How does hand size effect lifting?

how does hand size effect lifting?

For pulling it helps a lot actually, since it is the point of contact of the lift and the grip for many is the weakest link of the chain. Big hands and/or big forearms can make you a great deadlifter, since it makes a lot easier. For pressing not so much, just helps a little bit more on grip and stabilization, more on the former.

this image is retarded. I have huge ass hands, but I also have ridiculously long arms, I can only barely pull off the stretch.

But yeah I think it does at a point. If you have tiny little girl hands then pulling exercises are probably much more difficult. But then again, it would probably put more stress on the forearms (think big grip bars) which would mean more gains maybe.

According to that I have really tiny hands but I don't

jesus crhist another thing to feel insecure about

thanks Veeky Forums

>tfw stunted hand growth

I'll never make it, guys.

>being a forearmlet

more or less this good climbers tend to have longer fingers and that helps with grip.

The purported claims about large-sized hand benefits make me question what benefits or advantages there are to smaller hands. Do any of you know of any?

For lifting? Not really.

For fine motor skill stuff? Kind of an advantage if they take up less space, unless reach is a factor (say, for playing the piano - kind of a reason the stereotype about 'musicians hands' is long and thin).

Reminder that if you can do this, it's more likely than not that you have Marfan Syndrome, which makes you more likely to have an aortic dissection or outright blow out your aorta any time you strain yourself.

i hace small hands. only thing that's harder is deadlifting and even then i'm pulling more than most of the people i know. also played football in hs and i could catch better than most of our receivers even under pressure

WARNING THIS IS A TROLL IMAGE

THE RIGHT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE
THE LEFT IS SOME FREAKISH DWARF ARM

You can fist girls easier.

>THE LEFT IS SOME FREAKISH DWARF ARM
t. handlet.

I think you just have short forearms. I can hook grip an axle but I can't quite reach from elbow to wrist.

you have an effect /on/ something, or you affect something

you meant to say affect

Look at this shit

The perfect proportions
Hand not even close to covering the entire forearm

posting a pic here will help you fight with and overcome that insecurity.

Did you try it on your arm. I bet you aren't a handlet.

Did you broke your arm?

None
Zero advantage
Small hands are a deformity

I have absurdly small hands and wrists, and it does fuck woth grip strenght a lot.

tfw long, thin fingers relative to small palm

>female gloves fit better
>long forearm

actually looking at the photo my fingers look thicker and shorter than they do in real life.

Only advantage is fitting into children size gloves and saving a few bucks

that pic is bait

i have huge hands, bigger than the average for sure, and if i were to be able to do what the first pic is doing i'd be fucking Micky mouse

i have tiny hands and wrists but grip strength and deadlifts are two of my strongest points

the only weakness ive noticed is balancing dumbbells in the palm for bench press, a bit more hand width would definitely help. if i dont grip them at the exact correct point it gets awkward

stubby lil' fingers here, it makes it a bit harder to hold the bar for a front squat (cos of that weird curled around grip) but it's not really an issue for me

I have baby hands and it is literally impossible for me to hook grip.

My grip isn't the worst as I can dl 3 plates doh, but it would be better with bigger hands.

Deadlifting is the only issue it seems to effect anything in lifting. Though I have much bigger problems in that area with short fucking arms and somewhat long torso and legs.

Pretty much fuck the deadlift.

Me too )';

trim your fingernails user

Nice tard thumb and toe

Cut you fingernails you mong

>tfw Rust Cohle skeletor hands
Just end it all.

Tale hgh

make me

Am I allowed to stretch my hand or is it only in that comfy position that I'm supposed to measure

Use straps and see if you're right.