Squat form thread

how did you guys perfect your squat form? like did you suck at first but just kept doing it anyway until you were good? because i still feel very unsure of myself when squatting.

not sure if my feet are too close together or too far. not sure if my weight is distributed where i want it. not sure if i'm going down far enough. not sure if i'm sticking my butt out like i'm supposed to. not sure if my back is straight enough (especially with that heavy bar ontop of me :/). not sure if i'm doing the right things with my muscles or w/e

it's a lot to try to keep track of in your mind, and each squat i'm just completely unsure. sometimes it's like "why did that squat feel so much different from the other ones? was that closer to being right, or were the others ones??"

anyway this is a squat form thread for everyone :)

Can I stick it inside your boipucci (no homo)

if you can help me achieve consistently perfect squat form i'd be okay with this probably. unless you're gross, in which case no.

Ok so you need to have your feet pointed outwards, and make sure your back is straight at all times. Start with the bar first to practice form and to get a reference stronglifts.com has videos on a lot of basic compound movements. So when do I get my boipucci?

Where do you live i wanna suck cock

Add me on Skype bigbantheory

Cucked by a trap lul

okay thanks :)

i'll look into those videos. do you think it could be helpful to get like a broom and practice squat form with 0 weight? like using it as i would a bar

no...

why? do you want to help with squats or are you being a creeper

you're all gay

Yea I can help you more with your squats and other exercises more ,then here desu.

Not thinking all of fit is gay

So you wanna learn more or what?

How I perfected my form is by stretching my ankle and Achilles tendon by putting weight on my upper knee and stay in a squat position for a minute. did this for 3 sets. It allows you to not make your heel come up and you will be able to squat without bad posture. After doing this many times, you'll be able to squat and sit on the ground without any support because of your ankle flexibility.

i do yes

oh very cool! does it have to be a lot of weight? guess i can try it with my 2x 20lbs dumbbells just to try it tonight.

thanks cheekie you're cool in my book :)

kill yourself weeb

So then add me Skype, I think I can help you with a lot of your lifting questions because I see your threads almost everyday and you post the most basic stuff ever.

feel like you just want me to undress on cam for you though. why can't you help in the threads?

Not that user, but who wouldn't want that? I mean just cause a guy would be happy to see your naked ass doesn't mean he expects or requires it - he said he wants to help you squat and if you don't trust him on that why would you trust his advice?

We use lewd bantz on this board sometimes, but there's no better place for actual, no-bullshit advice.

No I don't , I have been helping you this whole thread. If you want to undress that's your call but if you want real lifting advice and non meme shit you can add me and I'll help.

ITT: thirsty beta faggots

ITT : helping = beta

>trappy was popular so now every dyel faggot who wants Veeky Forums's attention pretends to be an anime girl

I hope every tripfagging tranny and every beta who tolerates their behaviour loses all their gains to AIDs

Oh user.... where do you think you are?

okay i think i added you? is your pic thing a thumbs up smiley. i'm not used to skype

No it's a picture of a dog, bigbantheory is how you spell it

A place to get swole you faggot

Yea filip is my name ,not sure why my profile pic doesn't show

tried this with my 20lbs dumbells and the before and after with even bodyweight squats was dramatic. thank you so much! feel like this will help me out a ton in the future :)

Make sure you pull your shoulders blades back when you go down, feet slightly outside shoulder width and pointed outward, and don't forget about mah hip drive. Make sure the bar travels down in a straight path that cuts right through your foot. I usually do a couple of warm up sets before I squat with just the bar and watch myself in the mirror to make sure I hit proper depth with good form. Good luck

Also if you're doing based /highbar/ it's okay if your knees go forward, don't fall for the meme of your knees being perpendicular to the ground

By doing all the reps.

Not in a single set obviously.

By doing heavy doubles. By doing lightish quints.

Pausing at various points through the range of motion.
Do low bar. Do high bar. Do front. Do overhead.

Just squat. Then squat some more.

Practice makes perfect.

Ask people who you have seen squatting with good form to check your form, ask for pointers.

Film your squat. Watch videos of people who squat real good. ie Olympic weightlifters. Or even trailer park powerlifters. Compare your form to theirs.

Do more squats. Heavy light without the bar in your sleep. All the squats.