1/2/3/4 thread

How long did it take you to get to 1/2/3/4? Also, what routines did you do?

Please only post in this thread if you are 1/2/3/4+, no liftlets please.

I've been lifting for 5 years, but super inconsistently. I spent about a year on pretty much every day.

Then for the 3 years after that I'd have weeks where I'd go 3 times a week, and then month gaps in between. I was lifting everyday this summer, took some time off in Fall, and now I'm back it at least three times a week. I hit 1/2/3/4 this past Summer.

I probably could have gotten there in like 2 1/2 years if I had stayed consistent. The fall break dropped my strength. I can get 1/2/3 now but not for as many reps as I used to do. I tried 365 DL a few days ago and only got 2.

As far as routine goes, I started with 3x8-10 then 5x5, but I don't really keep track at this point. I more go for what feels right.

I definitely always aim for heavy lifts over reps, so I tend to stay below 8 reps for most lifts, but in terms of sets I keep going until I know my body is at its limits. I think this is much better than coming to the gym with the idea that you're going to do x reps and y sets. Just know your body and go to your limits.

I made sure I did the big four 2x a week, I'd do 2 warm-up sets at lower weights for 8 reps then do 5x5 heavy lifts, then 3x3 + 2.5kg (for bench and ohp), once a week I'd do my 1rm 2x1. Bench and ohp exploded this way. With squat and deadlift you can add 5kg every 2 workouts, BUT you have to make sure you have good form. For squat I had to relearn everything from pussy weights and leave my ego at the door.

About 2 years. Former fatty. Did too much cardio like a retard and became skinnyfat with very minor gains.

Focused on technique and slow progression. Did SL and accessory work. When I stalled just worked on those lifts until I made progress.

Just hit 1/2/3/4 last December. Running GZCL J&T 2.0 currently for comfy workouts. Currently at 145/250/360/425 at 165. Still pretty shit tho senpai.

1 hit 1/2/3/4 last november
I have been lifting for 3 years with the first two and a half being yt meme tier workouts.

Honestly it took me about 1 year. 7 months fucking around in the gym and 5 months actually lifting. In order first to last.
OHP month 9
Bench month 10
Squat month 12
Dead month 12
Now at 1.4 years I'm at
5 rep maxes are
OHP 150lbs
Bench 250lbs
Squat 315 lbs
Dead 335lbs

315 squat in about a year and a half

got 405 deadlift in about 8 months (from 135x5), got 500 in about a year and a half

was actually deadlifting 500 well before I was benching 225, which took me 2 years

doyou need a belt for 4 plate dl?

and how long?

you don't need a belt for any dl

you use a belt whenever you feel that you need one, it allows you to keep a rigid torso more easily and lets you put more weight on the bar

very few people wouldn't benefit from using a belt for squats/deadlifts

You never need a belt. They're just sometimes useful.

routine, weightheight and pic plz!

About 1.5 years, but I lived in another country for 4 months and lost 10kg and all my gains, after 6 months lifting, so around a year.

Routine was The FST-7 Training Program. Did that from month 7-9 then from month 9-12 I did an upper/lower body routine I don't remember with the big 3 lifts. From month 12-now I'm running Texas Method.
I'm 193lbs at 5'9"
I'm leaning towards powerlifting so aesthetics isn't my top priority. I don't look good bro but that's okay
>you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like

Another pic

thanks, you would easily look good if you just did a cut.

Took 3 months as a chubby hs football player. In the 10 years since only added 100 lbs to my lifts tho

I only started early Jan and my lifts are
Back Squat - 315lbs
OHP - 115lbs
BP - 165lbs
Deadlift-365lbs

Getting there on everything but having the hardest time pushing my bench up.

Two oddly reasonable and agreeing posts about belts on Veeky Forums. The end is near, bros.

January to just two days before Thanksgiving of the same year. Deadlift was strangely last, even though it is proportionately my best lift now.

These days I'm doing them all for sets of five at least. Progress feelsgoodman.gif.

I still feel like I don't look like I even lift. Dat body dismorphia. Both my current GF and my ex-GF are getting annoyed because I mention it fairly often.

1 year 3 months

300lb bench
>305lb squat
185 ohp
415 deadlift

Considering you only started a couple months ago, I really wouldn't worry about it. It'll get there preeetty quick.

Also, consider a program with more arm volume. Most noob programs have like 2x the squat volume as bench, and it's dumb as shit. I'm sure there's a horde of DYELs out there claiming that there's actually a decent amount of upper body volume in whatever program (SS) they chose because of all the ancillary muscles being worked on their compounds, but you know what? If you rely on ancillary muscle stimulation for growth, you're going to progress like shit.

I've actually been subbing in some biceps and triceps on the b day right before hitting dead lifts. Another thing I've noticed is that I've been sticking around my TDEE but have been gaining weight while losing body fat.

this x100

I stuck pretty much exclusively to Rippetoe programming, and that plus me being a naturally shitty bencher resulted in a 500 deadlift before a 225 bench

3x5 bench either once or twice a week for a total of 6 sessions a month is not nearly enough for most people which is why "SS bench stall" is like the most common thing you see on SS forums and lifting forums in general