Am i doing weight loss wrong?

Im doing 1600 calories a day with a 2000 BMR

Im lifting weights every 2nd day (i dont count this into my BMR, too extreme maybe?)

I'm eating high protein low carbs

everyone keeps saying im eating too low calories. btw i get like 120-200g protein daily.

it's been 3- 3.5 weeks of this and ive lost a legit 4 kilos, maintaining muscle like a champ.

so am i eating too little or what? cos results seem awesome and ive got another 10 kilos to lose so i wanna go fast.

That's how I do it, breh. I'm on a similar ketonic diet right now.

Last time I dropped 20kg (45lbs for Ameriburgers) in 14 weeks doing this. Here's a pic of my last cut Keep in mind that this is 4 weeks before the end of my cut too.

And here I am at the end of the diet, fully carbed up.

nice dude, impressive results. I might just keep doing what Im doing or eat another 100-200 calories extra to include the energy i burn from lifting weights, but im really happy with the results and i feel great so im gonna trust that personal experience for now.

What are the macros of the Ouroboros?
He keeps eating himself and stays lean, mmm...

Yeah, you should see how your body reacts and how you feel.

Infinite. That's why I can stop eating carbs and keep my gains.

if it's working it's working,keep doing what makes your successful

okay thanks man i was just getting doubtful there. i wanna lose weight fast but i dont wanna be too extreme. I think i'll just include the weight lifting into my BMR and enjoy the bit of extra food. That sounds most reasonable.

>45 lbs in 14 weeks
thats well over double the speed of a healthy weight loss plan.

Well, maybe. But I was and still am in perfect health.

It really depends on the individual body.

what is "healthy" though? he lost hella weight and still obviously retained a lot of muscle? He looks great. also Im assuming he felt fine the whole time. I think people underestimate how fast you can lose weight and still be healthy, especially when you eat high protein and a clean diet.

You can keep going the way you are right now, but you should probably add fat to your diet more. Try going only 150g of protein a day, you dont really need more. Get more calories from fat and that further limits your carb intake, so you must really plan on timing them per day. If you time them right, your training wont suffer and youll do fine.

there are approximately 7500 kcals in 1 kg of fat. you are telling me that you cut 10,700 calories per week naturally and suffered no ill effects?

It's never all from fat obviously, and keeping a 1k kcal deficit isnt terrible for a short term at all.

Well, yeah. I was also sleeping 4-5 hours daily due to working night shifts at the time.

Then again I've always been resilient. It may not be good for everyone but losing 25-30lb in that time frame should be doable for most people.

all i know is i eat 1600 calories a day and workout and ive lost 4 kilos. could well be some muscle loss but not much (that i can see).

there could be water loss too. i might be overreaching with 4 kilos but it's definitely still significant.

and yeah i feel more healthy than when i ate a lot. Never hungry, just perfectly fine. no negative effects.

oh and im fasting too for like 18 hours a day.

How the hell is this a 20kg difference? You weren't especially chubby in the first one and you're not even insanely ripped in the second. I don't see how the hell this is a 20kg difference, I went from 120kg to 100kg and went through all the notches on an inzer belt, I had a huge gut and had abs after.

Plus your time frame doesn't even make sense, 20kg in 14 weeks is roughly a 1600 deficit, and you can only oxidize so much energy from fat per day.

thats cutting 1500 cals below your tdee. its unhealthy, literally starving yourself

>You weren't especially chubby in the first one
I was fat as fuck in the first pic, 20% or more, that's how.
>and you're not even insanely ripped in the second
I'm not a bodybuilder and I was very bloated in the last pic due to gorging on carbs and drinking a shitton of water + creatine.

No it's not starving, hes still getting enough calories to function just fine. Diets are more effective if done short term and more quickly, at least for the majority of people

I was eating 4 square meals daily. I definitely wasn't starving.

Dude no offence but im quite sure everyone else in this thread is talking about this shit on a GENERAL level while youre on the anedoctal side.

You were not "fat as fuck", When I started my cut at 120kg I was fat, I literally lost like 10 inches on my waist just by measuring the notches I used on my belt, I had to punch holes in my belt because the smallest notch was too loose.
You look like you lost 5-8% bodyfat, hell even 10% bodyfat loss would mean you weigh 200kg.. The numbers your posting don't add up at all.

whats your height and routine?

since when was going 500 calories below your BMR too extreme?

Which is why I said earlier that it's on an individual basis and everyone should judge for themselves what their body is capable of.

At the end of my cut I had a 29 inch waist at 6' tall. Your math is shit, I didn't measure my bf% loss but it was definitely more than 5%.

6'0. I did a Push/Pull 2x a week routine at the time.

this would be ~1500 cals below your bmr

How is my math at all wrong, your stats make zero sense. You said you lost 20kg, I'm saying even if that was a 10% body fat loss, that would literally mean you weight 200kg. Hell, even if it was some how 15% that would still put you close to 300lbs and you do not weigh anywhere close to that.

Nevermind the fact the deficit you did would result in muscle loss just because your body can't oxidize that much energy from fat, or the fact that 20kg is a massive amount of fat and you should look BB show ready in your after pic if you truly lost 20kg.

Your numbers make zero sense.

how do you get that number? my BMR is 2000. 1500 below would mean im eating 500 calories a day, which im not.

>lost 45 lbs in 14 weeks eating 4 square meals a day and doing an intermediate program 2x a week
>all this while cutting 1500 cals per day

Mate you're obvious a bit of a delusional fatass. Just you mentioning you got "abs" at 100kg is enough to see that.

500 cal deficit is about 1lb per week. this was over 3lb per week.

You eat below your TDEE not your BMR, your BMR is your body's basic needs, your TDEE factors in activity. If you're eating below your BMR and you're active you'll probably end up being at a massive deficit like +1500 cals.
My BMR is probably 2200ish, but my TDEE is 3300, if I ate 500 below my BRM id be at a massive deficit.

okay that makes sense, but I thought that hour long lifting sessions only burned like 200 calories? all i do is lift, about 3 times a week.

You're either a troll or a retard who's making shit up at this point. You haven't refuted the fact your numbers make no fucking sense just from a math point of view. You yourself are saying you lost more than dropped 5% weight of bodyfat, and unless you lost more than 20% you would have to weigh >275lbs.

How does abs at 100kg tell you anything? You don't know how much I lift, my height, or so many other factors. You're clearly retarded.

youre just starting your cut and im assuming its your first time cutting. your weight loss isnt unusual. keep up what your doing but dont expect it to continue at this rate for months.

>have over 20% bf
>drop down to somewhere in the 10-14% range
>lose a bunch of water as well
>probably some muscle

Wow, so complicated.

>you should look BB show ready
Kek, as a natty, that's impossible. Those guys are all 6% or less.

Eggs for breakfast, lean meat + veggies throughout the day.

>Eggs for breakfast, lean meat + veggies throughout the day.
eating healthy foods does not account for the fact that you would need to be eating at starvation levels for this to be possible.

Jesus you're fucking stupid, if 20kg is 6-10% of your body weight, that means you weighed between 200kg-333kg, which you fucking didn't. Hell I'll give you 5kg of water weight which is a fuckton, 15kg of fat loss still puts you at 150kg-250kg starting weight.

Nevermind that you just straight up can't oxidize that much fat, do you not understand how math works?

>not just doing 2-3 day fasts and getting shredded in a month

lol enjoy doing it wrong you losers

OP here, didn't know what TDEE was until now. Just read up on it and did a calculator. How does this make sense:

Basal Metabolic Rate: 1,885 calories per day
Sedentary: 2,262 calories per day

how the fuck do you burn 400 calories from doing nothing? If this shit is true, then my TDEE is like 3000??? huh? but lifting weights pretty casually for an hour can't burn that many calories

>I'm not even that guy

Thanks for proving my point fatty.

You do realize BF% is PURELY that? BODYFAT. Not your muscles, bones, whatever. Just bodyfat. 6% change doesn't mean 6% change over your total weight.

Wtf is with this legs. Man stop this SS shit

it might not be exact but it's going to be very close, you aren't losing bone density on a fucking cut you idiot.

Okay, lads. The pictures are right there, but you're right it's impossible.

Let me say this for the math genius. I never claimed I lost 20kg of pure fat. I lost more like 10kg of fat, something like 4-5kg of water (since I lost 6kgs of mass on my first week of cutting and that can only be water weight), and 2-3kg of muscle. Not more than that though since my strength levels were almost the same.

tdee takes into account your activity level. bmr assumes no activity. just take your tdee and and subtract 500. eat that many calories per day to lose about 1lb per week.

if you say so, bud.

Well, you sure proved me wrong with that retort.

>being this autistically upset that someone lost weight quickly

what's your story bro

we proved you wrong mathematically. at this point theres nothing left to say except to make it clear to OP and other newfags that a 3.2lb/week weight loss plan isnt healthy and probably didnt actually happen.

That's what I' m saying you mouthbreather. You act like 8% bf change is 8% over someone's weight (20% -> 10% on a 100kg guy doesn't change 10 kg). Please read.

No, you didn't. Your shitty math the doesn't trump actual proof.

holy shit. Since when did TDEE become a thing? When i was here like 5 years ago it was all about BMR.

so i calculated my TDEE and it's roughly 2500. so i need to be eating at least 2000? Damn so 1600 might have been way too low after all.

Okay i'll definitely consider upping my calories. I literally didn't know what TDEE was before i started this thread.

theres nothing wrong with BMR as a comparison between two people with different activity levels but if youre trying to lose weight you should go with tdee. you could cut 500 cals below your brm and actually be cutting 1k or more calories below your daily expenditure

Basal Metabolic Rate 1,885 calories per day
Sedentary 2,262 calories per day

so can someone explain this TDEE calculator? Because I always thought that BMR WAS sedentary calorie expenditure. how the fuck are people burning calories outside of bodily functions and without exercise? What is BMR missing?

TDEE shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's impossible to calculate how much kcal you burn while lifting. Take it as more of a guideline.

even sedentary people move around. BMR doesnt take this into account. sedentary tdee is usually just your brm multiplied by 1.2

okay thanks my dub-getting buddy. ima chill and trust in mah body and mah results.

burn 400 calories by walking around a little bit? wtf. calorie burning calculators for exercise dont even give you 200 calories burnt for an hour long walk.

I guess calorie burning calculators are wrong too?
Like, all the calculators ive used for exercise say that you burn fuck all from exercising so all this TDEE stuff seems crazy to me.

its an estimation like said. just cut under your tdee and increase your deficit if youre not losing weight at the desired speed.

k cool. thanks for answering my questions everybody. im much more chill now about it. learnt some stuff. Peace. OP out.