High weight but low reps

>High weight but low reps
Or
>Low weight but a shit ton of reps

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

High weight. Naturals need to tear down muscle fiber, not inflate the muscle with blood like crazy.

I'm so tired of people asking this dumb ass shit. Just do either one to failure. There isn't a significant difference between the two besides broscience and made up shit. Fucking DYEL fags when will you learn?

Total volume is what really matters, in the end.

> strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/

Depends what your goals are. Do a program that delves into both ends of the spectrum

Well that explains why i haven't got any step further. I shall go for insane amounts of weight with 5 reps instead.

is this pic for real ?

I hope so

LEARN TO FUCKING PERIODIZE YOUR GODDAMED SHIT YOU FUCKING NIGGER.

r u ok

No, fucking dyels sliding the catalog with retarded questions even when there is a qtddtot.

Do whatever works for you

Mine is a combination of both

High weight high reps?

^^^^^

Total volume

both

The overwhelming consensus is high weight, but not exactly low reps, just as many as you can do at the highest weight you can do, which tends to be low reps by default.

Your body improves by pushing itself to the limits, low weight high reps is like walking 10,000 miles to improve cardio instead of running 1000 miles.

The one and only answer to this question

You should lift

weight adjusted to acommodate proper form and rom, i dont count reps, get the feel for working the weight with controled motions

Would you walk 500 miles?

You are literally as stupid as the OP.

Volume > Everything

S x R x W = Volume

And I would walk 500 more

Take on whatever weight allows you to have a good form, it is a lot more important in the long run because you won't get injured

If you want to be strong but look like shit, high weight low reps

If you don't want to be strong but still look like shit, low weight high reps

If you want to look good, roid

Week 1: Moderate to high weights with moderate sets
Week 2: High weights with light to moderate sets
Week 3: Low to moderate weights with light to moderate sets
>repeat

Both
Fuck you

t. Eternal snap city citizen

Medium weight, low reps, high frequency

Trying to do 3-5 sets of 5 across at 87-90% multiple times a week on the same exercise starts to be beat me up after 6-8 weeks.

Switching between ranges of volume/load based on Prilepin's chart seems like it would be best, however the volume on 70%-80% load on it seems trivial so I work at the high end the range.

I was benching 205 for 5x5. I was on a cut, and basically holding steady at that weight.

At the start of the year, I started doing 190 for 5x8. While still on a cut, I've managed to slowly increase to 195, 5x8. (with microloading increases of 2.5).

Subjectively, I "feel" like I got a better workout with sets of 8 instead of sets of 5.

One other change I made which may also be a factor, I started IF. Again, I have nothing but subjective "feels" to base this on, but I feel this is allowing me to (slowly) add muscle and cut fat simultaneously, by basically putting me through mini "bulk" and "cut" phases every day.

Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles

High weights high reps high frequency.

How about
>Decent weight, 8-12 reps, full range of motion and good form
Seriously, don't fall for the SS or powerfatty memes unless you play sports or want to compete(if you want to compete you might as well become a /fraud/ now btw). Hypertrophy training works if you eat enough and eat healthy, it just takes time, just like everything else in life.

Also high frequency is a big positive for making gains, don't fall for the 3 days a week meme unless you are on chemo or >90. At least 4 days in the gym a week, up to 6, and ~28-32 sets each workout.

>At least 4 days in the gym a week, up to 6, and ~28-32 sets each workout.

what about resting? the body needs to rest in order to regenerate and create more gains, especially if you're not on gear

post body and proof to that dubious claim

high weight generally, but some guys over-esitmate high-weight and do weights that are too high and barely get an actual workout in...

He's retarded and right in a specific circumstance. Beginners should start out doing full body 3x a week because that's optimal, you recover fast enough to keep continually stressing your whole body. It's only when you're an intermediate and have the work capacity and strength to handle higher weights with a significant amount of volume that you have to change to stressing the body twice a total of twice a week, whether you go 6 times with ppl or 4x with upper lower. It's only when you're an advanced lifter that you can't recover as well after dealing with the tremendous amount of stress and you either have to start periodizing or stressing your body once a week with something like a brosplit. The meme you shouldn't fall for is hypertrophy training as a beginner. Don't do stupid shit, take advantage of how much stress you can place on yourself.

High weight works best for me. I'm an easy gainer btw.

I've been high weight low reps for the last year and this week i decided to to low weight high reps (but slow and concentrated) and I got a really good pump from it. So I'll probably alternate between the two.

i can't say this *works* but I like to keep compounds high weight and occasionally mix that up

or throw in high weight then low weight then back to higher weight etc

you don't need to do one or the other

>theidolm@ster
>sadpanda.jpeg

If you're going to train with one rep scheme it really doesn't matter which you chose. 7 sets of 3 has been shown to produce the most muscle AND strength gains in naturals. Bar tempo is another important factor. If you are working with a lighter weight you should try and be more explosive as moving a weight at higher speed requires more force. But really it doesn't matter whether you're doing 3x10 5x5 or 7x3, you'll get similar hypertrophy. Just make sure to keep bar speed and weight relative to your chosen rep scheme.

High Sets x Low Reps x High Weight and Low Sets x Low Reps x High Weight.

>Twf no money for a gym membership, stuck working out at home with only hand me down 4lb dumbells
Should I just stick with pushups or start saving for weights heavy enough that I can't juggle them one handed?

>not doing both
>not doing slow negatives
>not focusing on time under tension

You guys are beyond salvation.

>4lb dumbell
holy shit kill yourself dyel, my water bottle is heavier than that

Body weight exercises are fine for now. Get to a gym later when you can.

no

Both
>Not incorporating multiple styles and techniques into your regimen
I bet you only eat chicken breast too.

20 REPS OR ABSOLUTE FAILURE C'MON

Are you saying push-ups are your only exercise? I wouldn't really recommend it, I got super into push-ups when I was in high school, ended up doing three hundred push-ups every other day while wearing a backpack with textbooks for weight, and all that happened was big triceps and no biceps. You should probably save up for some equipment so that you don't get disproportionate.

High weight low reps is much more fun.

Low weight high reps gets you a better pump in the end, but it's a lot less satisfying in my opinion.

SS + GOMAD