Redpill me on ketogenic diets: is it the real deal? or am i going to give myself heart disease?

redpill me on ketogenic diets: is it the real deal? or am i going to give myself heart disease?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/da1vvigy5tQ
google.com/search?q=potatoe carb&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS655US655&oq=potatoe carb&aqs=chrome..69i57.2799j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=potato carb&*
youtu.be/2MlekMbGCMI
youtube.com/watch?v=QXtnS2PM9iw
youtube.com/watch?v=noUxL2odVEs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677007/
youtube.com/watch?v=TSqHhy3LEKo
youtube.com/watch?v=C6SVB99mJHA
journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/682587
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435101
corescholar.libraries.wright.edu/socanth/17/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S009286741301550X
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413116302996
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/27/ajcn.2009.27909.abstract
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/52/12/2882.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1084952115002451
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/39/7/775.short
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're only beneficial for insulin sensitivity.

this is the worst breakfast I've ever seen

Where are the sausages? Black pudding? Tomato, mushrooms, beans?

Fuck me

the eternal anglo strikes again

Yes, you're going to give yourself heart disease. Eating a diet of only foods that have dietary cholesterol and saturated fats will give you heart disease. Don't ever let anyone tell you that it doesn't

sorry m8 but ur avin a fuckin giraffe

Eating high carb gives you the beetus.

On my third day right now.
Trying to cut with it out of curiosity.
Feeling pretty shitty, would kill for some oatmeal.

should i just eat a plant based diet then? seems like everything other than vegetables is going to kill me

Yes but avoid soy if you can.

no, just don't do any extremes
no low carb, high carb, keto or whatever
just eat normal

Dont listen to this guy

eating "normal" is what gives people cancer, heart disease diabetes etc.

No. Diets like Keto and carb cycling should be ran for a short period of time (contest prep, rapid weight loss, vacation that needs 6-pack). After that you return to normal. Keto isn't a lifestyle.

I do keto every time I cut for a few reasons:
>it supresses my apetite
>it seems to spare muscle
>fats are more imporatant for health than carbs

Beyond that, the amount of weight you'll lose depends on your calorie deficit.

I wasn't talking about an average diet, I meant normal in terms of macro distribution instead of following some meme diet

The science says you are wrong.
youtu.be/da1vvigy5tQ

I had been under the impression that potatoes had a lot of carbs. Redpill me on potatoes.

>ted talks
>viable source of info
m8

they do, bad choice of pic

or maybe those arnt potatoes idk

she doenst look that healthy to me

somebody give this bitch a potato

Common misconception. Potatoes have less than 5 grams of carbs per potato, so they're basically the ultimate carb craving suppressant on keto as long as you don't go overboard.

I'm not on any special diets, are they generally a good food or is it better to avoid them?

google.com/search?q=potatoe carb&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS655US655&oq=potatoe carb&aqs=chrome..69i57.2799j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=potato carb&*

Fuck you for giving me false hopes.

I eat them all the time and maintain

fake news

>Ted talks
Like I said, don't let anyone tell you that dietary cholesterol and saturated fats doesn't give you heart disease.

Type 1 diabetic here, keto isn't useful for insulin sensitivity any more than eating avocados, sardines or walnuts is

It's about healthy fat

Keto is useful for some things like:
>Quick benefits to an otherwise shitty diet
>Quick way to lose water weight
>Good for satiation in some circumstances

but otherwise it has no health benefits that can't be obtained from any other diet with or without carbs

just eat really small potatos

Keto is unhealthy and has no benefit compared to calorie counting with a balanced diet.

Meat is fine in small quantities, eat more fish less red meat and you are fine.

well then, people should really stop spreading misinformation.

The problem is they only taste good when they're covered in cancer.

That picture isn't even keto LOL wow

youtu.be/2MlekMbGCMI

Lol both are good breakfasts user expand your horizons user. Just don't take over my country.

Keto is like the atkins diet or any other high protein marketed meme diet before it- 5% correct usage amongst athletes and medical community and 95% the public thinking it's some magic pill

Keto has no benefits to health but helps satiety, end of.

i just typed keto meal in google and picked the most aesthetically pleasing one, i wasnt really thinking lmao

trips of truth

>youtu.be/da1vvigy5tQ

what a piece of shit. There is actual proof that a high carb low fat vegan diet is not only reversing type 2 diabetes but also is the only fucking diet able to set free clogged arteries.

That person is just solding her stupid diet.

Not him but as a type 1 diabetic I feel the need to point out that almost every study linked to type 2 and diet shows the prevalence of healthy fats is THE majority and top factor for insulin control and restoration and specifically starchy carbs are linked to the opposite

Provide sources for your radical nonsense claims or top yourself

>Black pudding
da fuck is that?

youtube.com/watch?v=QXtnS2PM9iw

Superior Aryan alternative
youtube.com/watch?v=noUxL2odVEs

Keto is the best and safest diet for losing fat. It wil decrease blood pressure, insulin and cholesterol levels in your body. Dont listen to all those idiots who dont understand anything about how the body works.
You wil lose weight on any low calorie diet, but keto wil make it easyer to live with, and help you maintain the weight after you're done, because it will help heal your insulin resistance.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677007/

i dont want to be mean because I know that diabetes is a bad thing. So keep fighting fellow.

>cholesterol

you will lose cholesterol by consuming cholesterol?

yes, exactly. I think Eric Berg will explain it alot better than I could, but at the end of the day, hard numbers count.

By the way, if you are trying to improve health and lose fat, this guy is the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=TSqHhy3LEKo

youtube.com/watch?v=C6SVB99mJHA

So as fatty looking for a diet plan, and looking at marcos. I think I will try keto diet. It's kinda how I normal eat anyway. High protein and fat, low carb.

I'm trying it right now, day 2.
I'll let you guys know if it works or not in like 3 months.
I'll have a pic now-and-then ready when that day comes.

Sounds good, but protein can kick you out of ketosis because it increases your insulin levels. Go very high fat, some protein and very few carbs, and you'll feel great and lose weight. Go for healthy sources of fat, such as wild salon, coconut oil, butter form grass fed animals. Check out Eric Berg's videos on youtube about how to lose weight, he is gold.

Wild Salmon*

Sorry, spelling misstake.

>It wil decrease blood pressure, insulin and cholesterol levels in your body.
1. Blood pressure is affected by saturated fat, salt, caffeine and various other factors- keto will NOT reduce blood pressure when controlled against a similar diet with carbs

2. Insulin is produced in response to fats, proteins and carbs but less so for protein, and healthy fats benefit insulin sensitivity. Again, keto provides ZERO benefit over a similar controlled diet

3. Cholesterol levels are something I don't know enough about to shit on you for but I'm fairly certain complex carbs and a healthy diet don't put you at risk of elevated cholesterol. Also cholesterol isn't a bad thing if you're being general.

>because it will help heal your insulin resistance.
and this is flat out retarded. Healthy fats are what help insulin sensitivity and thus levels produced in the pancreas in response to fats, proteins and carbs. If anything, keto may simply make you produce less insulin because you're eating less refined carbs, but the same would be true in literally any healthy diet, with or without carbs.

Stop talking out of your shitter on imageboards, nobody cares and everyone knows you're full of shit.

That's an extremely flawed study at face value, but ignoring that it shows the difference between the control of 70% carbs and the vegan diet of 75% carbs, which is not significant whatsoever and if anything shows exactly what I illustrated- a healthy diet is good for lowering insulin fluctuation and thus blood sugar variation and benefits type 2 diabetics, seemingly regardless of complex carbs

I don't want to be mean because I know being retarded is a bad thing. So keep posting fellow.

>youtube.com/watch?v=TSqHhy3LEKo

but every single metastudy I've read undeniably says that our body does the cholesterol for us and that we sure as hell don't need to eat more of it.

And it goes even boyond that as people tend to have more cholesterol as the age which is causing heart desease.

Every study shows that. Its not a myth. I can't see why I should trust someone who is making "body type" diets and selling his books or whatever the fuck else.

Why should I not trust someone who is an actual doctor and is one of the best in his field? Why should a trust someone who is doing "body type" diets. Its just sounds stupid as fuck.

Thanks for the links, bro. Really good info!

not even english and i agree, you guys do breakfast right.
how do i into black pudding? I never see that shit at my local groceries stores here in Canada. I used to eat a similar thing in Sweden as a kid

>Redpill me on Keto

KETO WORKS AS A DIET

FOR LOSING FAT

NOT A LIFESTYLE

NOT A LIFTING DIET

NOT FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT GETTING LESS FAT IT'S A DIET YOU EAT LESS YOU LOSE WEIGHT

How many of these goddamn threads do we need? Yes Keto works to burn fat well if you're fat and have will power to not eat. Doing it for any other reason is fucking stupid and hurting your body. You want to lose fat, Keto is an option. You want to do something else, it isn't.

I swear to god it's like asking to be redpilled on water bottles.

What you just said makes no fucking sence? If you call study "extremly flawed" you should at least give a good reason for that. I was not able to find one in your argument.

Make it yourself
>Pic related fresh Portuguese morcilla
Just gotta slit yourself a pig.

I'm thinking this:
2000 cal, 200g protein, 44g carbs, 200g fat.
Yes, healthy fats, fatty fish and... that's all I know.
Extra virgin olive oil a healthy fat?

>1. Blood pressure is affected by saturated fat, salt, caffeine and various other factors- keto will NOT reduce blood pressure when controlled against a similar diet with carbs

This just proves that you dont know what you are talking about, because EVERYONE will get lower blood pressure when they're in ketosis, if you dont belive me, just get your blood pressure checked, then do keto for two weeks and check again.

The next stuff you are stating is so far from the truth that Im not going to waste my time adressing it.

Works if you have a high appetite but at the same time getting through that first week is harder too

Take a week off every 2 months

yes. you don't have to avoid soy either. this whole thing about soy containing estrogen is a misunderstanding. just make sure to take b12 pills and eat varied food. you don't want to end up with a mineral/vitamin deficiency.

You have to see what actualy happends in ketosis. Adding more cholesterol in a carb based diet is probly not a good idea.

You can choose to belive him or not, it does not mather to me. But I wil tell you that his videos have helped me getting my crohn's disease into remission. The doctors were not able to do so for the 6 years of my life I wasted on being a werck. I also had constant acid reflux 24 hours every day. It was a nightmare, but the advices from this guy have healed me, and everything he have said, related to my conditions have been true. I choose to belive him for this reason, you can do whatever you like :)

I do not get why pic related is what people think Keto is.

The protien levels are nearly the same as a BB diet.

Your carbs get drasticlly reduced. Worst case scenario eat 1 slice of bread and you'll be alright.

Fats are a little hard to get a decent amount. But with the meat variety beyond chicken or fish. All you need to do is prepare some in place of what would normally be protein powder.

Really OP keto works for cutting. However you should go with a diet plan that you can maintain and suits your needs. And learn to make smoothies. Because no matter what your plan is, those make life easier.

Looks to me like it's going to be more than 200 kcal with those numbers. I belive around 65-70% of our kcal should come from fat. 1g fat = 9 kcal, and 1g protein or carb =4kcal.

Keep your carbs or net carbs around 25-35.

Dont forget that we are all very diffrent, what works good for me may not work good for you, so you have to try and adjust until you find something that works

I know bacon is a Keto meme but is it alright so long as it's kept within macros?

I can't think of anything as fatty and cheap as bacon except for drinking olive oil and I'm aggressively poor. Usually eating 2-4 strips a day spread over breakfast and dinner or as a snack. I've been doing it and losing weight I'm just wondering if there's to much even if it's within macros.

still thinking keto means eating oil,acrylamides, and nitrates in their food

good luck with that

Thanks!! You been very helpful and I actually learned a lot!

She looks like she is dying, no wonder, her recommendations are insane.

Ketosis simply means a state of sickness where you will lose your appetite due to very unnatural foods

It's by no means long term diet, probably most people should avoid these kind of diets altogether.

Ok, so humans were sick 9 months of every year when they had no accses to carbs in the wild, and they had to eat keto?

Stop being retarded

It's a meme diet with no advantages when compared to a carby diet matched in protein and fiber content and numerous health risks. Appeals to fat dyel redditors who get all their nutrition education from blogs and clickbait they find on google aka the cancerous newfag population on this board

I dont know what "humans" you mean, but ketosis is a state of sickness, that's why your appetite goes down. Yes it might improve your bloodwork even if you're fattie (like most people doing low carb are) but it's no long term solution. They cant keep it up very long because it's so unnatural

Human never ate keto and had constant access to carbohydrate sources except in extreme Northern regions where they developed liver adaptations to increase gluconeogenesis and stay out of ketosis

journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/682587

You dont lose your appetite in ketosis. You get stable blood suger levels, so you dont have cravings. I think you're missunderstanding something.

So you have problem with your blood glucose then?

>journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/682587

This saysing nothing about how often they ate carbs. I also agree that carbs were very important for the stoneage human. During the late summer and autumn they would eat alot of carbs to increase their bodyfat for the winter and spring and get much needed vitamins and minerals. Then, when winter arrived, they would have no accses to carbs in most of europe, and had to eat animal meat. They would enter ketosis, but would need high energy levels in order to hunt. It could be days or weeks between each succsesfull hunt, and their bodys had to work good in ketosis and accses their stored fat.

Other places in the world, they may have had accses to carbs all year around.

Im not realy sure what you mean by that. Blood suger levels work the way they do for most of is.

hahhah hohhoh

Her body is so weird, she's slim but has all the lumps of a fat person, whatever snake oil she is selling I don't want it.

>This saysing nothing about how often they ate carbs.
It does. Did you even bother to read past the abstract?

>During the late summer and autumn they would eat alot of carbs to increase their bodyfat for the winter and spring and get much needed vitamins and minerals. Then, when winter arrived, they would have no accses to carbs in most of europe, and had to eat animal meat. They would enter ketosis, but would need high energy levels in order to hunt. It could be days or weeks between each succsesfull hunt, and their bodys had to work good in ketosis and accses their stored fat.
You're just pulling shit out of your ass. Carbohydrates are terrible at increasing body fat because of how inefficient DNL is. Underground storage organs like tubers, bulbs, and corms were the carbohydrate fallback foods when fruit was unavailable and wild game is too lean to induce ketosis, instead the extra protein was used to maintain glycemia via gluconeogenesis.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435101

>dietary cholesterol is important
>check my anecdote about how I stopped bleeding on my boyfriend's dick
so this is the power of people that watch youtube fitness experts instead of studying science

Oh and almost forgot the increase in fiber intake

corescholar.libraries.wright.edu/socanth/17/

At the paleolithic 150g/d that drives plenty of gluconeogenesis in the intestine and a reason why it must be restricted on keto fad diets

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S009286741301550X
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413116302996

>beans
You have to go back

Im not sure you understand how retarded you sounds. However, Im out, there is no use for me to discuss this with someone who clearly have no idea what they're talking about and have not taken their time to study it. If you want to belive keto diet is bad, go on. More and more doctors and scientist agree that eating healthy fats and less sugar is very good for your health and weight. We'll see in a couple of decades what the norm will be.

>Implying beans aren't beloved by white people the world over.
You do realize Mexicans got beans from us right?

Anytime someone says anything about "science" and then points to youtube as a source, you know for sure that person does not have any science to back up their claim

who is this testicle destroyer

can somebody please just tell me what to eat so i can be skinny and have good skin and not die early

why is this so hard

>appeal to ridicule
>eat healthy fats and less refined carbs therefore completely eliminate all healthy carbs from your diet

Great job admitting your defeat

Keto is for retards.

I could sit on my ass all day for 1 year and still have better physiological markers than you fat fucktards on muh keto who exercise regularly (not that you'd ever exercise your heart).

Skimming and spotting delusion about cholesterol not contributing toward heart disease either. Stay clueless, Veeky Forums, you fat retards.

You increase fat in your blood which causes inflammation and loss of appetite.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/27/ajcn.2009.27909.abstract
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/52/12/2882.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1084952115002451

You get stable blood sugar levels by eating healthy carbs which releases glucose slowly, not by eating no carbs which just drives up stress hormones and hunger

diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/39/7/775.short

>just eat really small potatos

Gives picture of a rock.

it's a walnut

No, it is a wall-nut.

Can Keto help get my body fat down?
Assume I don't want to lower my body weight, but want to maintain weight.

Eat nothing that didn't exist in 1847.

how much of it though

How much of what?