So I just saw Logan. Great movie...

So I just saw Logan. Great movie. But it got me thinking a bit about age and how to maintain strength and muscle as we get older. I'm 24 now but how will my body be when I'm 54? Will I still be strong, will I look good if I keep lifting my entire life? Will my knees, shoulders and elbows hurt? Because it's already stiff and uncomfortable getting out of bed. Huge jacked man is obviously on gear and he looked great in DOFP but in this new movie he's portraying an older Logan. What am I supposed to do with my strength when I get older? What does it mean? Damn it I think this movie gave me an existential crisis.

Related, how do I get this mode? Do lots of bench pressing?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BRfb9OwhabA/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/01/dude-so-and-so-got-so-fucking-jacked.html?m=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>But it got me thinking a bit about age and how to maintain strength and muscle as we get older
The same way, though some say we may need to consume more because we lose the ability to absorb as much.
>I'm 24 now but how will my body be when I'm 54? Will I still be strong, will I look good if I keep lifting my entire life?
Strength generally is better preserved, but as we age we gain less and lose more, though maybe on trained individuals this effect may be slower.( No real proof, but I'm allowed to dream)
>Will my knees, shoulders and elbows hurt? Because it's already stiff and uncomfortable getting out of bed.
Genetics play a important role, but this can be avoided at any age.
>What am I supposed to do with my strength when I get older? What does it mean? Damn it I think this movie gave me an existential crisis.
Don't, we eventually age, but if don't a serious illness you will be able to do it normally.

Im a noob, what does being "on gear" include? How often was he dosed? Do you have to continue the doses of the roids or something? What happens to jacked man after he quits being on gear? Thanks.

>Huge jacked man is obviously on gear
But he isn't though. If you think wolverine mode isn't achievable natty you are delusional

At a certain point, test levels are naturally lower and you have to roid to look decent. Although at that point you can get perscription roids so why the fuck not.

I plan to blast and cruise to my deathbed once I'm 50+

He's 6'3....

I had some issues with my bod in my twenties, and I'll give you some pointers.

TYVD was a man who spoke the god's honest truth. YOU MUST TAKE YOUR VITAMIN D. Because intake of vitamin D leads to calcification ALSO TAKE YOUR VITAMIN K2 to stop that happening. These are not just bone helping supplements, they will help stop your joints feeling sore and all that jazz, keep your skin looking nicer and keep your junk making hormones. A good extra bit is zinc and selenium so eat some nuts, especially Brazil Nuts and Walnuts. If you really want to top it off take some silicon supplement (eat stinging nettles or something, there are pills too. Also makes your hair and finger nails super strong) and jarrow bone up has a bunch of good shit in it.

If you are worried about the little bits of collagen in your bod, make sure you do your prehab. If you do take sups, make sure to take a baby aspirin with it. Aspirin increases blood flow more to collagen for some reason than to other tissues and is itself quite a good supp. Hyaluronic Joint Complex by source naturals I found to be really good here if you have to take something. Gelatin is meant to be good but I dunno really, if I get a craving I eat some but meh. I found Seabuckthorn Oil had some effect but it's not massive and quite expensive. Bromelain was god tier for me but apparently can have not so decent effect on some people so ymmv.

For prehab, if you do nothing else do Tsatsouline's Super Joints. If you don't want a weird Russian thing, by all means Tai Chi and Yoga are good, all three together even better. Ballet too if you can fit it in. Hyperextensions is something a lot of people do too eventually for prehab.

Beyond that, good idea to get more magnesium, DHA and EPA, and B12. These are all things you could probably do with more of. Sleep hygiene, dental hygiene are also good thing. So get a red light or something like that, nice bed, floss, if necessary use some sodium hexagluconate mouthwash.

It means he's taking steroids.

Actors don't have the time to work out all the time and they often may need to drop weight for roles and such. They have private chefs and physicans to monitor. Hugh Jackman is old yet looks like a 20 year old. He's really tall and with that frame and muscle mass/definition, there's no way he's natty.

He'll retain some muscle and strength but he'll definately lose some if he comes off the test. I think he's crusing on a low dose permanently though because why the fuck wouldn't you.

People who are taller generally produce more growth hormone and shit bro. We have higher muscle gaining potential.

And more surface area. So It's harder to look bulky.

Nah not really. It's mostly eating enough. Manlets can get away with a protein bar or some shit, you gotta eat big (if you are big) to get big.

As someone who is 6'3 and fairly built, it took me over 12 years of hard training since starting high school to get to where I am today without gear hgh or creatine or any of that shit.

Smaller people look bigger faster because their frames are smaller and easier to fill.

10lbs of muscle on me would not be noticeable, but 10lbs on a manlet will be easily noticeable.

tl;dr manlet look more muscular faster, but the trade off is they're manlets. I would never choose such a horrific life.

>or creatine
Lol. Seriously though, you having problems doesn't change that it happens in general. If everyone had to train like yourself we wouldn't have any tall bulky athletes afterall.

You sound like a manlet. I am sorry for you. You have my sympathy.

>his body being possible natty means he's not on gear
user please at least pretend to not be a sperg

>I'm 24
>it's already stiff and uncomfortable getting out of bed

that is not normal at your age. seek medical help immediately.

I'm 6'5 and ~260lbs. Seriously for most tall people putting on lean mass is easy. You have to eat though, that's where most peeps fuck up.

Some people are just tall and cannot put on mass easier either, but they are exceptions.

my pops is in his 50s and is looking great. Really it isn't about lifting heavy, just a lot, and consistently.
He was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis and had to take some 2 pills a day for it, said "fuck that I have a theory" and got to working out every day to stimulate his immune system.
That was a year ago, and now he takes about 1 pill every two weeks.
Very simple workout:5 sets of: 100 punches, 30 reps benchpress, 30 body weight squats.
Just keep dedicated and you will be fine.

Great movie? what the everliving fugg are you on m8?

it's just about the shittest movie ever made, by all possible measures

I mean sure lets go with this implanted hard metal exoskeleton shit, lets say they made these creatures of hard metal covered with flesh

then OK lets also accept their superhuman healing abilities, fair enough, genetic modification or some shit

HOWEVER, what nobody should accept EVER, when it comes to movies or stories, is when clear physical rules are set up, but then completely disregarded for absolute nonsensical bullshit

now, based on how the wolverine (and the little girl wolverine) moves and interacts with objects in their world, it is obvious that the exoskeleton does not add a significant amount of weight to them (otherwise if he weighed say 1000lb, people and objects would be basically pulverized when he hit them lightly, due to momentum transfer). So, it is perfectly safe to assume he weighs at most 300lb, and the girl much less.

Thus, with these abundantly clear constraints set on wolverine, it is perfectly clear that just the punch of a single normal shotgun to the chest would still knock one of these wolverine fuckers to the ground, after which he would be fucked, (since there is always 30 people with automatic rifles firing at him)

basically, pure nonsensical shit for 2 hours.. who can watch something like that

that said, I am a huge fantasy and sci-fi fan normally, but not a fan of pure SHIT

TYVD also killed a man

Is this like the first X-men movie you've ever seen or something?

no, still watched them all, enjoyed some, (these things are not mutually exclusive), BUT objectively all x-men movies are absolute shit. (due to what I explained, its something you just do not do, within an actually good story universe). If you don't see why, you really really REALLY need to read some actually good fantasy or sci-fi (or some good sci fi movies, but there are very few)

Something similar:

I was looking at Hemsworth's IG and found a video of some of his training.

I realize he's on gear and that doing this type of training alone isn't what built his physique but it looked like fun.

You guys know of any routines like this I can check out? Something with circuit training and HIIT or strength training/conditioning?

>inb4 CrossFit
instagram.com/p/BRfb9OwhabA/

I'm 35 and a year ago I tore my MCL while shifting a warm up weight on the squat. It just went kaboom. Do warm ups for your warm ups as you get older kids. Especially hamstring stretches.

TYVD suggested to take vitamin D3 and vitamin K2.

The vitamin K avenger took vitamin D2 and vitamin K3.

K3 is a byproduct of conversion between K2 and K1 and is stored in the liver usually in miniscule amounts. It is the only form of vitamin K that will kill you via hypervitaminosis. The Vitamin K Avenger overdosed on K3 less than a year before it was impossible to buy over the counter as well. Like you just cannot buy it at all now, probably because of that idiot (although why would you want to buy it?)

Get old, go to a doctor and get diagnosed with low test then take double dosages of your medication. Problem solved.

I watched DOFP last night and goddamn Jackman is fucking veiny

>Related, how do I get this mode? Do lots of bench pressing?>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/01/dude-so-and-so-got-so-fucking-jacked.html?m=0

Fuck it, i'm going all in.
I'm going to become Fox's The Wolverine.

Totally agree, and the kids... that gave me the fucking cringies man.

Did you mean that a shotgun blast would physically knock him backwards/down, or just that the shock and pain of the wound would make him lose his balance and he'd collapse? Because the former doesn't really happen with small arms fire.

haha nerd

>it's just about the shittest movie ever made, by all possible measures
People who say this about blockbusters haven't watched enough movies.

Shad, calm down.