Why do bicyclists dress so pretentiously? Like they're fucking Lance Armstrong

Why do bicyclists dress so pretentiously? Like they're fucking Lance Armstrong

Whatever happened to just a regular t shirt and shorts while biking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY
shimano-lifestylegear.com/gl/pd/technologies/clickr.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a e r o d y n a m i c s

Why the fuck do you care so much about things like this instead of worrying about your sad pathetic austistic life.

>20 mph
>aerodynamics

Aerodynamics don't kick in until around 65 mph

I don't understand this either. Do you just buy a bunch of spandex day one when you decide to be a cyclist?

Nah, fuck off. This has been on my mind for some time as well. If you're not gonna explain your faggy athletic wear, leave the thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY

I want to get a cheap road bike and see if I really want to get into it for weightloss and general adventure riding.

What do?

>found the triggered bikelet

wrong

I think you just answered your own question.

i should have said what get then.

>adventure riding

I guarantee disappointment. Every great trip was because of scouting + serendipity

Stop riding on the road. Fuck face.

To avoid chafing/rash. Runners do the same thing...

>physics don't exist until you're falling off a building
>math doesn't exist until it's time to do your taxes
>science doesn't exist until you put the wrong kind of gas in your car
retard.

roads are made for riding nigger.

how do people fall for shit baits like this

Been thinking about a road bike as a means for cardio for a while.

Thing is I walk 4 miles a day and some of that route is downhill. Worried cycling that would eat at my steady walking cardio. Guess I could take a longer route?

The same reason why people act like total fags about anything

There are plenty of assholes who get weightlifting singlets, knee braces, belts, straps, chalk, everything and then look down at everyone else while they lift DYEL weights

There are cunts in every single hobby because now that jobs are essentially meaningless busy-work, people can't define themselves by their careers. They need something to define themselves and put all the effort they can into it
It's the same reason why identity politics has taken off
People need an identity and without something substantial to latch onto, they create their own substance in shallow things, which to outsiders makes them look like cunts

D-don't you have to go back uphill too?

If it's shorter, go harder

Get some nice panniers or a basket on the back and you'll wonder how you lived without it

Yeah but surely the shoter time spent cycling means less calories expended?

Fuck brah, cycling my food shopping home sounds wonderful!

I bought a 2014 model Trek 1.5 and I could not recommencement it more (any other recent years model is just as good I'm sure) This was my first road bike after riding a mountain bike and a flat bar road bike for several years.

I got myself some Shimano clickr pedals/shoes/cleats which allow me to get off the bike and walk around like a normal person (the cleats sit in a recess in the underside of the shoe).

shimano-lifestylegear.com/gl/pd/technologies/clickr.php

Highly recommend checking those out.

PS fuck those lycra wearing twats.

I could understanding wanting clothing that is waterproof/moisture wicking for riding in all kinds of weather (super hot summer day, drizzly spring, even in winter weather just trying to keep yourself dry).

I agree with your sentiment though. As a white person it definitely feels like white people always fag up whatever sport theyr'e doing by having to go out and buy a bunch of overpriced unnecessary bullshit meme gear to look like their favorite world class athletes just so they can do whatever casual thing they're trying to do.

To each their own I guess but it's quite the spectacle to giggle at when I see these people IRL.

American education

>these autistic homos not getting a simple fucking joke

>feels like white people always fag up whatever sport theyr'e doing by having to go out and buy a bunch of overpriced unnecessary bullshit meme gear to look like their favorite world class athletes
>implying white people alone do that

Like you never see black people with 400 dollar sneakers and the rest of an expensive ass outfit to play casual basketball

Then why not wear running shorts with the built in undies instead of a whole kit?

t. Biker

niggers always play basketball with their shirts off

I ride my bike all the time. I hate those faggots who dress in the spandex short-shorts and racing gear like they're about to do the fucking tour de france.

My dad has been cycling for years (used to race semi-pro), will go for 50-70 mile rides ~3 times a week, though they're getting shorter as he gets into his 60s.

It's comfort, prevents chafing/rashing, temperature control. It's no different than getting pads/cleats/jerseys for other sports. Though if they have the time trial helmets they've gone too far.

I would rather not look like a faggot though

YES THANK YOU!

I was biking last summer to the store wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a hoodie tied around the waist. Everybody looked at me like I was crazy

Can bike faggot explain they insist on taking an entire fucking lane on a public road instead of being on a side walk or at least the very side of the road? When I get stuck behind you fuckers I just wanna run you fucking down.

Most sports equipment looks pretty faggy and dumb to people outside of that sport. If you're that worried about appearances while you exercise dont do stuff that requires you to go outside to work out.

Fair point

Those people are just assholes. They're the equivalent of the guys who dont rerack weights and are obnoxious assholes at the gym. There's some in every hobby.

Riding on the sidewalk is illegal bro

I did it all the time as a kid

this. if you kids didn't know, the sidewalk is for WALKING, hence the fucking name sideWALK.

doesn't stop pedestrians from walking the bike path

so we can all agree that bikefags are the most obnoxiously disgusting pieces of shit to ever roam the earth and they all deserve to be run down like flea infested opossums right?

do they also take off their 400 dollar sneakers?

That's why I carry a casual whip whenever I ride my bicycle

reported. the cops are coming now brah

regular shorts are very unconfortable when you ride 80+ miles. A normal t-shit is too lose and thats anoying.

Also bike shirts have pockets at the back where you can but your mobile and some snacks, which you need when going for 80+ miles.

Also aerodynamics are not a meme

Why would you purposefully use gear unsuited and ineffective for your activity?
Cycling jerseys are the way they are for a reason. They don't flap in the wind. They don't rub against your skin. They wick moisture away. They're cut in a way that doesn't expose your lower back when you bend forward. They have pockets on the back so they don't get in the way in cycling position.
You'll understand once you ride further than 50 km.

riding on the sidewalk is illegal idiot

Because cagers habitually pass cyclists unsafely (i.e. with traffic coming from the other side) to save precious 5 seconds on their trip from sitting at work to sitting at home. Taking the lane forces them to wait for an actual opening.

>I just wanna run you fucking down.
But you won't. You know it and we know it too, that's why we do it.

I commute by bike.

Cycling in your normal clothes will put holes in the crotch. Because of this I wear joggers. On top I wear a reflective thing so that, when I get hit and killed, they don't blame me for wearing dark clothes.

believe it or not some people have important things to do and places to be, instead of running around with lgbt spandex on a two whealed sybian

If it's so important they probably should have left earlier.

>whealed
is elementary school one of these places?

In most places it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk. And you can't do it safely at a reasonable speed due to pedestrians. The road is legal and safer, despite retarded driver aggro.

>having to leave earlier because you're going to encounter your regular infestation of human condoms on your way

thanks bikers

This discussion belongs to /fraud/

>5 seconds
>going 20 on a fucking 55mph road

You people are scum

english school might be more accurate in this case, as not every single user in this shithole has english as his native language

"cyclists are fucking cancer" did I spell this correctly?

Niggers only wear $400 sneakers at the mall

They're usually college educated guys who find a specific thing that defines their "manliness" since they're usually pretty liberal

>compression shorts
feels good
>compression vest
feels good
>jersey
keeps me from smelling like a swamp
>gloves
carpal tunnel is serious business

how is this pretentious

Comfort. Ride the stationary bike at the gym for an Hour in regular clothes and tell me how your ass feels.

The shorts are just normal workout shorts with ass padding, the shirts are Longer in the back so it covers the ass crack and they're bright coloured so motorists can easily see them while texting eating and Listening to loud music.

I don't mind them on the road, but I see these jack asses at the grocery store often. Like maybe you forgot your water bottle or want a quick snack, I get that.... but you're pushing a cart with your whole family beside you and they're dressed casual.

Like what the fuck, do you think that bulge is impressive?!

Theres dick padding in the shorts because they have to ride with a thing under their ass. If they don't wear it it can lead to a lot of bad stuff including infertility.

So basically that's not their dick and they aren't pretending it is.

You'll just end up waiting at the lights anyway

Then why wear it outside of a bike saddle. Is it the midlife crisis? Look at how fit and in shape I am, I have bike gear!? I worked in a suits shop and have seen dudes come wearing cycling suits to buy formal wear. Like son of a bitch, I get going to the mall on bike, but you didn't just bike for 80 miles before coming here, and you aren't going to bike 80 miles with a bag full of dress shirts, so what gives.

Kek

Most places aren't too fond of people stripping to their underwear and changing clothes when they enter then going to change back with all their groceries before leaving

A suit shop has changing rooms.

A grocery with your family while your wife has make-up, jewelry and a sundress and the kids are there... and with a huge cart. I think you came by SUV. It's probably running in the parking lot too.

not all cyclists dress like that; learn fucking english before you paint everyone with the same brush.

This is the same reason people think that people who go to the gym are meat-heads

This is the same reason people think that X is a stupid exercise program/system/protocol

This is the same reason people think that X is not a realistic/effective/appropriate fighting style to defend yourself

This is the same reason people think that X is a group of people that lie/steal/cheat/commit crimes

Try not to generalize and you will learn SO much more about, well, everything; I know it is very hard but you have to analyze these matters on a case-by-case basis in order to truly educate yourself and broaden your horizons.

Think of it like this. You're at the gym just finishing one of your favorite workouts and now you're thirsty. Oh no your water bottle is in your car and some shithead openly presses his mouth to the fountain.
Your gym is next to a pre school and you're wearing your squat shorts. Do you get the bottle or do you go into the changing room and shower and change even though you are only half way through your workout or do you go and get your Bottle?
I am combatIng your autism with my own

Have you ever been walking on a sidewalk and a cyclist rides past people going 30mph weaving in and out? No, of course not you fucking idiot. That's illegal.

I do because I'm actually doing squats (do they really exist? I want some I figure it would make my glutes joocy) .
Being at the gym, forgetting your earphones in your car, and getting them is very different than dressing up in my squats shorts and lifter singlet then go buy a suit for a funeral.

it's called giving it a good honest try, user
you should try it sometime.

Damn, that's pretty spot on. Especially about the identity politics

Honestly their are too many things you don't know about the cyclists you're Judging. Do they own a car? How far is the commute? Why are they there? What are they doing?
In the same way you can judge all cyclists based on a select few you may or may not have seen, any other person could perceive all who lift weights as roided up homosexuals who only eat oats and drink monster zero because they went here for 15 minutes.
I am not calling you a liar though I'm trying to make you see perspective

>2017
>riding the two-wheeled jew

Except we both lift weight, we're both kinda homo, and we both sip Diet Monster (Ok I lied, I sip diet rockstar).

You got me there

American education brow beats you into being a silent moron.

Canadian education encourages you to voice stupid shit.