Anyone have experience with Soylent? I'm considering trying it for breakfast as I often skip it

Anyone have experience with Soylent? I'm considering trying it for breakfast as I often skip it.

Debating whether I'd prefer the Cacao or the Coffiest flavor. Also heard something about referral codes for half off, I'm thinking about getting 36 bottles. I thought the price is a little steeper than expected, but considering this is meant to act as a meal replacement & I only intend to try it for breakfast, it's not bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

superbodyfuel.com/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7275462
files.soylent.com/pdf/soylent-nutrition-facts-2-0-en.pdf
robrhinehart.com/?p=1331
robrhinehart.com/?p=1152
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enjoy your cancer

Turns you into a girl.
And liquid as a breakfast replacement sucks because it doesn't leave you full at all. Your stomach wants to digest solid food.

Soylent sounds like something I'd buy with a buddy just because I like to have fun foods every once in a while. Like a protein shake or shit.

t. Soylent worker

I've lived on the powdered Soylent almost exclusively for the past two years. I travel a ton for work, work long hours, don't enjoy cooking, never really enjoyed eating in the first place.
1 bag of powder, half a gallon of milk, and 4 scoops on ON whey protein per day, mixed together in a gallon container.

Costs me about $12 per day for 3500 well balanced calories, 240g of protein, etc.

Since none of this matters without a pic proving I'm not dyel, 6'2, 230 lbs.

If you believe any of the memes about soy, this may be a better choice:

superbodyfuel.com/

Never tried it, but thought about it

I'm Disagree about being hungry, etc. I drink it 5-6 times per day, interspersed. Never get hungry.
Only downside is it really does take adjusting to in the beginning, shits can be watery for about a week when you're first starting out. Just have to power through it.

>im not DYEL

Yeah you're right. You're just a fat cunt.

2/3/4/5 at about 17% bf. Used to be leaner, but ya know, being an adult, in the real world, and not have the time of a basement dwelling autist to commit 2 hours per day to working out does hamper the aesthetics a bit.

>dedicating more than 45 minutes to a workout a day

Stay fat

>never really enjoyed eating in the first place.
Has never tapped into the body's carnal lust for nourishment. Do you not enjoy sex either, cucky?

>trying this hard to troll

Enjoy the (You)

No one has ever been able to live off of a liquid diet long term, there is no reason to have a liquid diet, it could kill you or leave you with serious problems. Stop being a faggot.

i had a thread last night 120 bottles for $90 dollars on ebay
nectar is GOAT

When you say "plates" you mean 25 lbs, right ?

What do you consider long term?
Like I said above, been on it two years, get regular blood tests/ bio metric screenings for health insurance at work, every test comes back ideal.
Plus, add in a scoop of benefiber, and I probably consume closer to the recommended daily "fiber" intake than the average Amerifat.

Have you ever been to a gym where actual athletes lift? Or just seen curlbros?

Stop posting this shit. It's a waste of money.

I thought Soylent got shut down after that time all their customers got horrible food poisoning.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7275462

Tests won't tell you everything, and you are certainly long term. You are very likely to just die suddenly because one thing or another was overlooked.

I'm feeling like a Stan here, but no one got food poisoning. They used algal flour, which a very, very small portion of the population is allergic to. They removed it from the newest formulas.

>Not even reading the abstract
"No properly managed patient died as a direct result of the LPD and the cardiac deaths could not be ascribed to the LPD. Since the LPD, when properly supervised, has demonstrated great promise in the management of obesity, it is suggested that caution be exercised in dismissing the LPD because of adverse publicity."
I seriously can not believe you're dumb enough to post evidence in MY favor and pretend like it was in yours.

I literally do not believe you at all to be quite fucking honest

I am literally having my post workout dinner right now to be quite fucking honest

Shit lighting and doesn't look appealing, I know. But like I said, it's not about the act of eating. I go out to eat with friends or my gf maybe twice per week to indulge. This is just about the minimum effort required for sustenance.

How solid are your shits

Completely. Like I said above, I add in a scoop of benefiber to my concoction (forgot to include that in the original post), and probably end up consuming closer to the ideal amount of fiber than 99% of Americans.
There is a real learning curve for your gut at first, and things can be dicey, I won't deny that. But after about a week, everything adjusted for me.
I've had friends who've tried it and things never solidified for them, and friends who've tried it and had it work out perfectly.

Frankly I'm quite surprised at your relative lack of phytoestrogen-induced mantits.

are there actual health drawbacks to soylent or is it just dystopian memeing?

would it really be that bad to use it as a base and eat shit on top of it?

You're wilfully misreading the abstract, but I don't blame you, the damage is likely already done. It's just a shame we cannot hear about your death when it finally happens.

You have to eat solid food. There is no real reason to eat soylent either though. Think long and hard about why you want to drink that shit and see if you can think of a good reason.

44 already sick people died, reportedly on LPD
8 weren't actually on LPD, or insufficient data, whoops!
4 had pre-existing heart conditions, whoops!
32 remaining were improperly administered the diet by CONSERVATIVE standards, likely meaning gross negligence.

All of the deaths were attributed to misuse of the LPD, not the LPD itself.

So the possible downfalls of the LPD listed in the abstract are potassium and/or electrolyte deficiencies (good thing I get my blood tested and come back normal!), inadequate or poor quality protein (like I said, nearly 240g of protein daily, and I lift 2/3/4/5, so I sincerely doubt that one), pre-existing conditions or diseases (so, uh, not the LPD itself).

Yes, tell me more about my selective reading skills.

I've been using soylent on and off, now im going hard soylent for a cut at around 1200/c a day and every time i bring it up on here its a bunch of opinions with no facts even though most haven't tried it.

Point being your wasting your time arguing with these people, don't worry b/ro i understand you.

>Think long and hard about why you want to drink that shit and see if you can think of a good reason.

I'm too lazy to learn how to cook/don't even know where to start

Good man.

It's hard to not get defensive, but you're right. Can't argue with the opinion of someone who hasn't tried it, and can't argue with facts if they aren't presented.

>likely meaning gross negligence
These are all people who, like you, just hopped on some dumbass liquid diet. Except for like a month in most of these cases, not 2 years. Who is performing in a grossly negligent manner there?

Do what you want, but it's retarded, it'll probably kill you, and there's no reason for it. At all.

Not him but
>dumbass liquid diet

It's meant to be a meal replacement, its like your not even trying anymore.

here's the nutrition faxx

files.soylent.com/pdf/soylent-nutrition-facts-2-0-en.pdf

What educated professional could tell me more about what it's lacking and shit?

I want to go full-time but I have my doubts

>44 deaths
>None can be attributed to a well reasoned and followed diet
>No mention of the number of people on an LPD who do not die or experience adverse side effects

What's the difference between eating a turkey dinner, and putting the turkey dinner in a blender first, then drinking it? As far as your body is concerned, nothing, aside from the act of mastication.

My reasons are "easier," "quicker," "cheaper," and "can count my calories with almost 100% precision."

"It's retarded" and "it'll probably kill you" are well reasoned arguments though, thank you. I'll consider your opinion with the appropriate weight.

Meal replacement is safe, but you should not be on a liquid only diet ever. As always and ever that's my point. It's still a waste of money imo, but I don't care that much beyond people not killing themselves.

No one can inform you of everything because even now not everyone knows all the answers. Trying to recreate a balanced won't kill you diet from powders is not possible and somewhat pointless.

I really hope you realize that soylent is not a liquidised turkey dinner.

>but I don't care that much beyond people not killing themselves.
Let me correct that, I'm not that bothered so long as people intent on killing themselves do not encourage others to do likewise.

>Trying to recreate a balanced won't kill you diet from powders is not possible and somewhat pointless.

what did you mean by this?

>I really hope you realize that soylent is not a liquidised turkey dinner.

So what's your argument then? That Soylent is nutritionally bad for you, or that liquid diets are bad for you?

Soylent isn't "created from powders." It's REAL FOOD that is put into powder form. It's not some science experiment where they're trying to create food in a lab from chemicals.

I just want to know why you think is bad because I don't want to kill myself but I am genuinely interested in it

We have a good idea of the different vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, macros etc etc we roughly need to continue living. However, trying to make a just add water shake that you could drink and survive on forever is not only complicated, no one has ever succeeded. All liquid only diets result in these kinds of sudden death. There are all sorts of possible reasons for this. Our requirements are not always the same maybe because of stress or illness, and our body compensates through eating different foods (cravings). Some things are best absorbed through a broad spectrum of complexes, we can absorb iron from spinach really well for example probably because the iron is bound in slightly different ways and this allows a few different routes and timings for absorbtion. We are also all different and can have pretty different requirements from one another. And it is not clear we know absolutely everything that the body needs to continue working.

It's pointless because eating like a normal human is known to work well and is sometimes even enjoyable.

He thinks that """real food""" contains secret nutrients that are unknown to science and therefore non-replicable in a nutritionally-complete-per-FDA-guidelines meal replacement.

What's your opinion on eating this as a base to meet calories and then having solid snacks or (if you feel like it) meals along with it?

>eating like a normal human is known to work well
[citation needed]

someone post that speedrunner who became a tranny after a soylent-only diet

I think you're pushing it. Ideally you would homemake all your meals and they'd all be varied and balanced and you wouldn't overeat. If you have to replace a meal with soylent and you feel that helps somehow, it's not ideal but it probably won't kill you. Eating soylent and snacks is not a good way to go - certainly a sizeable number of people who have died on liquid only diets did something like this. On a similar note you should know that eating pretty much the exact same thing every day is not good for you physically or psychologically, you do need variation in your diet.

If you want a number to not go past, I guess half of your intake can be soylent. There is no hard and fast numbers for this shit really though, but I would hope that having two meals a day with one as soylent is probably okay if not ideal.

As the Soylent stan in this thread, I have no issue with admitting that we don't know what exactly makes the human body work, or exactly what foods are needed for the "perfect diet."

Every week there's a new study saying X food that was a "superfood" last week now causes cancer, and Y food that was bad for you last week now cures AIDS.

My problem is with your inability to admit that Soylent, nutritionally, appears to check all the boxes, and is a reasonable baseline level of nutrition, and with your fallacious insistence that "all liquid diets result in sudden death" based on three unsubstantiated studies you found on pubmed about fatties trying to lose weight, while completely ignoring the fact that all liquid diets have been a staple of ICUs for decades.

>but I would hope that having two meals a day with one as soylent is probably okay if not ideal.
A little bit of googling is telling me that soylent themselves are far more conservative than this, pretty much saying you should use it like a protein bar. I guess then they say eat proper meals with a soylent snack.

>about fatties trying to lose weight
Actually I think the one I pulled up was one (of several) that looked at healthy young people dying, it just argues that they can be useful for some obese shit (some surgeries like gastric bands are easier if no solids have passed in a few days). There are different diets and age groups that have all resulted in similar shit happening though, historically liquid only diets are just bad for you in the worst way.

Anyway, RIP in peace soylent man.

i thought about going to liquid food, but then i remembered im a man and should learn how to cook my meals and have some value

Soylent corporate might be, but Rhinehart himself is very proselytic about how he gets 99.6% of his calories from soylent.
Then again, he is a bit of a weirdo.
robrhinehart.com/?p=1331
robrhinehart.com/?p=1152

>It's still a waste of money imo
dude i said it before and i'll say it again soylent 2.0 the most expensive and newest one is

$90 ON EBAY PER 120 BOTTLES

1200 calorie diet 3 bottles a day which are 400 calories each= 30 days of food + 30 extra bottles the average person spends $300+ on groceries a month.

Also this
My reasons are "easier," "quicker," "cheaper," and "can count my calories with almost 100% precision."

I can cook, but if left alone i eat fast food garbage shit in EXCESS AMOUNTS im talking 6 mcdonalds mcchickens for dinner (somehow im not fat (thank you jesus)), but soylent is in my opinion a much better choice.

>Rhinehart himself is very proselytic about how he gets 99.6% of his calories from soylent.
If he's still saying that he's a fucking liar. He did that for a couple of months (allegedly) and mostly eats at least two square meals a day.

The guys a bullshit artist like many silicon valley big brains unfortunately.

Actually, it doesn't say that anywhere in the abstract, only references fatties, so you're pulling that out of your ass.

Only studies I see are from the '70s or earlier, and I sincerely doubt what they were consuming was anywhere near as nutritionally complete as the current iteration of Soylent (science has advanced just a bit since then).

All your claims, and not a single link to back them up.

You'd think, considering that Soylent went live about 3 years ago, and the enormous community of DIYers, and the large percentage of people who, like me, consume the overwhelming majority of their calories from liquid, you'd have a plethora of articles to link to citing your "instant death after a month" bs.

That's about 90% cheaper than what I spend on myself for food normally, and I splash out every so often. Maintenance for me is like 2500 kcal, so if we pretend that's 6 bottles a day giving $90 for 20 days, I spend about $90 on food over 2 weeks. That's not great.

What I think you've done is fallen for the classic diet food model of smaller portions at a premium price.

The bottles are sold at a premium. The powder is where the value is at. Just have to figure out how to make it palatable to you.

This
I've tried the powder at least 3 iterations of it + blending with shit like bananas + protons, and it is cheaper, but to me the taste just makes me sad. 2.0 (the bottled one) actually tastes really fucking good and to me it's worth the extra money.

Without 2.0 i don't honestly know if I could do it.

Have a box of what i think is 1.8 sitting in a corner that I've had for months, but refuse to drink.

Powder + Milk + ON Whey Double Rich Chocolate is pretty damn good, tastes like a malted milkshake.

Yea i used to bananas + ON Rocky Rhode and it wasn't intolerable, but if you haven't tried the bottled at least once i would strongly suggest it seeing as how its so cheap due to credit card theft or some shit.
Nectar is my favorite took a few days to get used to it but its comparable to cereal milk with a dash of lemon.

Also nothing to clean or mix just chuck the bottles which is also a plus.

Yeah it's great, if I wasn't in Canada and broke af I would go 100%

just keep in mind that its not for weight loss, so its kind of fucked to have it around. I gained like 5lbs by drinking it casually because you forget it's 400kcal a bottle

soylent is solid enough, you still have solid shits when you go 100% on it, the only concern / consideration is your jaw since it doesn't get any use.

I still have 3 cases worth that they accidentally sent me lying around, but I know that if I start to drink them again I'll gain a shit tonne of weight.

I have the bottles, I mix them in too, take them with me when I'm going to be out all day or camping/ fishing, but the main reason I prefer the powder is because of the flexibility. Like I said, I mix in half a gallon of milk and 4 scoops of protein per day, otherwise I'd need like 1.5 bags to meet my daily caloric needs.

>gain weight
how?? its so easy to keep track 400 calories per bottle. If you want 1600 calories a day then just drink 4 throughout the day and stop when you hit 4 i cant think of any easier way to keep track.

First week in I've lost 3 lbs of fat.

I ended up drinking 2 bottles, getting hungry and eating normally which just meant I was eating my normal intake plus whatever I drank that morning.

it's fine to eat food with solyent i sometimes can of tuna+hard boiled egg 200 calories then drink 2 bottles + a protein shake (200 calories) and still lose weight because its still 1200 calories.

Drink slower and if you do eat keep track of the calories. You're gonna be hungry on any diet soylent or not basically.

I also do a lot of body weighted exercises and i can drink this shit while exercising without the full food feel and waiting 3 hours for it to go away which is fuckin awesome.

Please explain to me how all of my patients on blenderized (liquid) diets and my patients with gastrointestinal tubes (liquid nutrient formula) survive then

Do they do this forever?

this is stupid shut up

I never tried soylet but I made a really ghetto version of it. Protein Power + finely ground oats + greek yogurt + milk + crushed up multivitamin

was about 500 calories, 50g protein and left me feeling full for at least 3 hours

>carbohydrates 33%
>'lipids' 47%
>protein 20%
>terrible macro split
>tries to hide the fact its mostly fat by calling it lipids to confuse normies
>is literally just soy flour, oil, and sugar from sugarbeet, with vitamins in it.
>paying that price for what is essentially liquidised cattle feed