PROVE ME WRONG WITH PICS: Going from chicken legs to big calves is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve

I am 100% convinced that it is impossible to build small chicken leg calves into something impressive. I have never seen any proof of it and all other threads asking for proof always get a bunch of morons who can't read either posting only an after pic (useless - without a before picture you could easily be full of shit and have always had large calves) or not even posting any pictures at all and just writing "yeah, I gained 5 inches on my calves" (I could say I have a 15" dong, does that make it true?)

So, I'm making a challenge to show me a SINGLE before AND after picture of a set of calves, that went from SMALL to something substantially larger without implants, and I will eat my shorts. It cannot be done, and I'm willing to bet money nobody can prove my claim wrong.

Don't even bother posting if you're going to post only an "after" picture, had good calves to start with, or if you have no pictures at all and are just thinks because he says something it makes it true. Thx.

Other urls found in this thread:

realmuscleforum.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/arnodl-in-the-water-knee-deep.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I can't research so read my novel of a post and spoonfeed me

calf muscles need a shit load of time under tension to really grow. Pretty much why you see big calves on either former fatties or older guys.

Listen fucking dipshit. You can't find pics of something that's impossible. That's why I offered the challenge. It can't be done and you can't prove me wrong.

Small muscle bellies = poor muscle growth

They wont be big unless you are genetically blessed, like all other muscles.

Give me 3 years and I can do it, but I don't want huge calves anyway. Doesn't help with running, or really any cardio at all.

>and you can't prove me wrong.
oh no how will I go on

People here can't answer anything related to calves because 99% of them have no calves. same goes for legs.

>I could do that. I just don't feel like it.

That doesn't prove jackshit asshole. Provide actual photographic evidence of someone with tiny stick legs achieving massive calves.

You have to do *seated* calf raises... not standing.

By this time, most likely you have acquiesced into the effects of walking / standing all day.... Thus, seated calf raises are your only choice. Something about thickness vs width.

>I forget the different anatomy names for the different muscle groups.

calves, just like jaw, is almost 100% genetics

is it something you can train? yes, both are
but you wont have anything noticeable unless you train them for years, which is why people who are morbidly obese their entire life whilst also being active have monster fucking calves

Stop telling me how to get big calves. I'm only interested in seeing actual evidence of someone going from small to big calves. There's over 7 billion people on this planet. If you can't find just one actual person that did this on the entire fucking internet why the fuck should I believe it's possible?

I had tiny calves and they are now impressive people compliment them all the time. Unfortunately, like many others and the reason you dont see proof, I didnt take a fucking before and after picture of my calves. What kind of fucking autist does this? We all judge are upper body the most and thats what we usually take before and after pictures of.

You want them big do single leg with heavy weight for 3x8-12 rep like any other mass building exercises.

Faggot.

>nobody in the entire planet has ever taken full body shot before/after pics

Fucking faggott.

Calves are genetic. My dad has monster calves, but when I was young I was skinny asf, but my legs always had mass. When I started hitting legs my calves blew up.

i guarantee you don't count. you probably had low calf insertions like right side on pic related. Those are easy to grow. Those of us with left side calves will never be able to make them big.

Kek

here you go faggot

>calves, just like jaw, is almost 100% genetics
lol your jaw isn't as genetically determined as you think

Stop trolling. Seated calf raises works mainly the soleus. Standing calf raises for gastrocnemius.

And by the way, most people who complain about shitty calves only work them like once a week for 3 sets of 10. You walk on those motherfuckers every god damned day, you think the occasional calf raise at the gym is going to make them grow?

I started doing 6 supersets standing/sitting raises 3 times a week. I'll be reporting in three months with results, wish me luck.

You're a piece of shit

Gettting calves is the easiest thing imaginable. I don't know about getting enormous massive ones, but you can get the outlined lines so fucking easy. It took me like 1 month of running two-three times/week.

some people say do them everyday as you are on feet all day but that is bullshit
your achilles is doing the work all day.

try doing them heavy as fuck focusing on the contraction and holding for low reps, like 5-8

hold the bottom position for a few secs before coming back up, but do it slow on the ascension for the first inch or so to drop tension from the achiles. you dont want to bounce it up with the tendon doing all the work

try it for a while and see. another method is to do them staright from the floor. contraction is king here you dont have to worry about full RoM.

cant really post pic coz my changes in calfs happened years ago and im an oldfag been training 20years but this method worked.

people with good calfs naturally can just bounce on them and they grow. lucky mofos

Before pictures are not the greatest I know

My calves were maybe 11.5 inches before I started lifting and probably even after my first year

Top left was maybe 6 months into lifting
Top right was before
Bottom left was before
Bottom right was a few months ago

3 years lifting now and my calves are 15inches

For almost a year straight everyday in the gym I did calve raises in the smith machine with 225lbs 4x10, then I would leave the weight on and superset for another 4x10 with my next exercise unless someone needed the smith machine

Hit them hard for a long time and they'll grow

you are still a kid, you are just growing up

OP is right, calves are hugely genetical, there are roided up bodybuilders with small calves. For some people they just hardly grow.

I'm turning 21 in 20 days

Top left I was 4 months away from turning 18

Top right was like 16

Bottom left was same weekend as top right

I do agree genetics can only take you so far but i don't believe there is people who's muscles will just not grow

Gear or no gear

This user is not misguided.

Your calves are used to:
Heaps of volume. Every step you take.
Reasonable weight. Every step you take.

When you bicep curl without weight in your hand, you are shifting the mass of your forearm wrist and hand. Which is likely fuck all.
When you lift food to your mouth, which is the everyday analogue of a bicep curl, you lift duck all weight.

Every step you take, for a certain portion of the movement, a single leg's calves are doing almost the entire work, or at least sharing in the act, of:
Moving your bodyweight.
>***
So your calves have good inherent strength and stamina.

Which means you have to hit them that much harder than just about any other body part.

But what do "big calves are genetics" faggots do?
Maybe the same as they do for biceps. Which is not enough.
>***
You must go heavy. You must do volume.
More than your bodyweight - single leg calf raises for beginners. Around 15 reps a set. Fullest range of motion.

>I am 100% convinced that it is impossible to build small chicken leg calves into something impressive.
If you have high calf insertions and bad calf muscle bellies, i.e. you're black and of West African descent, then yeah, you're fucked. Oh well. At least you can run fast. Even Ronnie Coleman never really built good calves (at least, by Mr. O standards), he just made the most of what he had and got huge enough elsewhere that people didn't notice.

>So, I'm making a challenge to show me a SINGLE before AND after picture of a set of calves, that went from SMALL to something substantially larger without implants, and I will eat my shorts
I'm not going to spend 20 minutes looking for pics but Arnold went from no calves to good calves (by 70s standards). As he explains in his book The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, you can't find any "before" pictures because he would hide his calves in all of his early pics by posing in water like this.
realmuscleforum.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/arnodl-in-the-water-knee-deep.jpg

>People here can't answer anything related to calves because 99% of them have no calves. same goes for legs.
This. Then again, you're Japanese like me. We're playing the game on easy mode. Calves are one thing we'll never worry about.

Fellow Japanese here. Can confirm, my calves are monstrous.

You know Arnold had calf implants, right?

This.

>You know Arnold had calf implants, right?
This is the first I'm hearing of it. I didn't even know they had calf implants back in the 70s.

Arnold had good calves to start with. People that say he didn't are blind or have never actually looked at his calves when he started. If you look at early pictures, they were still low insertion points and fairly full... sure, nowhere near to his peak but that's the point—people with GOOD calves can grow them easily... nobody with shitty high calves has ever been able to make anything out of them, save for a pathetic little amount of definition added. Everyone makes it out to be that Arnold had these pathetic little calves before he started and that just isn't true.

Laughing at all you calvlets. Ottermode is your only option.

Idk bro back in highschool I had zero calves man.. but took a weightlifting class my senior year any they grew. So much that people even noticed and complemented me on them.

I believe the main thing is actually working on them. People just bitch and complain but don't actually work out nearly as much as they need to.

I usually did 2plates 4x30 (around 50% of max squat weight). Raise and hold it there for just a bit before going down. I see some retarded that are like jumping up and down to get them done super fast. Obviously you'll have bad results.

you're really cute

>tfw no bf

>You walk on those motherfuckers every god damned day
God damn you sound like such a dyel faggot.

>im 100% convinced becuz I havent seen anyone do it
wow legit tier argument bro

It's because it's completely untrue. He roided like a mofo but no implants.

That before isn't impressive but it's must better than most untrained calves desu.

Saying calf size is genetic is the most retarded thing ever

Lets take in different things into consideration
>People have different calf insertions
>People walk differently

Most people strike the ground with their heel first when they walk, this completely deactivates the calfs. If you strike with midfoot or with the balls of the foot your calves will need to contract to withhold your body from falling, this stimulates them. Now most people who do have developed calfs but never trained them are stimulating their calves with just walking for their entire lives. Hence why you'll only see adults with developed calves

Strike walking up a hill, you'll feel the calves working. Why is that? Because when moving upwards you cannot strike with the heel first and so it proves my theory.