Purpose

Veeky Forums
Why do you work out? What is it that you want to accomplish? Do you think that that purpose has changed over the years as you get fit?

I want to be accepted in social circles so I'm not lonely and miserable all the time.

I also want ppl to believe me when I do a /pol/ rant.

I don't want to look in the mirror and not like what I see. I hate weakness, I hate being fat or having a body that could be considered weak or fat. This has driven me to work out since I was a teen.

Confidence.

Having some muscletone and losing that unnecessary extra mass on my body (or turning it into necessary mass, idc) helps with that confidence. I know I am an intelligent, well spoken and upstanding person, but I know that just as I want a woman that I find physically attractive, so must I deliver on that front, as well.

>inb4 he lifts for pussy

Show me the man who does not do the things he does for the option to stick his dick into someone and I'll show you a man who has nothing to stick somewhere.

So I lift, and it has made me more confident even though I've been doing only beginner gains so far and admittedly have skipped out when I could have. I imagine I must become arrogant mcsuperdouche if I ever get to a point where I catch people actually miring.

I started lifting to get girls, because im a guy and i like sex

Over the years ive found out however that no matter how big i get, how strong i become or how successful i am i just cant get as much sex as i want and this is extremly depressing

Now i lift to look good and because it makes me happy, id love it if it got me laid as well but im starting to think its a meme

because I hate my body but instead of living a hedonistic and self-destructive lifestyle, I keep on lifting and occassional mma/boxing to improve my physique even though I wasn't given a better frame and proportions

Lmao i met a guy on a cruse ship with that exact quote tattooed on his DYEL chest
Takes me back

Did you fuck him?

I need big muscles to protect my friends

Nah,he fucked some nasty ass fat romanian hoe after getting her drunk with vodka cranberries,girl was a TANK,fortunately for him it was an all inclusive type shit cause that bitch sipped 6 motherfucking loaded cocktails before basically passing the fuck out

I lift for beach

To be big and strong. To look at myself the way Patrick Bateman does.

nonononononoNONONONONO please don't post that evil here

Because I was unhealthy and now want to be healthy.

I lift so i can have rough sex with twinks and sissys.

T H I C C

Because my job puts me asshole deep in people who spent years not taking care of themselves.

Not to mention a few of my coworkers have already had THREE kidney stones from drinking soda 3 times a day for years.

I am not going to be the strongest person in the world, I may never be instagram-famous levels of fit, but god damn if I could just be more in shape than the people I see every day then I will be happy.

what is this evil?

I like dat

The satisfaction I get from lifting, the confidence, looking in the mirror and seeing progress, bitches, the list goes on.

Also I'm afraid of being fat.

Part of a healthy trifecta of physical, mental, and spiritual domains.

Healthy body = healthy mind = healthy spirit

If any of the three fail, so do the other two.

For their appraisal

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

To justify my narcissism.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS