Riding same bike route every day for 8 months

>riding same bike route every day for 8 months
>legs still get tired
>still run out of breath

When will this Nietzschean struggle end?

Are you completing it in less time?

Never, only by making yourself progressively further, will the previous route seem easier.

You are either growing or decaying, there is no stasis

Good question, I'm actually not sure.

I'm certainly better than my 1st day ever doing. The 1st day I thought I was going to have to get off and walk the bike home.

But I want there to be a point where I ride and don't even feel it.
I want to cruise down the road at maximum speed but feel like I'm sitting in a recliner.

That's not how it works m8. Measure as much as you can and track it. its the only way you'll stay motivated

I know that feel. On the flipside, the beauty of the scenery never gets old. I feel euphoric looking at the birds and trees and sky twice a day almost every day. Seriously consider commuting through nature, away from traffic if you have a chance even if it takes you longer.

what you need is to expand both leg strength and cardio to a point where the bike route is relatively short and any incline is relatively low strength.
then the struggle will end sweet prince

this so much

if you want to run 5km easily you need to be able to run 10km exhausted

just take your subaru instead, william

>Nietzschean struggle

what does this mean? I want to drop this meme in a conversation some time

That's not going to happen if you keep upping the intensity/going faster.

I think he meant Sisyphus

Nietzsche was a writer who dealt with themes of nihilism and the loss of meaning. Most people think of a struggle as something that necessarily leads to a future resolution. Hence they strive in expectation of a goal or reward. Our Nietzschean struggle then, fellow dyel user, is to permanently struggle. Struggle while making gains, yes, but struggle without ever achieving the gain.

Nietzche wrote extensively about overcoming oneself through pain and struggle, heavily influenced by the Classical Greek myth of the god Dianysius, who had to be torn apart to be reborn.

Nietzche himself suffered from chronic stomach ailments that caused him extreme persistent pain, and he saw his writing as a way of sublimating that pain into something greater.

Nietzche is one of those writers who can provoke you and make you see things in a different light, even when you disagree with him. Very lively and entertaining writing style, too. Start out with Beyond Good and Evil and work your way out from there. I love Thus Spake Zarathustra and Antichrist as well.

>Running same distance, same road, for the same amount of time for 6 months
>Still get shin splints

isn't this more like in Kafka's books. Endless struggle without any progress or change.

>ask body to do the same thing over and over without changing
>be surprised when your body doesn't change
hmm really fires those neurons

are you saying rich piana was right all along?!

Been racing bikes for three or four years now.

It doesn't get easier, you just get faster.

>OHP 130lbs 5x3 for months
>start to eat more
>still can't press heavier
>gained six pounds of fat

fududududud

It feels the same because your body only adapts to progressively stronger stimulation, progressive overload. Hence, if you want it to make it feel easier you have to train yourself with longer distances

Biking is weird
>I can run across the city but my legs hurt when I bike fast

If you're getting exhausted it's because you're pushing yourself. I used to bike to work and there was a huge difference between me going fast and going casually.

Second. Also remember that diminishing returns for pushing yourself hit you hard on a bike. That huge exhaustion difference could mean only a shitty 5mph difference.

doesn't matter how fit you are if your form is bad

>I want to cruise down the road at maximum speed but feel like I'm sitting in a recliner.
You realize the more you do it, the higher your maximum speed gets, right?