Anyone else notice grills doing this exercise at the gym? seems to have only started this year

anyone else notice grills doing this exercise at the gym? seems to have only started this year

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZRNeo3SieU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they've been doing it since forever

it's a good exercise and i'd do it too if i wasn't so self conscious about looking like a faggot

So you've been going to the gym for a year I see.

>how to spot a NYR fag: the post

I do them, because I go to the gym to become stronger. Anyone with time to judge, isn't working out hard enough.

It's a fairly common exercise and a good one. You should try it yourself. Maybe you'll finally hit that 2pl8 squat

They want dat booty and it's one of the best exercises for it.

It's something you should be doing too.

hot girls r so great

hip thrusts are the best glute exercise

>not knowing the one legged hip thrust

Shiggity mcdiggity

it's a great exercise if you ever plan to squat or dead lift heavy, i do it on my cardio days.

its the same exercise but with one leg up you retard

Should you be keeping your feet flat for this?

>know that hip thrusts build glutes like no other
>don't want to that guy who dry humps the bar in the middle of the gym

it puts a lot of shear of your back but it is objectively the best butt exercise

>not thrusting your hips while making eye contact with anyone who looks at you weird

>tfw only see twinks doing this exercise at my gym

I am more amused of the shoes she is wearing

yes. should be pushing through heels for glute bridge and hip thrust

loser

Fun fact, you can lift more with a bbht than you can with a diddly

How long do I have to do these before I get a good ass

It's been about 3-4 weeks and I'm not seeing a big shift? I started because I saw that "booty workout for LONDON-ers" copypasta workout that people post sometimes.

No way!!! tell us more!!!!! :O

hehe xd

Are hip thrusts better than bridges? Hurt my back a little bit doing some so I switched to bridges

I think so? Bridges are an alright substitute if you need to take a break for a while and recover.

It's the same muscle group, but it's my understanding that hip thrusts tax those muscles more.

post your ass and lettuce jhudge

Oh boy. Some of y'all need to work out your brains a little more.

I just do them in the Smith machine. Less ackward than pulling out a barbell and taking up 8 feet of space plus a bench

See

Yes, I notice them doing that exercise because it's a great exercise. In fact I do it myself sometimes (usually when the gym is empty lol)

>dry humps
If the bar is still dry, you weren't thrusting hard enough. Think about it, the only way you could get any closer to literally fucking your lifts is if you start raw dogging a stack of bumper plates. If that doesn't turn you on then I don't know what will.

>taking up a bench for this
why

how else are you supposed to them retard

I fucking love glute bridges. I could not break parallel at all on my squats and felt badass doing 300lb quarter squats. I did glute bridges twice. Fucking twice. Next time I warmed up on my squat, suddenly I could ass to grass. I've reset my weight all the way down to 150lbs, but now I'm actually doing them.

anyone do these without a mat? i have to use a mat or my pelvis hurts

>I couldn't go ATG
>I halved the weight and suddenly I could do them
>it was the glute bridges tho

Plyo box

I'm pretty sure I can glute bridge more with 355 x 10 than I can deadlift. Can't imagine how much higher my hip thrusts are.

But I don't deadlift so fuck.

Does this also help you fuck better?
High weight low reps or high reps low weight for better sexy times with lady?

Except it was
> Never once able to break parallel, even when I was doing 65lbs, figure it's just long femurs since I'm 6"3 and go on doing quarter squats
> Do glute bridges twice, feel lower back and glutes like I never have
> Do my usual warm up weight for squats
> Get to point I usually get stuck at
> Not stuck, suddenly I can go all the way
You're right, they probably didn't do anything.

Probably has more to do with the fact you're using a weight you can actually squat. Also there's a big in between from quarter squats to ATG, did you at least go to parallel?

Activates glutes directly and more so than any other exercise, including squats and deads (which hit glutes as a secondary or tertiary muscle at best).

To properly grow the ass you've got to do body weight or low weight stuff like this for the most part and really contract the ass. Squeeze it like you wanna break a dick off in it.

How does this activate the glute any more than the lockout portion of a deadlift? I'm not saying it doesn't have its merit as an assistance exercise since you can't be deadlifting that frequently, but from a purely mechanical standpoint I don't see any additional contraction that's not present in a fully performed deadlift.

Nope, I tried everything too. It was a night and day difference immediately after doing glute bridges twice. I'd normally do a warm up set of 95lbs, and suddenly I could go all the way down, and it was immensely more difficult to go back up then my normal 300lb quarter squat, which is why I reset there.

>t.guy who just hit 2pl8 squat

Did it today off the ground without the bench; managed a 6 pl8 1RM and glutes actually felt sore. It might help with deadlift lockout or squatting (560lbs / 480lbs atm).

Although, I will most likely use it for hypertrophy and ability the ability to slam.

Because it's full ass. Try a glute bridge from wherever you are now and see how much you can feel it in your ass.

Well, not being able to squat ATG usually has to do with either ankle or hip flexibility as far as I'm aware. Obviously the hip thrusts do nothing for your ankles and I don't really see such a limited hip flexion would carry over to your squats if that were the problem, but what's important is that you're doing ATG now. Don't worry about dropping the weight, you can progress really quickly on the back squat and like you said, doing a full range of motion feels so much more athletic and enjoyable.

This is anecdotal but in a hip thrust your glutes are under the barbell, and the weight goes straight down into them. In a deadlift your glutes are behind the bar, and the weight is held by your traps and entire body. Also in a deadlift more muscle helps out in moving the weight towards lockout. Your hams and back are gonna try and help out no matter how much you want only the glutes to do the job.

You realize a 585 glute bridge is fucking huge don't you? Hell "The ass guy" Brett Cornelius or whatever the fuck his name is only hip thrusts for 500 and you can hip thrust more than you can glute bridge.

>born too late to explore the planet
>born too early to explore the stars
>born just in time to see girls start believing in the aesthetics of a muscular booty
I'm ok with this.

is it better to do it on a bench or on the ground? what's the difference? where exactly should the bar stand?

last time i tried the bar hurts my skin and bone even through undies and pants.

youtube.com/watch?v=lZRNeo3SieU

I do this exercise in the hamstring curl machine and it works great.

On the ground is a glute bridge. You get less activation out of the arse and you lift less weight.

On a bench or anywhere where your upper body is elevated is a hip thrust. It is a lot harder to set up though.

The hip thrust is the best for building a big strong arse. The glute bridge is number 2. They are both way better than deadlifts or squats though.

You can't go wrong with either.

Most retarded exercise ever, i dont even know what they are trying to do with that.

If anything, these kind of movements will only fuck up your waist as they strengthen obliques like squats.

>"look at this faggot"
>"wait, what? he's hoarding all of the plates from the entire gym"
>"why is he doing it?"
>"dunno man. Look, what is he doing now?"
>"Is he laying down on the ground"
>"OH SHIT, he's putting a plate on his dick"
>"what the fuck?"
>"he grabs another one"
>"shit, and another"
>"what the fuck is going on"
>"I don't know, bro, this is some next level autism. All I know is that some manlet has six plates on his dick"
>"fucking madman"
>"let's see what he's gon... OH SHIT! he starts humping them"
>"WHAT THE FUCK? HAHAHA you heard that?"
>"HAHAHA he wheezes as if he's fucking some 600lbs hambeast"
>"HAHAHAHA LOOK AT HIS FACE! LOOK AT HIS FACE"
>"HAHAHAHA HE'S ALMOST CRYING DUDE"
>"HAH-oh, finally, he stopped. Look, he's putting the plates away"
>"dude, that was funny as fuck"
>"but wait, look, he's coming here"
>"oh shit"

op comes, turns around, bends over

>"u mirin?"

Good comeback

i also do single leg glute bridge, is that good? can you do single leg hip thrust.

Yeah. Though the one legged seems kind of pointless to me unless you don't have weights but that's just me.

As long as you're letting your ass do the work in those single legged, it's going to still hit your ass hard, or harder.

try it bro i dit it today with only 10kg dumbells and it hits my ass directly. i recomment you do this at home if you dont like looking like and idiot in the gym. but just do it in the gym if you can tho

i use an empty bar and i feel the work quite hard on the ass.

How do you do it with dumbbells so it's not tearing apart your waist?

I do 355 glute bridges at home for 10 reps. Even bodyweight though I can feel in my ass.

I like them because I have my power rack set in a way so it holds the weight until I use them. Not sure if I could do one legged as comfortable.

I'll try them at bodyweight though when I go to work. I won't have weights for like a week so that seems like a good thing to try out.

Someone post the plates that make a woman with a fleshlight in the middle. THAT is the closest you get to literally fucking your lifts.

Low weight high rep for muh endurance

look at youtube videos the show you how to do it. if your hips still hurts it means your hips are weak and glute bridges supposed to fix that to just takes time

kek
>not training to not get crushed by bbw riding cowgirl