Can I just fill my backpack with rocks and do squats?

Can I just fill my backpack with rocks and do squats?
Can't afford gym membership.

You will wreck your posture

and your backpack

whats the difference between that and a normal squat?

Biggest DYEL shit I've read in a long time.

How the fuck are faggots like you even allowed to enter the gym?

You will NEVER make it, kys.

oh shit, do you mean "filling a backpack then doing the squat movement"?

because as soon as you get the backpack anywhere near 20kg it will be full or broken

You can buy a barbell pretty cheap.

Most travel or camping backpacks can hold more but it puts weight on your shoulders weird.

Backpack straps "hang" on your shoulder, put stress on them an pull you back. You will fuck yourself up this way and you will only be able to do lightweight.

what if i wear it in the front instead?

what is your goal OP? if you want to build muscle just do bwf and run for leg gains

You can do goblet squats like this but ultimately you're not going to be able to lift more than maybe 40kg which is babyweight for squats

Why do girls with that curly/wavy hair make my wiener tingle?

>tfw can't even squat 40kg

>Can I just fill my backpack with rocks and do squats?

DIY gym gear is better than nothing.

I think filling two bags with water bottles and hanging them on a pole would work better as a ghetto barbell.

Water bottles allow you to judge the weight you are using better.

ITT:
> I don't know it so it must be useless and dangerous!

It's a lot better than nothing and won't ruin your back any more than any other way to do weighted squats. Judokas do piggyback squats with their partners. Get started.

Barbell isn't going to cut it without a rack. You need some way to get that up onto your shoulders.

Height/weight? Are you new to lifting?

6'6'', 92kg
New to lifting after 4 years of not leaving the house

You are not going to load more than 20-25 kilos of stones in your bag which is not that much weight compared to your body weight...and you are going to wreck your bag. If your goal is to tone down and lose body fat then you can just stick to running. If you want to increase strength then you can try callisthenics.

Jump down from increasing heights, squatting down as you hit the ground to absorb the fall (you can calculate the force with wolphram alpha). It is basically a negative squat.

Or just do skateboard squats.

This. Just bought a skateboard last night for squats. It's the way to go

Calisthenics works for the rest, but it is shit for legs to the point that they recommend weighted squats instead.

that's a symptom of liking cock in your ass homo

>How much do you bench bro?
>3 liters.

Lift your gf instead.

1 litre of water is exactly 1 kg. I agree that DIY gym gear isn't as good as having proper gear, but it is better than doing nothing. 20 litre squats are better than body weight squats.

Camping and hiking backpacks are supposed to put the weight on your hips, ya dingus

I always do 10-20kg weighted pullups with a backpack at home. havent had any problems with it.

>exactly
at like 3 °C. But a close enough approximation at other temperatures.

>no gym in my town
>do some dumbbell exercises with a bag of broken drum cymbals instead
>do squats holding the bag to my chest sometimes (though it was generally easier to just do more regular squats instead)
>push-ups with a backpack holding the cymbals

I don't see why not OP, provided it isn't going to have you doing jerky movements or putting too much pressure on one isolated area.

if you are poor poor, buy a kettlebell.

>internal organ damage

Not really a squat but you can use your bed. Pull bed away from wall. Lift from foot of the bed.

For more resistance have your mom lay sideways at the head of the bed. If it's to light have her move closer to the foot of the bed.

Before you know it will be 3 x 5 with her at the foot of the bed.

Additionally you can also do hip thrusts.

Rest your head on the back of the bed with feet flat on the floor, have your mum straddle you and then thrust up with your hips.

if you're really so poor, start with normal bw squats, then progress to pistols, then get a box and fill it with heavy stuff like books and squat that

My preferred method to keep mom's legs from stopping my depth in squat.

>can't afford gym membership

Try the "get a fucking job" workout

Cuck

I squatted without a rack for ages no problem. You can easily do a cheeky clean and front squat combo. If you want to do back squats it's trickier. Learning to do a steinborn squat is worthwhile imo and can let you back squat several hundred pounds (up to ~500). It's useful so you're not stuck having to buy a rack and is a fun option for warmups if you go to a gym with racks in high demand.

>supposed to
Yeah, but they don't do that very well at heavier weights which is why we use shit like tump lines.

Steinborn squat looks like snap city waiting to happen. Zercher squats are no rack squat master race.

This photo ...

Read, "Never Gymless" by Ross Enamait

Buy a barbell and some 5 gallon water jugs. Do zercher squats.

Just look for a good calisthenics/bodyweight plan and stop trying to do retarded shit.

>Steinborn squat looks like snap city waiting to happen.
They're really safe and predate squat racks by a few decades. Also good prehab. They're just way more technical than squatting in a squat rack. Zercher is fine, hack squats are another decentish sub in a pinch but Steinborn lets you do actual back squats. I've even used them in a 3 month Bulgarian style run where you squat everyday. The only problem is the initial prospect of tilting a heavy barbell up and rolling them on the back. Not so fun when you're dog tired.

Also, planet fitness and similar low-cost joints available in your country are a dime a dozen unless you live in the middle of nowhere and around 10 (euro)bux per month. If you can't afford that I think you have bigger problems to fix right now.

>Your abs can't sustain your body weight

Are you dumb?

gotta love tricky rick

>DYEL faggot gatekeeping someone who genuinely wants to lift because he knows that he hasn't made it himself.