Who else here didn't fall for the swallowing candy meme? Just chew, maybe suck on it for a bit, and then spit it out...

Who else here didn't fall for the swallowing candy meme? Just chew, maybe suck on it for a bit, and then spit it out. All the taste, much less calories. People who swallow candy or soda are just retarded.

That's actually an eating disorder, get help

The man pulled mutiple fucking yahts in his teeth for I forget how many miles.
IN HIS 70's.

Why not just have a cheat day or cheat meal? Also, that is a terrible analogy. Putting oil in a corvette would fucking ruin it; consuming a candy bar isn't going to do much harm.

If he chewed candy and spat it out because he was worried about calories then he had an eating disorder. I doubt he did spit out food because even he would know that would be a sign of being unwell

> consuming a candy bar won't do much harm
Okay, Tumblr.

This doesn't really help by supporting that tired old meme that unhealthy food tastes good and healthy food tastes bad.

Anybody who takes this that literally and gets triggered by it is going to get a heart atack anyway.

People eat sweets for both the taste and the satiation. Just because the taste is the most apparent to a simpleton doesn't mean that's the only factor in its appeal

Found the triggered fatty.

"I eat a Hershey bar and coke because I am hungry! What, eat bread and milk? Hurrr"

One candy bar a week isn't terrible bro... Maybe I can't speak for bodybuilders but I have been losing weight consistently even though I have a cheat day each week.

Because people want to eat things that taste good. Doesn't even mean he's fat, skinny people eat candy too. Why do they eat it? Because it tastes good.

I ain't triggered bro, it's just something that's been on my mind and pissing me off. Food is food; 70% of the time it's fuel, 30% fun. Eat the fucking candy bar when you actually want it. Don't attach greater significance to it than it needs and don't restrict yourself. Yours sincerely, recovering anorexic.

Wait does that mean I had/have a eating disorder? I stopped eating all items with added sugar for about two months ago

The motherfucker barely knew what calories were.
He knew that candy and eating too much made you fat weak and had shitty constitutions.

Look up his diatribe on kids eating candy and sugar in general. He fucking went off on it.

spitting it out is annoying

I try to avoid items with added sugar too - unless I added it myself. I cook my meals from scratch and bake a lot. I figure if I'm going to eat added sugar, I'd rather be the one deciding how much goes into my body and from what source.

I think it would become ED if you'd rather not eat at all than eat something with added sugar. If it became a problem, in other words.

Same. Got better when I came to Veeky Forums and the issue was addressed
>Should I do a pro ana diet to cut?
>No just eat at a deficit and don't have a complex about it

That's why I love it here.

Like I said, if he wanted to eat candy but didn't want to get fat (even though you won't get fat from an occasional candy bar), and decided it would be better to chew the food up so he tasted it then spat it out he'd be exhibiting typical behaviour seen in people with anorexia and bulimia. However, I don't take what he said seriously - I am concerned however that anyone in this thread would actually do something stupid like that

Yeah bro, life is so much easier when you don't sweat the small stuff and focus on the bigger picture. I lost a lot of time, opportunities and friends to anorexia because I was worrying about shit that didn't even matter, you're probably the same but I guess we shouldn't judge ourselves for getting sick

Are you retarded? I'm simply stating basic biological reward psychology. There's a reason sugary food tastes good, because there is an associated response from the subsequent consumption and digestion of said material. Sounds like you're just a projecting faggot

You sound like an armchair psychologist

Ad hominem without premises/refutation does not a counter-argument make

It's just empty calories. If you're not living off of it, have self control and count your calories, there's literally nothing wrong with a treat.

You sound like you're so retarded that you actually believe understanding something as simple as that makes you an "armchair psychologist".

Understanding that stuff tastes a certain way because of what it will do for you once consumed is not a difficult concept

The funny part is,youre still partially digesting some of the calories from the food, just by chewing on it.
You can get calories from sugar free gum, too.

Also, shame on you for trying to twist Jack The Man Lalanne's words. He thought sugar treats were bad for kids, and obstructive to people seeking physique and health goals, not that the world was ending by eating a slice of pie.

He was a hard-ass, but not autismo.

The thing is, I thought we pretty much always knew sugar treats were bad for kids. That's why they're called "treats" - they're special, not everyday. They're the kind of thing adults give to kids when they want to give them a small gift, or make them happy, or reward them for doing something - and an alternative non-food based reward is in some way less appropriate.

The only thing I'd add to that though is that in my family back in the 40s and 50s my grandfather ate a lot of crap because it was the only way my great grandmother could afford to feed an active kid playing outside 24/7. Eating healthy was expensive even back then if you didn't grow your own food or kill your own animals. Meat was especially hard to come by, that's why he grew up eating fatty, cheap cuts cooked in broths and stews, and only then if they could afford that. The only way my great grandmother could give him the calories he needed on demand was in the form of sandwiches with butter and jam and cheap, bleached white bread, which he ate in place of dessert until he died.

> basic reward psych
Yeah, the reward is the taste, you sperg. If people wanted yummy food that satiated their hunger, people would eat a fucking apple or banana. I can get not liking veggies, but don't tell me 'hurr durr, i liek chocolate' people who don't eat fruit are doing it for satiation. They are mindless fat fucks. We need to gas them.