/fat/ Fatty General: Weekend Edition 2

Last thread almost at 300: Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/

How's your weekend going fatties? You're working out, considering you have a WHOLE two days off, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Smackfat-Ketone-Strips-Measurement-Adaptation/dp/B00SODYZQK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's fine right, I'm enjoying the noob gains as I lose weight

>lent
>order broiled fish with a baked potato
>it comes to me, it's broiled, but in a basket of fries

I mean, I was still below my TDEE but I'd rather have a baked potato. They were pretty good fries.

My second day at the gym. Struggling to eat healthy.. My parents control the food and buy a lot of shit and I'm very tempted

drink like a half a gallon of water then just eat a small portion of whatever. that's what i do when there's nothing but shit to eat. you get full fast and keep calories down.

Checking in

Male/29/5'11"
Starting weight: 312
Current weight: 260 (-52)
Goal weight: ~180

>tfw binged last week on pizza and afraid of upcoming weigh-in

I only eat 1500 a day though, so I should be okay, r-right?

copy pasting this in threads that are relevant to find an answer
i have pretty minor gyno but how will it affect my bodyfat measurement when i use a caliper or will it make no difference? one of the places that a measurement is taken is between the nipple and armpit

Baked potato is still simple carbs (not to mention it's usually drenched in butter and other shit), switch to sweet potato or brown rice for complex carbs desu

>caliper

just use a measuring tape. 10x easier and more accurate too.

Yes, I managed to do 5 more mins on the rowing machine than usual, hoping it'll become my new standard

Also a tip for those who begin at ~25bf%, don't look at your belly for changes, but at your forearms. You'll see more and more vascularisation there every 2-3 days.

Shifted into my new lifestyle February 3rd. Started at 387. Weighed in today at 371. I'm still going hard.

You ladies and gents got this.

That feel when so addicted to the taste of food I eat even when I'm not hungry

Amazing progress.
Whats your secret?

I think journaling your eating has an effect of making you feel more accountable. I also experienced when I started lifting and counting calories. I felt that I didn't want to sully the purity of my food diary by records of shitty eating. I felt I didn't want to disappoint my records. This is probably more effective on those who have a bit of autism for accounting. it requires being autistic about recording everything; not allowing yourself to leave something out even if it's disappointing. And also feeling an autistic pride when you see a pristine record of data repeating with no blanks or failures to be seen.

Or maybe that's not such an autistic thing. Looking at your journal and seeing a long line of records of you succeeding at the thing you want to achieve definitely feels good. Seeing records of your failures in the past gives you guilt long after they happened and not just when you make the mistakes.The act of journaling creates emotional incentives that give you greater willpower in making better eating choices.

Probably the user interface matters here. A notebook where you won't often look at the previous pages may not work as well whereas a spreadsheet that displays data from far back every time you add something seems more effective.

I eat white potatoes with olive oil.

>tfw I thought I was going to eat better after breaking up with my fatty fiancee, but I still am eating like shit.

>tfw 41% BF
>50 KG Fat mass
>72 KG lean mass
>BMI 36.8

Should I end my misery?

Also the calculator says I needed 2,983 kcals/day for maintenance with my current activity level - how can this be true?

God..I ruined myself and my life

You should end your misery. By losing weight. The fatter you are, the faster, easier and more visibly weight loss happens. The reward is high and the sacrifice is low. Embrace that you are a beginner at fitness and enjoy the ride.

You shouldn't kill yourself because you're fat, you should kill yourself because you're a defeatist loser.

Well I was a highschool chad before I came depressive and hit the gym regularly.. I still can, after 5 years of depression and alcohol abuse do 550 pound leg press (not impressive I know).

The problem is my mental state.

However I just gave it a last try, if I fail again I will an hero.

Started Couch to 5k last week and went joggin three times already, and every time it felt better and I got a few hundred meters further with each jog.

Will start Grey Skull LP next week in addition.

this was my BMI as of this morning compared to my BMI Jan. 2016

stop making excuses

1 Week almost done,
12 months to go.
This will be a long walk.

>lost 15 pounds
>fitting into my old jeans and shorts sizes
>still feel like a lard

why? I'm 225 so I'm not a LARD, just a fat boy. My weight loss is obviously working since a pair a jeans I bought at Christmas that were too tight at the time are now loose on me.

225 is pretty fat, boss

set a goal of 180, if you don't like that you can try 160.

You are right.

Problem is I dont want to take SSRIs again because they give me very dangerous thoughts so I take Hypericum perforatum instead. Helps a little when the dosis is high enough and has no negative side effects.

Also the jogging gives me hopefully enough serotonin to dare to go to the gym again.

Impressive. I will try.

I basically follow the Keto way of dieting, but I can never tell if I'm in it. Low carb, moderate protein and high fat. I eat meat and veggies for every meal. The only carbs I get are from broccoli, cauliflower and green beans. The meats I eat are beef, pork, chicken and turkey. I tend to eat roughly 6-10 ounces per meal. Buying in bulk or finding a deal at the grocery is how I keep stocked on a super strict $200 budget for food. I'm usually very full from each meal, since it'll range from 500-600 calories. I usually eat 2-3 times a day. I also follow the 16/8, meaning I Intermittenly Fast for 16 hours, and eat within an 8 hour window. It's a lot easier than you think, especially since 8 of those sixteen are asleep.

It really helps when you have things like garlic salt/powder and seasoning to give the food flavor. It makes sticking to the change a lot easier because every bite tastes great. Condiments like mustard(zero calorie) and hot sauces(low calorie, no carbs) are a godsend. I take it easy with Sriracha because 1 teaspoon is 1 carb. If you're watching sodium levels, there are alternatives like Ms. Dash which is low salt/salt free.

I go for a walk for at least 30 minutes every day if possible. Since I have little living space, I do workouts I find on Youtube, and do basic resistance band routines.

TL;DR: I limit the absolute fuck out of carbs by keeping them under 30-40 grams. Meat and non-starchy veg. Exercise. Weigh in every Saturday.

If there are any questions about what I'm doing, go ahead and ask!

It took me years to properly figure out how to make fitness work for me. I fucked up several times. I wasted a lot of time. But here I am, feeling better than ever. If I just did an hero when I fucked up I wouldn't be here right now.

Now fuck off, you're already doing it better than most people ever will and if you fall off the train, take time to recover, pick yourself up and get back on.

Dem genetics. But seriously, people are born with different brains containing different inclinations. Fattyness is very likely a combination of genetic and perhaps some learned psychological inclinations and a suitable environment that enables those inclinations to bear fat. Regardless, if any fatty were kidnapped and tortured with starvation, they'd lose weight. Biology isn't the obstacle.

I imagine that the obstacle to weight loss can be that, when a in certain environment, the free will of the fatty enslaves them to a certain behaviour from which they are unable to break free as long as they have their freedom to choose what action to take and they remain in that environment. It's likely that they won't choose to radically change their situation: the people they associate with, where they live and how they spend their time. Being forcibly put into a situation where even with their inclinations they'd be unable to eat enough to stay fat would solve the problem but that's unlikely too and probably illegal.

I believe that, barring a u-turn in our culture of allowing everyone to choose for themselves no matter how bad their choices seem, some fatties are doomed to stay fat not because of biology but psychology and circumstances. I think there aren't many of those in these threads. They're probably more at home in /r9k/ which is the real hugbox.

I thought I was the fattest person on Veeky Forums. I think you're even fatter than me.

>I can never tell if I'm in it.
I'm
I did it with keto, and I'm about to save your life here, please pay attention.

amazon.com/Smackfat-Ketone-Strips-Measurement-Adaptation/dp/B00SODYZQK
buy these

Walmart also sells them near the blood sugar testing kits, they will help you immensely. I didn't understand how the diet actually worked until I started testing. Other than that, you're gonna make it

Is it possible to lose fat but not weight? I've gotten clearly thinner the last couple of days but haven't gone down really

y-you too

I'll do

I've been pissing on several kinds of those sticks. Ketostix, Reli-On, etc... They turn some shade of pink or stay negative. I've been testing them. All Friday yesterday, I fasted for 24 hours and tested at the end of it. That was the only time it was a faded pinkish violet. Think "Small" trace.

Either way, I'm seeing progress with my diet, and I'm able to stick with it.

It takes about 5-8 days of staying under limits for me to start producing ketones.

Could it be that you're somehow going over carb reqs one day a week? That doesn't make sense, if you've been doing it for over a month then you should be testing deep to dark brown.

I stick to 30g carbs a day. If they go over, it's because of fiber or sugar alcohols(very rare I consume food with these). I don't count fiber or sugar alcohols. I stick to 30g net carbs for my limit.

Not sure what could be going on, honestly.

Fiber counts, and sugar alcohols are a meme.

At your weight you could lose weight doing any diet, but right now it seems like you're just doing a CICO. Don't get me wrong, it works wonders but if that's all you're doing then you don't need to limit carbs.

You should definitely be testing above the middle of the strip spectrum if you want to be in actual ketosis.

Thanks, user! That's a good idea

How good/bad are pork rinds as an alternative to potato chips as a snack?

>a snack?
Why on earth do you need to eat more than 3x a day?

There's a fucking reason you got fat, and snacking is probably a big part of it.

Most pork rinds are zero carb, but are high in sodium and the calories can quickly add up. 1/2oz for one serving is usually 80 calories. It isn't difficult to eat an entire bag and take down all 10 services, adding up to 800 calories.

I, personally wouldn't recommend them unless you have a very unrestricted caloric intake. They're great for a substitute to breadcrumbs for meatloaf, but other than that, they go quick and add up quick if you're not careful.

they're disgusting man. i tried to convince myself they were okay for the longest time but it's just not true. idk how anybody can eat them.

the BBQ ones are good with fresh salsa, but hot and original are pure trash

>saved up enough good boy points for a cheat day
>just barely break my recommended calories by 400
I can't even gorge on junk food anymore. It feels good

pls repond

fat has weight, unless you're putting on muscle at the same time then no

>I've gotten clearly thinner the last couple of days
explain

do you have a tape measure?

RESPOND PLX

yes, but it's noticeable to people i go to college with. I actually gained a pound too. I've been cutting
>unless you're putting on muscle at the same time
can you do that? I'm doing anarobic exercise primarily

>yes
i meant no. I must be retarded

>can I do this
Wrong
>who will stop me from doing this

I should also add that it's noticeable to everyone in my life, but the people i see twice a week are mentioning it nonstop

I thought you weren't physically able to gain muscle and burn fat

Water/food/poop will cause your weight to fluctuate a lot.

>noticeably thinner over a couple of days
Nah. Over months you will see a visible difference. Days is irrelevant.

it's a colloquialism

So you're the same weight you were months ago?

Or what?

weeks

and it's not exact. it goes down like a pound or so. but it's gone up a couple times too

Yes. Start taking tape measurements instead of just stepping on the scale. If your waist (or anything else) is getting smaller, you're losing fat.

How do you deal with hunger surges through diets guys?

My hunger makes me lose focus and really irritated. Its like im addicited to food i cant stop eating when im hungry.

Substitute in foods that are more filling. Usually those that have more fiber. For example, really watery oatmeal. That shit is an appetite-killer for me at least; makes me want to puke pretty quickly if I try to stuff myself with it.

But all this is treating the symptoms. You'll have to slowly get used to managing this feeling without resorting to eating as that's probably what led to you gaining weight in the first place.

If you're eating nutritious food at regular intervals in correctly sized portions then you shouldn't feel hungry.

Sometimes I forget to eat for a day and the next day I'll have a short temper, but usually I'm not hungry or irritable. Another thing, you are not addicted to food. You are "psychologically addicted" to the feeling of overeating, to the point where I doubt you know what normal portions look and feel like. Are you going to let your primal urges beat your frontal cortex? Decide that you aren't hungry, remind yourself that you've eaten a perfectly normal amount of calories that day and your next meal will be coming. With time, it gets easier. Your stomach will shrink and your mind will grow.

>You'll have to slowly get used to managing this feeling without resorting to eating as that's probably what led to you gaining weight in the first place.

>Your stomach will shrink and your mind will grow.

Makes sense. Thanks alot bros

>If you're eating nutritious food at regular intervals in correctly sized portions then you shouldn't feel hungry.

This isn't a general rule that you can say applies to all of humanity. There's variance in people's reactions to food. I'd say that nutritious food, regular meal times and sensible portions increases satiation in comparison to empty calories, eating irregularly and binging. But I wouldn't give a guarantee of being hunger-free by eating like that, just that there would be less hunger than before. For some the reduction would lead to them becoming hunger-free but not for all.

That's a fair point, but consider that those people who still feel hungry when getting their daily recs are just abnormal or people who have reduced leptin receptors caused by obesity.

>Set a goal in early February to be 230 by April 15th
>Not even March 15th and already 230

feelsgoodman.jpg

You fatties should start tripping and competing for whose the fattest

Yeah, someone eating at maintenance and getting hunger pangs would be a rarity. I was under the impression you meant a guy on a hefty caloric deficit (like lots of fatties in these threads) could completely avoid getting hungry by just eating right. I can accept someone like that existing, but I think they'd be quite a rarity too.

im the dude

What you said is interesting.

>reduced leptin receptors caused by obesity.

I once used to weigh 270lbs. Im at 200 lbs, im trying to lose the last 20lbs but i've been feeling insane hunger. I mean i've never not been hungry while losing weight. But what got me through those 70lbs was pure anger (so emotions). But now that the anger has subsidied i guess im feeling the hunger much more intensly. I get so hungry it almost drives me to madness. Do you might think i've fucked up my hunger hormones forever by being obese for several years?

I used to feast on pizzas, döner, chips, candy and many other high calorie and high sodium foods.

not gonna make it lads. i think about food all the time. when i'm at the gym i think about food. when i'm at work i think about food all day and count the minutes to lunch. when i drive home from work i think about what i'm gonna eat for dinner. when i'm eating dinner i think about what i'm gonna eat in the morning. food is everything to me, it's all i have. i literally think about it constantly, and can't escape it.

been intermittent fasting and low carb for 6 weeks now. Today I had 2 boiled eggs for lunch and chicken and aspargus for diner and a spoonful of no added sugar peanut butter as desert.
Lost 24lb so far. But I'm seriusly fat fuck so I have so far to go its depressing.

Renew your anger, it is the primary drive toward fitness.

Hate not everything around you, hate instead everything you are. For once you truly hate yourself, nothing can stop you from becoming what you've always wanted to be.

Nothing bothers me more than people commenting on how I lost weight.

I KNOW I LOST WEIGHT
STOP
IT'S AWKWARD

Is stuff like this allowed on keto? I noticed that even though these things have 2g "net" carbs, they have 18 in total, and somehow reduce to net carbs because sugar alcohols don't count or something?

trying to cheat the system with these gimmicks just dont work. you just have to go without, thats the deal.

No you fat fuck it's a trick.

Do not fall for the atkins shit, they try to market it as "well you can kind of do the diet and still have a reeses cup!" but it always fails.

All or nothing if you're doing keto, CICO if you don't have the willpower.

so does that mean the carbs-fiber=net carbs is also false?

I aim for 0 carbs but I get some from vegetables and i might have like a little gravy on my meat. I always look at carbs as carbs no matter what type of carb and I'm losing weight.

Being really fucking fat?

16 lbs in over a month is not that impressive for a 400 pound cheeto barge

Yes

I think its impressive because they are making the effort and doing it. its obviously not easy or there wouldnt be fat people

> be slim grill
> full depth leg press 5plate for 15 rep sets as warm up

It's not a real lift, I dont even squat more than 1plate. Just don't even bring it up especially since the fact you're fat makes that weight even less impressive. No offense, call me a roastie if it makes u feel better.

if i cook chicken breasts in the morning (6am) could i eat it at 12 am, would it be safe

No the chicken police will shoot you on sight

Yes. I'm assuming you meant 12pm, but either is fine. People lived without refrigeration for thousands of years, it won't kill you.

I'm sure you have an innie so calling you a roastie wouldn't even be relevant.

in the first few weeks you lose a lot of water weight, does it matter how much water you drink though? like should you not overdo the water drinking if you want to shed water weight quickly as possible?

12 pm is noon user. 12 am is midnight

Why do you want to shed water weight? Got a professionnal boxing match coming up? If not, stop trying to feel good because of the scale. BEFORE YOU'VE EVEN STARTED.

I know, that's what I'm assuming he meant because why on earth are you waking up at 6 am and eating at midnight?

It makes much more sense to cook it for breakfast and eat it at work for lunch.

i get hungry eating at maintenance but i've had an eating disorder for 15 years

yeah six hours from waking up is what i meant

i am going to try a keto diet and not count calories until a bit later

tdee is 3700

going to go for 2700-3200 cal/day

depends on the food you are eating too. If it is just super calorie dense junk food, then you are going to be hungry at maintenance still.

that's interesting. what kind of stuff do you eat?

is it that big a deal if i don't hit the goal for fat in myfitnesspal?

Nonsense.

Same happens to me. I can eat over maintenance and still be hungry when i eat junk food.

>been on a diet and going to the gym for the last week and a half
>getting tired much earlier than usual

Is this normal?

Fat is important for the brain. Both protein and fat are your numero uno priorities when dieting. Carbs arent actually when dieting, that's why keto is such a great way to diet.

I switch between binge eating, exercise bulimia and anorexia. I eat really healthy, 5 types of veg a meal with lean protein. But want to binge eat every day no matter what.

Yes, happens to me all the time. The larger the calorie deficit is, the hungrier i get. Some days i feel dizzy and have a hard time focusing on anything. Vitamin tablets and water usually solves that.