Went heaviest sets ive ever done on squats the other week and pic related is absolute pain!

Went heaviest sets ive ever done on squats the other week and pic related is absolute pain!

I injured it somehow these are not DOMS. what can I do to help recovery? I waited 3 days and thought I'd go through the pain and try squat could barely do half what I did

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inguinal_hernia
youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_U6jzleWI
youtube.com/watch?v=6mjBaLVlQWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't squat for a few weeks, build up slowly to a weight your body can actually handle. don't ego lift.

i was doing 120kg for good form tho!

5x5

finished with 140x1

You obviously didn't have good form if you injured yourself

switch to leg press

are you pushing your legs out as your going down and up? Bc I had the same problem until I started doing that. Avoid squats till the pain goes away then do what I said.

but i finished the sets, no pain or anything its only the next day i felt it. its like its due to not stretching or something but how do i stretch that inside?

my gym doesnt have that hip flexor machine where you spread your legs

I used to have the same problem and it went away completely once I started using a belt for my heaviest sets. Pretty sure it comes from a weak core so your hip flexors have to compensate.

like said, if you are experiencing "absolute pain", you did something wrong.

my advice is still the same: do not squat for a couple of workouts, decrease the weight and start squatting again.

Look into hip flexor stretches. Your form mustve been fucked.

thx ill try these!

makes sense!

>decrease weight

so hard

once the pajeets saw me master the 3 plate i became the king of the gym

I got similar pains after going past 3pl8 DL for many reps. Took some xrays and it turned out my hip bones were being grinded down hard. Not DLed for 2 months, hold me fit :(

?hip bones were being grinded down hard.

is that some medical condition? :/

no, I'm perfectly healthy otherwise, but I've always been doing sports that were heavy on the legs/hips. Skiing, ice hockey etc..

Been lifting for 2 years and these pains started at about 2,5pl8. During the didlies it felt fine, but on the last couple reps on the last sets it starting hurting alot. Hurt for about 10 seconds after the last rep, then it was fine again.

I went to my chiropractic for other reasons, and he wanted a full body xray. That's when he said the leg bones and the hip has been worn down way harder than appropriate for a 24 year old. He said no more deadlifts but I'm gonna try a brake for half a year, maybe more. Sorry for language errors, am not native english speaker

sorry to hear i hate the thought of bones griding down fuck. thats like my no.1 phobia drills into bones, bones bearing saw/grinded down fuck

all the best hope everything works well

That's where an inguinal hernia would pop out, OP. If you have a lump you can push back in, you won a surgery!

thanks friend, lifts are alright but I miss the feeling of heavy weights. I can't feel it during any other activity and I hope the bones will recover before winter bulk

I've had a similar, if not quite possible the same injury.

I used to squat parallel but after a change of heart decided to start squatting full rom, atg. I reduced the weight but unfortunately during one session I loaded still a bit too much and started leaning forwards coming out of the hole, to recover from this I had to drive my hips forward to regain my balance, hence the injury.

Before anyone gets triggered- not saying you shouldn't squat atg. I simply injured myself because I switched and started squatting more than my hip extensors could handle.

Based on the severity, it would likely take longer than 3 days to heal. Mine to months to fade away completely.

OP here funny enough this is first time I went ATG as well

Even not squatting hurts just moving around with heavy weights, lunges or even just grabbing DB's and shuffling to the bench hurts

Interesting. At least it's good to find someone with a similar injury.

Not really qualified to tell you what to do about it but I suppose you should rest your legs at least and work back up with smaller weights until it feels right again.

probs just have tight hips, stretch daily or after every session m8 and do a quick stretch before actually lifting

You strained your tendons. Apply ice if you're a pussy. If not, continue lifting. I get it occasionally if I go too ham on squats or oly lifts. It's no big deal.

Have they done an mri? The same shit happened to me except it turned out mine were dying from a bloodflow problem instead of just wear. They ended up having to replace my hips and I havent been able to do real squats for like a year now. /blog

Kind of sounds like a thing my friend had: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inguinal_hernia

Might wanna go to a doctor?

>inb4 amerifat can't afford

hip impingement

yeah something like that. Terrible to hear man, did you lose a lot financially as well?

This is absolutely not true
You can have excellent form and injure yourself
Certain injuries are OVERUSE problems

You injured your hip flexors and/or adductors due to buttwink and/or poor control of your knees.

Before any workout where you use your legs perform this warm-up, most specifically the goodmorning squat.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_U6jzleWI

Don't put weight on the bar, you're not as strong as aleksey.

After you're done in the gym stretch. Perform death stretches for the flexors and the frog/lotus stretch for your adductors.

I had the same injury years ago. Do this and it will pass, I promise.

this is the frog stretch, the other you can get on google

This stretch, but relax a bit more than the guy is saying, "tightening your buttocket" no

if youre squatting at your maximum deth the you may pinch the muscles and tendons between the femur and pelvis. Try to squat a tiny bit higher and dont go too fast down.

This, you probably overextend your back. The reason for this might be Lordosis.

> maximum depth then you may pinch
Fix`d

and by this comment it seems lke this is youre case. Dont go full ATG and leave some ROM to not pinch youre muscles. It me be just bruised or sore. Let it heal a bit and keep going.

Lordosis isnt a syndrome. Everyone has it. Unless youre deformed.

Hyperlordosis may cause problems, but not every time. OPs problem has nothing to do with hyperlordosis.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_U6jzleWI

wtf man, I don't speak spanish

Just because you had pain in the same area DOES NOT mean its the same injury, or had the same cause. You cant tell if its buttwink or knee instability wihtout actually watching him squat.

This idea is retarded. You can have 100% perfect form and still injure yourself for various reasons.

I had a pain that sounds like what you describe once; took three days off and foam rolled/lacrosse balled a bit and was right as rain. God only knows if it was the same issue though.

this is absolutly false. being in lordosis would fuck your back but put the spots he showed would be in heaven.

when your back slightly rounds, it creates space for the inner hip, thus these spots would be given a lot of breathing room.

try it op. do pic related as a stretch and put your back in full lordosis while squeezing your butt. you will find those spots will actually hurt less when you do it like that.

true, it's the most likely reason though. And doing what I recommended won't impact negatively

There are subs, and you don't have to understand what he says just what I specified

i thought you should never foam roll before a workout, only after on on restdays.

I stick with doing it after you're done, but fuck man he's a gold medalist and has 30 years of experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=6mjBaLVlQWw

this sort of stretch helped like crazy for me.

S-so just mime being a power bottom?

people who go heavy are retards. work set is always 70-75%. if you disagree, fuck off, this is a board for human beans not some retarded 1% plfiter or oly spaz, most people lift for gains not for dat dere 1000lb total.

if you look like shit, nobody cares you can move 600lbs with barely any ROM. And if you look good, nobody will care you can only bench 225 or squat 315. Because you're not in a competition, this is about your body getting better, not getting crippled.

You can foam roll whenever, it's static stretching you shouldn't do before a workout.

Here is the tried-and-true injury rehab method for muscle-belly injuries we got from Starr and that has worked for years better than any other method I've ever used. It also works well on orthopeadic injuries in general, and should be tried before anything more elaborate is used. Wait 3-4 days until the pain starts to "blur",which indicates that the immediate process of healing has stopped the bleeding and has started to repair the tissue. Then use an exercise that directly works the injury, i.e. that makes it hurt, in this case the squat. Use the empty bar and do 3 sets of 25 with perfect form, allowing yourself NO favoring the injured side. If it's ready to rehab you will know by the pain: if the pain increases during the set, it's not ready, if it stays the same or feels a little better toward the end of the set, it is ready to work.

The NEXT DAY do it again, and add a small amount of weight, like 45 x 25 x 2, 55 x 25. Next day, 45 x 25, 55 x 25, 65 x 25. Continue adding weight every day, increasing as much as you can tolerate each workout. It will hurt, and it's supposed to hurt, but you should be able to tell the difference between rehab pain and re-injury. If you can't, you will figure it out soon enough. This method works by flushing blood through the injury while forcing the tissue to reorganize in its normal pattern of contractile architecture.

After 10 days of 25s, go up in weight and down in reps to 15s, then to 10s, and finally to fives. During this time do NO OTHER HEAVY WORK, so that your resources can focus on the injury. You should be fixed in about 2 weeks, squatting more than you hurt yourself with.