Can we get a /meditation/ general going?

Anyone have the Veeky Forums meditation pic? Couldn't find it

Post advice, how to's and anecdotes of how meditation has helped you in regard to lifting and your life in general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c&spfreload=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Ijnt-eXukwk
marc.ucla.edu/meditation-at-the-hammer
diydharma.org/inner-art-meditation-cd-1-jack-kornfield
youtube.com/watch?v=7HYY4eitC9c
youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
soundcloud.com/samharrisorg/mindfulness-meditation-26
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Less cortisol
Less stress
Less anxiety
Less depression
More awareness

I'll start off with a question

So I'm very interested in adding this to my daily schedule, is starting as simple as looking up on google? are there different types? What stretches can I do to be able to sit with that crazy cross leg of resting both feet on my thighs?

To put it simply, I'd have killed myself long ago had I not taken up meditation.

Has meditating changed the way you look at life in general at all? And what do you mean by more awareness?

headspace wanted 7 a month so i torrented it
>Post advice
meditate , find a meditation that fits you there are so many
magnet link

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:46F20E647E59D51A82B781BAF4472578623D1F75&dn=Headspace%20v2%20%28Complete%20-%20December%202015%29&tr=http%3a%2f%2fmgtracker.org%3a6881%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce

>respectable dubs
How and why did you start? How do you feel it helped?

Well I just started my journey with meditation last week. I've meditated in the past, but never stuck with a daily routine. I meditate at night right before i go to sleep and reflect on my day. 10 minutes a night is it, and it has helped open my mind in so many ways, even after a few days. I use the app Headspace, and im on day 5 atm, but its incredible. It's not a meme bros. it;s hard to explain, but you wont know unless you do it for yourself. just try headspace's free 10 day program, 10 minutes a day for 10 days and it will change your life. good luck bros

Thanks for the words, good luck on your journey

>How and why did you start?
During college, it was a way for me to study and focus at first, then it became a lifestyle. Things "flowed" easier, if that makes sense, and it made a world of difference in terms of my ability to handle stress. I wasn't sperging out anymore, it was a clear day.

>How do you feel it helped?
I can't do shit with a racing mind, as I always just shut down and binge surf the net. Meditation puts me in a position where I face my mind and stay with it, letting it relax and operate smoothly.

Can't cope with racing thoughts, meditation stabilized that, allowing me to cope and become an effective planner.

yes
yes
ive never tried yoga , i should .
youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c&spfreload=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Ijnt-eXukwk
long vids but worth it .

When i meditate, I usualy sit in bed with my legs straight out front with a pillow behind my back. It doesnt matter what position you're in, just be comfortable

Sounds like very similar reasons why I'm considering it, just feel like my life is so cluttered and meditation could really help me

Where did you look to begin? Have you taken the practice any deeper than a daily routine?

Is there a specific way that you've done that helped you?

>Where did you look to begin?
Different disciplines. Vipassana is the one I stick it, which is sitting and accepting things as they are. Your environment, your mind, that sort of approach.

>Have you taken the practice any deeper than a daily routine?
Not yet. My main interest right now is using it to get through working life, while still being able to keep fit. And yes, it absolutely did help with decluttering my mind.

Protip: If you fall out of practice, you will be back to your old self, so be sure to remain consistent as much as possible. I fell out of practice and it was back to being overwhelmed by every little thing.

I have practiced meditation off and on for years. Beginners should concentrate on establishing the habit rather than anything more profound. Just spend 5-10 minutes sitting with your eyes closed. You can focus on something or just allow your mind to wander. After a few minutes, you should be in a noticeably more calm state of mind. Reaching this state gets faster as you gain experience. From there, you should employ whatever process which helps you achieve your meditation goals.

An interesting thing to do is focus on the shapes that appear in your vision after a while. They eventually become more well-defined and you can enter a partial dream state. Unfortunately, it's very easy to lose focus when in this state.

So I guess it's more about the state of mind than the setup, is there anything you do extra that helps you focus? Like music or something else?

well atm im listening to a guided meditation provided by the app Headspace. so i use headphones for that

Is there more you can do with it? What is past the beginner stage?

I would definitely start with beginner, but knowing some possibilities of future endeavors could greatly help my discipline, it's the same thing with me and lifting. Just the idea that my better self is waiting for me keeps me going.

Thanks for the advice! Good luck on your journey bro

Have you tried it without the guided? Could you compare them if so?

i listen to guided meditations such as
marc.ucla.edu/meditation-at-the-hammer
and headspace , currently doing self esteem
but there are many ways .

When you get the hang of it, you can use your intuition to guide you. There are lots of methods out there. You can try to move your 'awareness' to other parts of your body. You can try to explore your mind by using mental imagery. There was an old school method in 'Think and Grow Rich' where you simulate conversations with your imagined 'brain trust' (I.E, Having a chat with Albert Einstein to discuss your math homework). My personal method is to chase after those semi-dream states that I mentioned. It all depends on what your personal philosophy requires

this is the lecture/practice series that got me fully bought in to vipassana meditation and meditation in general. i've listened to many more since then in my 3 years of practice and this is the best one and the one i always come back to. going to start it again tomorrow. peace be with you my fitbros. daily meditation practice changed my life.

diydharma.org/inner-art-meditation-cd-1-jack-kornfield

forgot the link

This is both a great explanation of HOW to meditate, and also in itself a very good guided meditation session. 10 minutes long, no bullshit:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HYY4eitC9c

youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
bump

great explanation indeed, thank you

Ho lee shit this is amazing, ty for sharing! Listened to this in bed w headphones on. I eventually became aware of my (shallow) breathing and it just became so much more deep after that point.

who here /amphetamine/ with meditation?

i have a script for adderall and using it while meditation results in a pretty good combo. focus and broad awareness from meditation combined with sustained interest and concentration from adderall and i feel like every problem i have has a logical and clear solution.

I did LSD and after that Ive been on a sudden roll of fitness. It really changed my mind and was a positive experience all around. I feel like the meditation and different "lubricants" can reset the mind in a good way..

Hey I've been meditating for sever years, it was part of my recovery program in the mental hospital. (I didn't try to kill myself just went manic). Anyway, I recommend mindful meditation. soundcloud.com/samharrisorg/mindfulness-meditation-26 This one is really good if you're struggling with something in your life, teaches you the objective difference between consciousness, self-consciousness, reflection and the self. All of which are distinct. Headspace is also good, I would not pay for it though because meditation should be free/socially shared.

>niggas whomst: the thread