for 18 months, 65kg to 87kg.
Started cut 6 weeks ago, down 7 kg.
Am I going too fast? I've always been skinny but reached about 20-25% and need to be beach ready in may

Im two months into my cut my niggy

Started in january and lost 6 lbs so far. Another 10 or so to go and I'll be set

even since i started lifting like a year and a half ago i only managed to put on about 15 pounds of muscle. needless to say cutting isn't even an option for a spooky skelly lanklet like me until late june/early july

recomp because I hate cutting
might cut for a month in May if I feel like it

Yes, but not because of summer or anything, but because I was dangerously close to superheavies without being strong enough to justify so.

Damn right. Gotta be ready to flex a 'cep. I've lost a lot of bf, I was up pretty high back in 'ceptember. I'm very excited for the summer desu, it's my first time being able to go out to the beach and be in fitness mode

need more mass

Summer seaons is just ending where I live

Time to eat everything on sight

Im at 19% bf ill start cutting soon

19% in March? You fucking blew it. Pack it up and just hope for the best next year.

Back injury start of feb, went full retard for 3 weeks, drinking, smoking, no sport.
Got back on track last week, IF+cardio.
Will start lfting again in 2-3 weeks, maybe do a cut in April, depending how I look by then.

5'11". I was up to 180 lbs back in February. I'm down to 170.2. I was aiming for 155 as a rough goal, but I don't think I'll need to go that low to hit my actual goal of trimming away the last of my love handles and belly pouch. It's frustrating, because the rest of me is lean and I want to hop back on a bulk, but it's so disappointing to be developing chest, back, and shoulders while your gut looks loose and ill defined. Using yohimbine, but I don't know if it's helping.

Do noobies just think you can cut for a month and be lean?

You lose a lb a week on a good cut. So with a month cut you'll lose 3.5 lbs of fat and 0.5 lbs of muscle. Are going to be lean after losing ~3.5 lbs of fat? If you can't already see ALL of your abs, then the answer is NO.

Most of you dummies are floating between 18-22% BF judging by CBTs. If you start cutting NOW, you might be lean by the end of July/beginning of August.

Much needed dose of reality.

>tfw bulked too hard and cutting will be over by fall

I'd rather not be lean than go on a cut for more than a month buddy. And I'm not a "noobie", I boxed for years but have gotten lazy in my 30s

At 15%, need to get to 10% (good enough for me). It's a 10lb drop. Is it too late for me? Summer bulk?

>You lose a lb a week on a good cut
Lmao I lose 2-3 lbs per week when I cut at 1,600 kcal/day. How short are you to only lose 1?

Where do you live?

>I have to gain 40 lbs

You do realize gaining 40lbs (lean muscle) depending on your height and frame is either a lifetime goal or never attainable as natural?

that is muscle and water weight idiot.

5lbs of fat per month is the absolute max you can do without losing all your gains. weight =/= fat

He said he has to gain 40 lbs, then lose 15. Why would he want to lose 15 lbs of lean muscle? He's obviously talking about total bodyweight gain/loss.

You lost water weight

I'm sure you have studies showing this and it's not just your personal experience...

Im 6ft and bench and squat60lbs.....watch me bitch.

>losing water weight past the first week
Lmao you sound jelly af t b h. If you continue lifting and getting enough protein, you minimize the metabolization of lean muscle tissue. If I was dropping 2 lbs of muscle every week like you say, my lifts would be plummeting precipitously. They're not.

You're just losing your muscle that you worked hard to gain at that type of deficit. Also, at the start of your cut (first month) you're also losing a bunch of water and glycogen.

If you actually used calipers ( I can tell that you don't), you'd know that you're not losing 2-3 lbs of fat per week (without mast or Winny).

I am 6'0". Thanks for asking.

For anyone that want's to know. That's Leanna Decker. She's done nude photoshoots for Playboy.

Yes I have, started 1st jan like a true nyr fag. Im down 7 kilos (Like 15 pounds I think) by now. Ive been eating 2,2k kcal a day of which around 160 g of protein a day.

Ive dropped the volume of my lifts but kept the intensity aka weight on the bar, and my lifts have gone up a little. Slow progress, but I assumed a little backwards slide so it's all good.

Yep.
Already about 12% maybe lower. Cutting for a vacation at the end of this month. But will keep it going and be absolutely shredded for mid summer.

How is eating at a 500 cal deficit excessive when everybody recommends it?

It's not. Dont listen to that nigger, lyle mcdonald for example recommends going lower than 500 kcal a day. A shorter cut is more efficient as it doesnt drain the person of motivation and keeps the body in a non calorie surplus state for a shorter amount of time. There isnt much reason to not go -800 kcal instead of -500 kcal.

ROLF

Im 188 cm aka 6 foot 2. Hows that, bitch?

>8 week bulk
Just start now, it always takes longer than you think especially sub 10% and 8 weeks is pointless for a bulk

Keep your protein high and you shouldn't lose any muscle mass.

God I hate fucking mongs that think your body instantly burns through protein on a higher deficit. Body primarily burns fat for energy first and foremost. 3-4 lbs a week is totally reasonable with very minimal or no muscle loss.

I'd shoot myself in the face losing at 1lb/week

Can you get stronger on a cut?

I thought I was going crazy. The sticky and my TDEE calculator recommend 500 cal deficit for a gradual cut. This is the first I've seen anybody argue that you shed muscle at that kind of deficit, regardless of macros.

My shoulders are gaining definition, still have lat width, my shirts are still tight in the chest, and my arms look fine. My pants are fitting better, though. I don't feel like I'm melting muscle, so I didn't have cause for concern until this thread.

You can make CNS gains, so yes, especially as a beginner.

>3-4 pounds a week
>10,500-14,000 cal deficit a week
>1,500-2000 cal deficit a day
>minimal muscle loss
Go troll somewhere else fag

I'm at a 90kg bench. Would it be possible to get it up to 100kg in the next ~3 months on a cut or is that asking too much?

Yea, at least more likely than gaining muscle. Drop volume (amount of total sets and reps, like 4x10 to 3x8) and keep the intensity/increase it if you can aka progress on it (weight on the bar youre lifting).

You need to keep the intensity up to not go backwards progress wise on a cut. Thats probably the biggest reason it's reasonable to go for more strenght focused training on a cut and add in more work when on a calorie surplus.

No idea. Just try. I strength train during cuts and volume train for hypertrophy during bulks.

Dude as a natural there is no way to prevent muscle loss to some degree, mainly determined by genetics. You can minimize that loss by smaller deficits and lifting heavy, just keep on keeping on

He's not talking about pure fat loss.

>1,500-2,000 deficit a day
You're the troll. Fuck out of here.

>permabulk

So are you chopping limbs off? Food weight and water weight loss is gone after the first week, the only thing left is fat and muscle.
That's how much it would take to lose 3-4 pounds a week you fucking idiot

I'm aware. Ripp makes it clear you can't gain muscle without fat and can't lose fat without muscle.

It's about skewing the ratio with diet composition and lifting. I'm not suggesting I'm losing zero muscle. I'm suggesting I'm not evaporating my gains by eating at a 500 cal deficit.

What are you implying here? That a 2,000 a day deficit isn't unrealistic, or that the numbers don't add up?

the one benifit of forever small, is I'm always cut for the beach.

I lose 2-3 per week and don't cut nearly that steeply. You're calculating shit wrong. Try actually cutting some time.

Yeah 2k kcal deficit is not realistic. You claim it is, youre retarded.

Do you count calories lost to cardio when calculating your total for the day?

I think you're being imprecise. Eating 2,000 cal a day =/= eating at a 2,000 deficit. HUGE difference.

No I didn't. It was claimed that that's the deficit required to lose the amount of fat you claim you can in a week.

Nobody implied that anywhere in this thread.

Anecdotal experience is absolutely useless when one is talking about weight loss on a general / science based level.

Started 6 weeks ago. Lost ~3kgs so far, perfectly on track to losing 2kg a month, and I'm not counting calories.
I can already see the outline of the top four abs in certain lightning, whereas I could barely see the top 2 before.

I'm gonna get real toned for summer. Then I'm gonna stay inside alone as usual.

Lol if anything, your posts scream neckbeard who dieted for 1 week and think he knows everything. I've been well under 10%, and can tell you the lower you get under 10% as a natural, you start getting excited at .5 pounds of loss a week.

And there is no debating that it takes 3500 cal deficit to lose 1 pound of fat, thats just the facts

If your understanding of science says my experience is impossible, then I submit you have a poor understanding of the science.

Nig I said I've been on a cut since February. I'm about five weeks in and down just under 10 lbs. Yes, the forget I get, the slower the loss becomes. You're not contradicting anything I've said, but you're implying implications all over the place.

keep on keeping on lowIQbrah

>If basic thermodynamics contradicts what I'm saying on an anonymous image board, obviously you're wrong and I'm right

Sounds like a good portion of that weight loss is coming from the cerebral region

>MFW I can only eat 2500 calories per day

No, I'm saying you don't understand thermodynamics, because you're telling me what I did was impossible. It happened, so it's possible, so you're confused and wrong.

I realized I got way too fat so I have to lose like 30 lbs in 3 months. Started about a month ago and lost 10 already so 20 more to go. I think I am going to need to lose like 15 lbs more past that though.

I could cut down to get lean, it probably would take less than a couple months, but then I wouldn't look like I lifted at all when I wear clothes. Hm

Any bros got some tips on bulking? I've been lifting for 6 weeks, noticing some changes in my pecs and shoulders but my weight has been mostly static.

137lbs - 5'9", What are good snacks to increase my calorie intake?

Take a huge spoon of peanut butter and wash it down with a glass of milk. You're now gaining weight.

yeah ill be done in i think a couple weeks then a lean bulk for a month or 2 and quick cut then lean bulk for months hopefully

Why is it harder under 10% BF

I'm at 7% rn and I'm not losing anymore weight during my cut... Any tips? I've cut out all alcohol, sugar and carbs

Does low weight/high reps still work for definition?

Is it possible for me, at 6'3 210lbs and ~18% body fat to get to 12% by July?

I'm on TRT right now (so not worried about much muscle loss) and eating an equal ratio C/F/P diet.

I can't into math. I'm sorry.

>decide to bulk
>abs disappear
>panic and cut
>weight starts getting low
>panic that you're a dyel
>decide to bulk
>cycle repeats itself

who else /bulkinglimbo/ here?

>not being perma-maintenance masterrace

>cutting since school started in august cause lmao fastass 5'11 225lbs
>got down to 170lbs
>wake up this morning to brush my teeth
>look in mirror

Holy shit guys I saw my abs today for the first time in my life
I might actually look good this simmer in so pumped

NO one, because no one worries about abs while bulking you dumb faggot.

Maintaining my one year bulk for another year

The whitest country on earth... Argentina.

So glad summer's already leaving, fall in 11 days.

Went from 130-175 (6'3") In one year...If i calculate out my bf% change. Then I gained Exactly 28lbs of muscle
If i dont gain another 12lbs of muscle in this YEAR I might KMS.

nah i just started my summer bulk. gonna be real fucking juicy for fall semester and see all the qts in my classes

>keep losing weight due to year long illness persisting
>struggling to try and keep it/gain it back
>people telling me I look great/fit/thin
>I just want to get bigger
There is no summer cut now that I'm finally getting better.

Ahh i get it now. I thought she was talking about some other hole.

>tfw years ago (2009-2010 or so) when I was a little 15 year old one of my bigger inspirations was a particular Hollister bag
>guy had a chadmode body and had what I thought was an epic pose and all I wanted to be was him
>since then I've gotten way past that mode and am jacked
>think about that bag today (haven't seen it in years)
>wish I could find a picture of it
>google "hollister bag" for kicks
>it's the first result lol

pic related

I was convinced I would have pussy lining up for days once I achieved Hollister bag dude mode

but it didn't happen. It wasn't FAT. I don't give a flying FUCK how much WEIGHT you lost.

who the fuck wants to lose weight? losing water and muscle doesn't count.

was same for me except with abercrombie but i guess there's not much of a difference.

Does anyone know of an accurate way to measure your bf%? I can never nail mine down.

Godspeed user

Post your far superior physique

Yeah, for summer 2018.

I need to lose around 40-50lbs to look Veeky Forums. I already have a good muscle base, but I am scared to start cutting because if I stall on all my lifts, I get easily demoralized by the lack of progress. Can you keep progressing on a cut, or do I just need to suck it up for 3-4 months?

>people born in 2000 will soon be allowed to post on Veeky Forums

Just weigh yourself every day and average the weight every week and make a graph so you can track your progress. Also take pics

>These same people screaming about calories in calories out are the same people spouting off bro science about only losing water weight and glycogen first
>mfw

Pls

A formula at least?

>decide to cut
>my bench and deadlift go down
>panic, overeat
>bench and deadlift go up again
>decide to cut

tell me about it

If I'm 5'7" and 200 lbs and start cutting on April 1st how many lbs do you think I could safely lose by May 25th?