Joining the military, how do i get fit ?

So Veeky Forums ive decided that i will join the dutch armed forces as a armored infantry men

however i am by no means fit enough to actually pass the test the physical test consist of 4km run in 40 min and a 2,5km run in 12 minutes with 50 kilos of gear and after that you need to do 30 pushups and some other stuff

how do i do this Veeky Forums ? in 4 months the test will take place is it possible to get fit for the test in that amount of time ?

run for miles
walk with a backpack for miles
pull-ups until you can do 10+
push-ups until you can do 50+
sit-ups until you can do 50+

k gl have fun

also swim for miles

Run lot, push ups a lot, sit ups a lot and pull ups. Lifting honest to god isn't going to help you with military training. You just try to increase volume every day on push ups and sit ups and pull ups. Because doing push ups only help you do more and the am for the other and that's all you do in basic. Run a shit ton tho, running in the u.s military is a lot of the work in basic

How can i simulate a 50kg backpack though ?

but putting things in it until it weighs 50kg what the fug do you think

also, don't start with 50kg right of the bat or you will fuck your knees the first day

I dunno, put heavy shit from around the house in it

>50 kilos of gear
What sort of gear weighs that much? Do you have to carry 2 AT mines ontop of normal battle gear or whattheshit?

its like distributed over several things you have to carry the entire gear rifle armored plating helmet backpack and two cans of ammunition

11LMB Hier broeder.

Lichaamsgewicht oefeningen tot failure.
Lopen-hardlopen iedere ochtend.
Voor de keuring moet je alleen goed pushups en situps kunnen, makkelijk zat. In de opleiding zelf gaat er veel meer van je gevraagd worden, maar de keuring doet er nu alleen toe.

Iedereen komt door de keuring heen met een klein beetje wilskracht, gewoon doorbijten en lopen met dat kadaver.

Moet je niet rusten ? ik heb ergens gelezen dat je niet drie dagen achtermekaar kan trained ofzo

I was in the Finnish military and our marching gear was ~20kg + whatever you crammed into backpack for camps

Yeah you're not gonna carry 50 kg. For the test you'll be in "full gear" which means backpack, tactical vest, helmet and rifle. The max weight is about 40. Sometimes during group exercises some guys will be carrying a jerrycan full of water/petrol or carrying ammo crates filled with lead/metal (12,5 - 25 kg).

Zorg dat je naar je lichaam luistert maat, als jij op maandag je pushups doet en op dinsdag na 2 reps al neer valt dan kun je dat niet oefenen die dag, dat betekent dus dat je maar extra gaat hardlopen. Zijn je kuiten naar de klote dan ga je maar je buikspieren, pullups, dips of andere dingen oefenen. Doe jezelf een lol en ga naar een sportschool, kijk de video's van Nick Bare op YouTube of NavaTheBeast. De keuring halen kan iedereen, maar reken maar dat je lichaam een opdonder krijgt als er niet wat spier op je botten zit.

Thanks man ! ik ga meteen morgen naar de sportschool om een lidmaatschap aan te vragen

Depending on your current level od fitness you better start doing intervals (400, 800 etc) to work your speed and speed endurance. If you are a newb to running then you have to build an aerobic base by doing longer runs multiple times a week. After a while you can add in the speedwork.

Dont run with weights. Just start rucking and build up to a bigger weight. From my personal experience the people who were good runners and also had some muscle also did well in rucking/forced marches.

Also google Stew Smith, lots of good programs for free.

Wie weet als je in de omgeving van 030 zit komen we elkaar ooit tegen!

height weight?

you should be above 5'8 and above 150lbs, as you will lose about 15lbs during basic training.
that's like 175cm and 70kg.

This is how you build endurance

A-B-C-rest (14 days):
>Day A: walk 5km
>Day B: walk 2.5km
>Day C: walk 10km

A-B-rest-C-rest-A (14 days):
>Day A: walk-jog-run (500m-350m-150m) 5km
>Day B: walk-jog (500m-500m) 2.5km
>Day C: walk-jog-run (500m-350m-150m) 10km

(14 days):
A-rest-B-rest-C-rest-A
>Day A: hill-sprints (6x800m)
>Day B: walk+backpack (10km)
>Day C: HIIT walk-sprint-jog (250m-50m-200m) 2.5km

Should be ready in 2 months.

On your rest days just do pushups, situps and pullups. You need 45 pushups, 60 situps and 20 pullups in 60 seconds. Best way to train these is pyramid sets like this:

>1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (with 10-15 second breaks between each set)

You go until you fail, so if you stop at 7, then you climb back down to 1. Hot yoga or contrast (hot+cold+hot+cold) showers are ideal solutions to your DOMs, so either take classes or tough it out in the shower.

If you are fat or unfit then you don't have the mindset of a soldier. When i joined i didn't do anything extra because staying fit was just part of who i am. You are lazy and weak willed and will give up on the battlefield and all the other people who are relying on you so don't waste their time.

well im not exactly fat im just average

and thats the reason i want to change

4km run in 40 minutes is piss. I do 5k in 24 minutes and thats at a comfortable pace.

Do a routine of 1 5k a week, 1 1.5-2 mile run per week, and then either a session of at least 12 sprints followed by a jog OR a speed march with a weighted pack. Supplement the days in between with a calisthenics workout of pushups, pull ups, dips, sit ups and planks. As you get fitter, start running more days, until you can do a 2 mile jog every day at a decent pace.

On weighted marches, aim for at least 4 miles an hour, preferably 5. Do NOT run with the pack, especially in boots on tarmac, you will fuck your knees up. Instead pick a cross country route including hills. Dont use weight plates because they sit low in the pack, scratch your back up and dont distribute the weight well. Instead, use cans of dog food, cartons of water, or books. Start low and build your way up.

>2.5 km run in 12 minutes with 50kg of gear

No