...was it even worth it

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/
youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_iEnCfhQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Right one is the current one

it will be the minute you start lifting shit and eating right

Congratz you went from dyel to skelly

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

You were getting rid of your skinnyfat body so you were cutting without having any muscle. Did you expect to look shredded or what? Your progress is decent and you will be glad you cut that baby fat away before starting a bulk when you start putting on muscle. Just go into a slow lean bulk so you don't get fat again right off the bat.

nice i can take that

u do realise most of the people on CBT have been lifting for 2+ years. Be patient, don't expect to look aesthetic by just touching the weights.
You look better in the right photo obviously, but don't lose anymore fat... just eat slightly above maintenance/at maintenance.

Thank you. Sort is what I expected : thhe face gains are the main thing she I've seen.

Slow bulk: 200-300 cal surplus? I've been cutting out carbs for my cut, what's a sensible carb level?

Thanks. Every now and then I think I should have just bulked from the chubbyness, but ur advice helps

Blows my mind when new people lose weight without building muscle

Why would you set yourself behind on purpose? Literally cannot understand it other than a warped view of cutting

Why are you cutting carbs? Carbs are good.. just don't go crazy, and just go by ur best judgement-not many people count their macros.

I was eating a high protein defecit while lifting~3 times weekly. I wasn't expecting any muscle growth: should I have.?

I was doing the keto meme for weight loss. I found it helped my overall state of mind/energy too.

Is it okay to count calories weekly instead of daily?

did you forget to lift?

>while lifting~3 times weekly
No you weren't. Or you were doing babyweights

>I wasn't expecting any muscle growth: should I have.?
Why the fuck else would you lift and cut?

This is the problem with the current generation of kids, you want everything now and don't understand patience or working for something over time.

Just count daily, progess on each lift everytime your at the gym. Only hard thing about muscle gain is the waiting time.

You could, but counting them daily is far better. If you work out on a Monday and don't eat enough calories... the calories you consume the following Sunday aren't going to help rebuild you body because it's already healed with insufficient calories.

IMO you should be counting calories daily to make sure you're hitting daily calories. You could probably stretch this to counting two day's calories but I doubt it's worth it.

You have only been lifting for 4 months and you were in a deficit the whole time. Don't listen to Arnolds of Veeky Forums telling you how you should be a beast by now. The gains will come with you transition into a bulk.

Good job on your cut and good luck with your bulk.

what did you expect in 4 months? you look leaner. you tell me if it was worth it.

honestly people like you will never make it. fitness is a long journey that needs to be viewed with a min of 5 years not this few months bullshit.

all of the crazy transformations you see that are in people who did sports as a kid and had some muscles under their fat and were already stronger than average person
>fat people who lifted weights for multiple years before that had muscle under their fat
>people who are not natty

Ah that makes sense thanks

Did you guys even look at his pictures?
He hasn't gained even a kilo of muscle

Start training right, read the sticky and lift and eat properly.

Fuck this thread and the idiots telling you to keep making mistakes.

How are my 6 month gains

>tfw normies automatically assume you lift

Nothing special - even when we consider you're pulling your stomach in so hard you're creating a crease.

Thanks, I will take it forward. Getting ready to eat at surplus next week.

you can't tell shit from that picture. you can't even see his arms in the first one

>Start training right
He's a noob who's less than undertrained. As long as he gets close to or beyond muscle failure he's going to grow, if he eats, that is.

Bulk so hard nomies gon mire me.

you got rid of your puppy fat which is stage 1 and where 95% of people give up, so yes, you did good

I thought eating was a meme, but I got the best strength gains when I started counting my macros...

eat more means 500 calories above your tdee, that should be sufficient for solid strength gains, you don't need to become fat.

eating anything over TDEE will make you fat. it's just how it works. you can't only build muscle. it doesn't work that way. even if you eat 100 above TDEE some of that gain will still be fat.

Miron those shoulders a bit but it looks like you already had a pretty good jumping off point

You cut from skinny fat to thin guy, good job. Now comes the fun part: lift heavy and eat a lot ( of the right shit) to grow!

You can't build muscle on a cut fucktard

You lift during a cut to preserve muscle, how can you be this fucking retarded?

The most you're going to make is CNS gains

Whats your height/weight dude?
that was still a progress though.

You should have, cutting for dyels is stupid. You will need to bulk now to make great improvements, if you keep eating maintenance your body won't change a lot. You want to put on weight, you'll also gain fat, but that's necessary when gaining muscle.

Good foundation. Work core and lats some more, and keep cutting.

Just cutting enough to show abs and get rid of love handles will improve you so much.

I'm pretty much at where this guy is in the left picture, just a tad more body fat probably but only a little. Should I cut first like he did or bulk now?

beginners can

Cut first. It will let you know if you have the persistence to actually keep going with this. If you give up on your cut after a few days, you know you're meant to be a fatty forever.

Sorry dad

Actual advice people are giving. Kill yourselves

Ok cool. Been cutting for almost two months actually but recently have been wondering if it was the right move to start with.

This is complete nonsense. There's been a million studies showing muscle gain during a cut. One of my favorites: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/

These were 1) elite athletes, 2) STARTED at 7.6% bf, 3) were put on a fairly big deficit...and they still managed to gain muscle!

left one isn't dyel.
left one is nothing, maybe (very) skinny fat

right one is way better, skinny but you can see this is someone who's at least doing something

dude you shpuld try this new thing the fitness industry is doing

they call it "Eating and Lifting weights"

i know i know sounds fucking mental i know i know but cmon we should all try everything once fitfreind.

No problem, remember that if you're trying to gain muscle you generally need to eat in a surplus to your TDEE calories.

I know some people hate him but his most recent video is 100% truth

youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_iEnCfhQ0

the reason why people don't go to the gym is because they think everything is super complicated when in fact all you need to do is eat and lift weights. It's that simple. Listen to the video.

Lol Jason pls go

Damn this guy is really jacked.

Seriously though, good video. Shame about his mental baggage.

obvious bait OP

but still who was that tripfag who posted years progress and had gained literally zero muscle? this is probably like 4 years ago btw

IIIIINNNEEERRRR CIIITTAAAAAYYYY

>People in this thread saying you HAVE to bulk and become a fat ass to build muscle
Recomp and eating/lifting on maintanence is a thing you know. A skinnyfat person lifting for less than a year can make some muscle gains.

The real problem is you only worked out 3x a week on a meme program meant for strength rather than hypertrophy.

what's a non meme program for skinnyfats?

Yeah this. I remember my first few months at the gym I lost some weight, did random lifts not even on a program, didn't watch my diet or take protein and still put on some visible mass

Lean gains is a thing, I agree BUT

>The real problem is you only worked out 3x a week on a meme program meant for strength rather than hypertrophy.
I don't advocate SS as the ideal beginner routine but a complete novice can put on a decent amount of muscle mass on it (or any other variant) as long as they eat.