ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2662372/
youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0
youtube.com/watch?v=ltF-6ldrqJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>drink water
ironic

>This is a 10/10 in Australia
Hahahahahahahaha

I'm going to bulk to 300kg to get those calves.

>comments are disabled

>drinkwater
>implying

>obese for 5 years
>kept the calves after losing the weight
it's a genuine strategy

youtu.be/a0F9bOgt-es

HEAVY BREATHING BEFORE EVERY SENTENCE JESUS

I don't think there is much wrong with this.

She is basically saying that people shouldn't be shamed for being fat and should have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. I agree.

Besides the name there is not much delusion here.

I lasted 2 minutes

>fatphobia

>There's no necessary connection between fat and health

She's sweating buckets and gasping for air throughout. What a joke.

the problem with fat people like her is they don't want to 'fit in' and be 'accepted', they want fucking attention.

and can you imagine the stank under that dress holy shit.

>blatantly dissociating the drastically increased health risks with being a gluttonous pile of lard
>not much delusion here

>Besides the name there is not much delusion here.

You didn't watch the video. That or you're just trolling.

>fatphobia is a product of capitalism, racism and homophobia

wat

>drinkwater

MORE LIKE DRINKBUTTER RIGHT GUYS??

The only TED talk worth watching
youtu.be/-yFhR1fKWG0

I didn't hear she saying that "you can be healthy at every size", in that video.

>fatphobia is a product of capitalism
We live in a capitalistic society, everything is more or less a product and factor of society. "fatphobia" is a product of capitalism probably as much as fat acceptance.

second part was meant for (You)

>6:18
>"people who value health as something much more holistic than a number on an outdated bmi chart"
You want me to post the wealth of studies that connect an obese BMI classification with a number of health risks?

Think before you post more retarded shit

is this some god tier /pol/ trolling in real life?

>Besides the name there is not much delusion here.
One sentence in 12 minutes of a talk aimed to stupid people is not much by any standard. Even more if you consider that she has talks dedicated to it. Learn to read poop-head.

>much more holistic than a number on an outdated bmi chart

No doctor would ever use BMI as concrete evidence for anything, it's nothing more than a brief overview but these people think that BMI is the only thing doctors use to determine someone's health

Nice strawman btw. I never implied you can be health on very size, on the contrary, actually.

post studies that support your claims

We seem to have another strawman here.
No one is saying you can be health at every size.
Learn to read dumb faggot.

>still no studies
stop posting brainlet

>named drink water
>orders diet coke

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2662372/

>900,000 participants
>BMI is in itself a strong predictor of overall mortality both above and below the apparent optimum of about 22·5–25 kg/m2
>At 30–35 kg/m2, median survival is reduced by 2–4 years
>at 40–45 kg/m2, it is reduced by 8–10 years

What claim did I make that needs a study to support? If you are so smart you can certainly quote one, right?

She never implied she drinks only water. Neither that she does it frequently. Only that she drinks water.

You're right. In an entire 12 minute video, it's impossible to make more than one outright delusional statement. Let's just ignore the empirically false assumption she's making.

>No doctor would ever use BMI as concrete evidence for anything
Concrete evidence, no, but it is a metric that is rather consistent in the assessment of health risk factors to the point where it shouldn't be blindly ignored because someone "feels right in their fat body"

No, but you (if you are the user I was responding to) implied she didn't talk about physical health in the presentation, which she did

thxs

>DRINKBUTTER
>not dropping chugsgravy

welcome to Veeky Forums, newfriend

>No, but you (if you are the user I was responding to) implied she didn't talk about physical health in the presentation, which she did
I didn't imply that. I said that there is not much delusion in the video. Which is true if you compare it with her other videos.
Also, she is not basing her argumentation on the false assumption.

>TED
youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0

She's fucking out of breath after one sentence.
How does that not worry her?

more like TedXXXL

I guess it depends on how you measure delusion. I think the straight up false judgment of the use of BMI is a large delusion in and of itself, but her arguments are rather predicated on many falsehoods about the mental states of fat people. Otherwise why would fat people report much greater measurements of mental health after losing weight than before if they were in fact "happy with their size"?

What did he mean by this?

>this is skinny in America

>this video

everytime. kek.

This was right before he slaughtered the whole audience I think

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>Everybody close your eyes
>He pulls out a fucking GUN
HOW CAN HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

She's literally struggling to breath

>I think the straight up false judgment of the use of BMI is a large delusion in and of itself
It is, but it's not the point of the video. She just threw it in the middle of the other bs.

>"happy with their size"?
That's a more complicated question. They could be happier because they were more well accepted, not some inherent characteristic of fatness.

If an average person was removed from today's society and put in one that is more or less the same but in which "fat" is considered beautiful, there would be big chances they would also be "happier" after gaining weight.

What she is trying is to change society so you partially remove the environment variable from people's happiness equation. Of course there would still be the inherent problems of been obese but each person would be more "free" to choose. As they nowadays are more o less "free" to choose whether to some or not.

>As they nowadays are more o less "free" to choose whether to some or not.
*smoke

>They could be happier because they were more well accepted, not some inherent characteristic of fatness.
Which is one way to look at it, but it's not as cut and dry as that. There are huge psychobiological factors to consider as well as other social concepts outside of beauty.

When you consistently eat like shit, enough to become obese, it impacts your hormones, your brain chemistry, energy, and pretty much all systems that contribute to emotional states. This is further compounded by the lifestyle limitations created due to common physical conditions of the obese (mobility and joint issues, poor cardiovascular and respiratory health, immune deficiencies).

Mental health isn't solely predicated on if you're considered beautiful or not because humans are capable of emotions beyond vanity. The ambulocetus on the stage are arguing for the mental health of people based on social outlook, when it's far more complex than that. For example, the obese person who dreams of skydiving but can't because of vascular issues is going to suffer from a lack of fulfillment. The overweight parent confined to a mobility scooter will feel inadequate when they are unable to play outside with their child.

>Which is one way to look at it, but it's not as cut and dry as that. There are huge psychobiological factors to consider as well as other social concepts outside of beauty.

When you consistently eat like shit, enough to become obese, it impacts your hormones, your brain chemistry, energy, and pretty much all systems that contribute to emotional states. This is further compounded by the lifestyle limitations created due to common physical conditions of the obese (mobility and joint issues, poor cardiovascular and respiratory health, immune deficiencies).

Addressed that in my comment.
>Of course there would still be the inherent problems of been obese

those fucking CALVES fucking JELLY

But that's the thing. She's underplaying the inherent problems of obesity in the talk by simplifying them to a singular, magnified social issue. How free is the choice if you're sold bullshit?

She is not. She is simply not talking about it.

The goal of the talk was not to inform people of all aspects of fatness and it was not advertised. It was just to tell people that some part of the happiness of being not-morbidly-obese is not inherent to being fat.

>skinny is obese to australians
>austalians find skinny broads attractive

Every time she talked about oppression I was desperately hoping for a picture of Julian's face to pop up.

Hearing her take in massive breaths between every sentence makes me feel very uncomfortable, is it that hard for her to stand and talk for 10 minutes. She's fucking struggling to talk for fuck sake

This isn't triggering at all mane, I'm just looking fourward to the day that her 'good health' is going to take its toll.

youtube.com/watch?v=ltF-6ldrqJs
holy shit this guy is gold

>sweating and huffing after less than 10 minutes of speaking
>HEALTH AT EVERY SIZE!

cantfitintojeans doesntdrinkwater

relevant pic

>Julian

>CAUSE WE'RE JUST GONNA KILL EM
*stunned silence*
>WE'RE JUST GONNA KILL EM

>it's another "jelli bean drinkpepsi" episode
why do they keep making these

who /lifelong/ here?

this fucking exchange

The way she breaths, I feel like she is about to pass out on stage.

nope, fat people must be shamed, it's really for their own good, unless they are suicidal

can we get an update on kelli jean eatsburgers

is it still alive?

>the isis of the obesity epidemic